+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 hits are just as bad as 1 hit

Sword of Telara

Default 4 hits are just as bad as 1 hit

people seems to worry about that pyro can 1 hit you.
    but even if he can kill you in 4 hits this is bad because 4 hits = 4 seconds.

i won't mention other games but i've never seen a game where you would be dead in 4 seconds

Dead in 4 seconds? Sounds like most mage deaths after being stunlocked 100-0 without a healer around to give a ****.

How many hits does it take for you to feel like it's "fair"? 8? 12? 30?
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 04-15-2011 at 04:05 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post

i won't mention other games but i've never seen a game where you would be dead in 4 seconds
    4 Pyro hits = 6 seconds.
    But don't worry, we don't pretend you actually know what you're talking about.
    Unless you're considering Heat Weave, an ability with 2 minutes CD.
    Last edited by Qlippoth; 04-15-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    4 Pyro hits = 6 seconds.
    im talking about Heat Wave
    also consider some off GCD skills(inferno)
    Last edited by Nodisplay; 04-15-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    4 Pyro hits = 6 seconds.
    Actually, it would be 4.5 seconds, barring long cast times, as the first hit would occur at 0 seconds.

Pwned.

/10char

So again, how many hits is "fair"?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

If you listen to the latest podcast, Adam G. mentions they're going to fix the additive bonuses that make 1,2,or 3-shotting someone possible.

Base mage damage is fine, its all the other crap that gives it its bonuses
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by The Grixxitt View Post
    If you listen to the latest podcast, Adam G. mentions they're going to fix the additive bonuses that make 1,2,or 3-shotting someone possible.

Base mage damage is fine, its all the other crap that gives it its bonuses
    That's what I gathered from it, yet the forums are still filled with people running around screaming that the sky is still falling.

4 seconds? in 4 seconds with heat wave pyros can do enough damage to kill 2 players, bro...fireball spam = the apex of player skill in this game
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 04-15-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    4 seconds? in 4 seconds with heat wave pyros can do enough damage to kill 2 players, bro...fireball spam + powerball = the apex of skill in this game
    Fixed it for you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post

I'll give you 2 examples from vanilla wow.

Night Elf hunter launches an aimed shot, multishot, auto shot from Shadowmeld. That would kill most clothies in 1 GCD since all 3 attacks hit as one. Almost a guaranteed kill and they would never see it coming.

Rogue does a prep->ambush into a gouge, and finishes with a 5cp cold blooded evis. This was an almost guaranteed kill on Mage. Again, nothing they could do but die.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post

Night Elf hunter launches an aimed shot, multishot, auto shot from Shadowmeld. That would kill most clothies in 1 GCD since all 3 attacks hit as one. Almost a guaranteed kill and they would never see it coming.

Rogue does a prep->ambush into a gouge, and finishes with a 5cp cold blooded evis. This was an almost guaranteed kill on Mage. Again, nothing they could do but die.
    #1 - Noone cares about WoW (You aren't in Azeroth anymore)

#2 - You're example is more of an analogy to Sab than Pyro
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Rift Master

It's funny but when it was taking a Saboteur 6 seconds to kill a mage people were *****ing about how OP that was and look how the tides have turned.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post

That was back before they normalized weapons. Hunters with very slow weapons were doing much more damage than was intended. And of course, they nerfed shadowmeld as well. Hunters have struggled to compete ever since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast