+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Gear and Riftstalkers.

Shield of Telara

Default Tank Gear and Riftstalkers.

I'm sure this has floated around elsewhere.
    But to keep it short, theres a few weapons/accesories/rings with + block stats.
    Every tank but riftstalker uses these.
    Riftstalker does not have "Speciifc" rings/Accessores/Weapons to use, we just use the very rare non block ones, that every other tank would use to.

Examples.
    Blue Orchaleum Crafted Mace - Block Mace.
    Epic Tank Necklace from crafting - Block Necklace.

Also anothing minor Gripe.
    There are very nice Tank SHielding Runes.
    Maybe i've missed it, but i haven't seen a single "non Main hand" rune for using on my offhand.

May sound like silly complaints to some. But such is the life of a bored guy.

A lot of DPS items are perfectly acceptable (and sometimes superior) forms of Tank items for us Rogues, particularly in the weapon department. Find an item with high Endurance and Dexterity? Grats you found yourself a Tanking item.

That epic neck, while having wasted stats, is actually better than a lot of blues you can get a hold of before doing a lot of T1/T2 stuff. It really isn't all that bad and the amount of +block stuff is actually pretty minimal compared to how much stuff has just +Parry or +Dodge that anyone can use effectively.

Itemization in this game is exceptionally forgiving, provided you get your wanted items to drop, so having one stat that only applies to two callings in a specific role is fine by me.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

I'm a little confused on your rune comment, unless you're specifically looking for a riftstalker rune. Any mainhand rune can be used on your offhand.

Telaran

I think the runes he is talking about are the endurance (probably a few more?) that are used on shields instead of saying off-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fansy View Post
    I think the runes he is talking about are the endurance (probably a few more?) that are used on shields instead of saying off-hand.
    Not sure really what the problem is though. If you really liked the Parry/Dodge proc rune for example, you could put it on both to improve uptime. I'm not sure if that's even necessary since I've never tested it out but such an option is there.

Plus, RS aren't exactly hurting in the Health department if they go max EH. Hell I think I can still out-Health a similarly geared Warrior or Cleric without even going max EH, so lacking an Endurance option for our "off-hand" to be comparable to the Shield/Totem option is hardly a detriment. Block would be something we could crave but we can just toss on a Dexterity rune and call it a day (and get a nice chunk out of that for TPS and Avoidance).
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

+ Reply to Thread