+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's a good fun tanking class?

Default What's a good fun tanking class?

Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by bsc14 View Post
    any opinions?
    tell me nowzz!!

Rift Disciple

I'll give you three valid opinions:
    Warrior
    Cleric
    Rogue

I'm enjoying my 2h cleric tanking build.

Quote Originally Posted by BSC14 View Post
    Any opinions?
    Dunno, Riftstalker is pretty fun. You teleport around and what not.

Why not try the stickie in General forums for all the community guides, they have how-tos for the tanks, might help you to have an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    np feel free to ask. The general forums are useful, but we argue in other threads to pass the time at work

Shadowlander

Haven't tried all 3 at max level, just up to 20ish to 40ish so far but.......
    1) Warriors, lots of options, depending on soul mix, which means lots of flexibility on builds and potential to customize to your tanking style; with 4 roles you can have multiple tank builds easily and still leave room for dps & pvp
    2) Clerics, fun but kind of boring, especially once you macro, becomes almost a 2 button tanking; still fun and very effective; also less flexible in regards to soul mixes as justi must be your primary soul and the others are limited because of the limitations of reduced healing/dps from non justi abilities, probably the least flexible of the 3
    3) Rogues, fun and more involved, not to mention very mobile; less flexible in terms of soul builds as RS must be your primary soul, its flexible enough that you can make use of other souls however you see fit, without penalties for using abilities from other souls

My personal favorite is the Rogue as I like the mobile play style, though warriors is also fun. My cleric is the least favorite due to it being kind of boring to restrictive, but thats relatively saying. It's still enjoyable being able to support heal while tanking.

Peace

By far my favorite of the three is the Rogue. You can make so many builds that do a host of things (similar to Warriors) but all of them are fun, slightly complex (and thus fun to master), and allow a ton of utility to shine through in the hands of a good player.

I wouldn't trade my RS Tank for anything else.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Yeah I kind of get a kick out of my cleric tanking with a 2hander.

Out of the three tanks I find rogue the most fun and frustrating. I thoroughly enjoy the teleport mechanic which allows for some creative pulls. ON the other hand in experts rogues seem to be the worst at trash tanking (aggro/damage taken). Single target threat is excellent though. I haven't tanked a raid yet outside of the invasion bosses so I cannot comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    At first I thought this was a joke....but you can really make a 2h Cleric tank?

Prophet of Telara

At first I thought this was a joke....but you can really make a 2h Cleric tank?
    up until lvl 40-44 yes.

after that.. not really.

parry is capped atm at 20%.

justicars cap that with a one-hander without buffs with t1.5gear, meaning that at that point their scaling just STOPS. This needs to be addressed ofc since as all tanks are getting geared justicar will start to lag behind.

but due to parry you can tank with a two hander until ~LH normal.
    Last edited by shroudb; 04-15-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    up until lvl 40-44 yes.

after that.. not really.

parry is capped atm at 20%.

justicars cap that with a one-hander without buffs with t1.5gear, meaning that at that point their scaling just STOPS. This needs to be addressed ofc since as all tanks are getting geared justicar will start to lag behind.

but due to parry you can tank with a two hander until ~LH normal.
    hmm...I was thinking I might go with that but if it's only good to lvl 44 then nevermind.

Prophet of Telara

hmm...I was thinking I might go with that but if it's only good to lvl 44 then nevermind.
    well there was that ONE guy that posted a screenie of him two-handing tanking i think... FC? not sure though, so it IS possible, just not optimal.

+ Reply to Thread