+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Happen?!

Rift Master

Default What Happen?!

What happen to all the Cleric and Mage counter class? Shouldnt there be a class that can counter these guys??

what happen?

"VOID KNIGHT
    * Insatiable Hunger: Now drains mana equal to half of the equipped weapon's damage.
    * Devouring Blow: Now drains mana equal to 100% of the damage of Devouring Blow, rather than 50%.
    * Soul Pillage: Reduced to drain approximately 15% of target's mana, down from 20%. The amount drained is now modified by Endurance to better scale at level cap.
    * Catalyze: The mana drain component has been reduced to drain approximately 15% of target's mana, down from 30%. The amount drained is now determined by how much damage is dealt by Catalyze. This ability also gains Instability, a 15 second buff that reduces the damage taken by the Void Knight by 5% for 15 seconds.
    * Unstable Reaction: Now drains mana based on how much damage it deals. The net change should reduce it to approximately 15%, down from the 25% drained previously.
    * Power Sink: Mana drain value reduced to drain approximately 20% of target's mana from each target, down from 60% previously. The amount drained is now modified by Endurance to better scale at level cap. It has also gained Instability, a 15 second buff that reduces the damage taken by the Void Knight by 5% for 15 seconds."

mana drain nerf.... also champion nerf and sab nerf

Sword of Telara

Mages complained about them all till Gersh had enough "evidence" to authorise a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandarth View Post
    Mages complained about them all till Gersh had enough "evidence" to authorise a nerf.
    Obviously butthurt about mages. Clerics have a much bigger problem with it since 90% of mage specs sub into warlock for sac life anyways, so not only are you butthurt but simply wrong.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Disasterpiece1 View Post
    what happen?
    I wish I could thumbs up this post a thousand times. It made me laugh out loud.

Rift Disciple

The guy from Warhammer, Gersh was able to implement his master plan of making Rift into Warhammer 2.0. So far so good, Pyro is the Bright Wizard. Now if only he will be able to convince them to keep Pyro this way for 6 months and guaranteeing that Rift is a runaway success that Warhammer was.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dallan View Post
    The guy from Warhammer, Gersh was able to implement his master plan of making Rift into Warhammer 2.0. So far so good, Pyro is the Bright Wizard. Now if only he will be able to convince them to keep Pyro this way for 6 months and guaranteeing that Rift is a runaway success that Warhammer was.

bwahahahaha

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    What happen to all the Cleric and Mage counter class? Shouldnt there be a class that can counter these guys??
    generalize more pls.

mdps clerics are still crap for pvp. only shaman has any kind of burst once/1.5min and in t2+ this burst alone can kill noone, that is disregarding the fact that tis cd has the most obvious graphic that screams 'target me now'. druid has the necessary debuffs for pvp but lacks urst and his only hope of killing someone is if he is stupid enough to let him hit you for like an eternity.

rdps clerics are good in aoe damage. inquisitor if you are dumb enough to let him cast his two secs cast without moving 5m away from him (laughable easy to dodge) and cabalist is good aoe damage with the exception that its not imba in any way and that he lacks any form of survivability.

healing clerics are still as succeptible to CC as they were prior to patch. Their ONLY CC break is still the pvp soul (and 1 antisnare if you are warden but meh, snares are a dime a dozen). Mana drain, while nerfed, still counters them hard because they still have no way to replenish mp in combat. The differance is that instead of ONLY needing 3 gcd (yes, 3) in order to run empty now and be useless for 45+secs now you need about 10-15secs in order to effectively "kill" them. The mana drain change was needed imo. Even if you dont have the full time to drain him dry, draining him for 5-6secs still means that you cut his effectiveness in half in sustained battles (port scion and etc) and crippled his aoe healing capacities (that came along with the aoe healing nerfs). Healing debuffs continue to be as powerful as ever and there are already 2 souls that autoapply them consistently.

are those not enough counters for you? You still need a soul that in 3gcds can neuter all 8 cleric souls without them having ANY defense against them?

Let me put this in lehman's terms for everyone. As of patch 1.1:

PVP RANKED CLERICS DON'T DIE

PVP RANKED PYROS KILL EVERYTHING BUT CLERICS

You are not allowed to argue about this if you are not at least prestige rank 3.
    Last edited by Slic; 04-14-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Negata View Post
    Obviously butthurt about mages. Clerics have a much bigger problem with it since 90% of mage specs sub into warlock for sac life anyways, so not only are you butthurt but simply wrong.
    Nah I'm just ragging on Gersh because its amusing he follows the same game plan in this game that he followed in his last failed job.

Shadowlander

Yep, Warrs/Rogues should be able to wtfpwn everything with no risk.

There are plenty of counters to clerics/mages (including using your noggin). You just choose to either not use them or not spec them - mainly I imagine because you want big red numbers.

Well, funny old thing, some Clerics spec for big green numbers that balance yours out.

There is also this magical concept called team play.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzz View Post
    Yep, Warrs/Rogues should be able to wtfpwn everything with no risk.

There are plenty of counters to clerics/mages (including using your noggin). You just choose to either not use them or not spec them - mainly I imagine because you want big red numbers.

Well, funny old thing, some Clerics spec for big green numbers that balance yours out.

There is also this magical concept called team play.
    true,you need a full buffed raid of 10-20 people to kill 1 pyro with 2 clerics healing him/each other.

Plane Walker

Someone set us up the bomb!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by -Slic View Post
    Let me put this in lehman's terms for everyone. As of patch 1.1:

You are not allowed to argue about this if you are not at least prestige rank 3.
    since i am almost t4 i will put it this way.

yes, pvp healing clerics are tough to kill. You know, they sacrificed 50% of their healing for it. We NEED 33points into pvp soul+tank soul for that. Leaving only 33 for healing.

I my post i have explained numerous way to COUNTER healing clerics, go read them. Then come back.

i'm sorry your leet deepees spec cant KILL the cleric, but there are a dozen souls that neuter him with ease.

You are saying that if a dps sacrifice 33points into tanking souls he is tought to kill.. well duh! I dont really understand why should healers shouldn't be able to do something like that too.

also, pvp healing clerics dont kill. Ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast