+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing Clerics DPS

Rift Master

Default Healing Clerics DPS

Do healing clerics have more damage than Marksmen? I have been hearing this all over my server and in the Warfronts.

No, they don't.
    Last edited by Gazrael; 04-15-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    M'Nope.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    Do healing clerics have more damage than Marksmen? I have been hearing this all over my server and in the Warfronts.
    if your marksman does less damage than 450/1.5sec, that is less than 300 for rogue types gcd then yes. If not, they are probably aren't talking about healing clerics but inq hybrids that can offer some passive aoe healing but not really heal.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    if your marksman does less damage than 450/1.5sec, that is less than 300 for rogue types gcd then yes. If not, they are probably aren't talking about healing clerics but inq hybrids that can offer some passive aoe healing but not really heal.

So a marksmen vs inq hybrid .. the marksmen should win (I know its not 1v1) but thinking damage wize. Also, when does a Marksmen get great damage. In the 20+ bracket they seem to be lacking.

So a marksmen vs inq hybrid .. the marksmen should win (I know its not 1v1) but thinking damage wize. Also, when does a Marksmen get great damage. In the 20+ bracket they seem to be lacking.
    Jesus dude, really? You DO realize there's a difference between 20+ and 50 bracket. You might want to clarify what particular answer you're fishing for in the OP.
    Last edited by Gazrael; 04-15-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    M'Nope.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    I do find it funny that I can pull 350 DPS single-target in full heal spec by simply casting waterjet, but full inq spec has trouble pulling much above 700. Why do inq nukes scale so badly? :|.

Druid/sham, gogogo, or waterjet because waterjet is just so epic.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gazrael View Post
    Jesus dude, really? You DO realize there's a difference between 20+ and 50 bracket. You might want to clarify what particular answer you're fishing for in the OP.
    I am sorry, I know most people think in terms or level 50, and you cant go back and edit on these forums.

So, Marksmen does get better with levels? Thats great to know
    Last edited by AvdielZion; 04-15-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gazrael View Post
    It doesnt change that much at 50 either, you will still be outdpsed and totally stomped by healing clerics on your MM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zax1 View Post
    It doesnt change that much at 50 either, you will still be outdpsed and totally stomped by healing clerics on your MM.

Wait what?? HEALING clerics outdping a DPS soul??? How does that make sense?
    Last edited by AvdielZion; 04-15-2011 at 08:47 AM.

This is less about the awesomeness of healing Clerics, and more about the need to boost Marksman.

First off, make sure you are referring to a HEALING Cleric; i.e. - a Cleric who is primarily invested in healing. We have a lot of ways to hybridize our roles to include more healing or more DPS, and a lot of our hybrids can almost maximize our DPS (which isn't great) while still being able to heal.

A pure healer is probably not putting out more than ~350 damage per GCD. That's basically Waterjet spamming, and when he's attacking he's not healing. He might be able to go slightly higher if he's putting Vex from the Inq tree on targets; that might add another 20-30 DPS from DoTs for 15 seconds. But it would be odd to see a pure healer spec'd into Inquisitor, even as a 0 point soul selection.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    This is less about the awesomeness of healing Clerics, and more about the need to boost Marksman.

First off, make sure you are referring to a HEALING Cleric; i.e. - a Cleric who is primarily invested in healing. We have a lot of ways to hybridize our roles to include more healing or more DPS, and a lot of our hybrids can almost maximize our DPS (which isn't great) while still being able to heal.

A pure healer is probably not putting out more than ~350 damage per GCD. That's basically Waterjet spamming, and when he's attacking he's not healing. He might be able to go slightly higher if he's putting Vex from the Inq tree on targets; that might add another 20-30 DPS from DoTs for 15 seconds. But it would be odd to see a pure healer spec'd into Inquisitor, even as a 0 point soul selection.
    I have an inq/sent/justi build I made that has pretty hawt DPS with huge aoe healing capability AND healing invocation + TOTL so I can tank heal if needed. :O

And because I'm in a crit build, the inq/sent crit bonuses give me 190% crit on heals too, raid buffs make my doctrines (boosted aoe heal % + lots of crits) incredibly powerful.

But I do sacrifice a LOT of awesome abilities to do that.

Plane Touched

Wait what?? HEALING clerics outdping a DPS soul??? How does that make sense?
    Well, it doesnt, to me at least. Looks like Gersh & team thinks otherwise.

With Lightbolt spam I parse about 250 dps (850 spellpower, 51 Purifier/15 Sentinel).
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread