+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for 1.2 roles balance

Soulwalker

Default Waiting for 1.2 roles balance

Well Trion did what Blizzard did with balancing. Figure I'll give them another balance and see where it'll take us. Not going to level an alt and be mage/cleric like everyone else in warfront. But as a warrior I'm useless in everyway. I'm sure there will be fan bois saying warriors are fine in pve/pvp.

Rift Disciple

you must be a very very bad player

best of luck in new game
    For the most awesome game understanding and balancing ideea :
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    ... look and tuned down at the so powerful self heals and damage output that some clerics can do ,maybe add 3-4 sec cd for the big heals ( more than 400 heal ) it can be a good idea ...

Telaran

Warriors make good flag carriers. Grab a shield and a tank role and run like hell.

Life is so tough =((((((

Sigh.

It must hurt to be so sad =(

ps
    l2p
    warriors are amazing if you don't suck and have half a brain.

I suck and have about 1/3 of a brain and I still feel reasonably useful playing a warrior.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I suck and have about 1/3 of a brain and I still feel reasonably useful playing a warrior.
    lol.......... +10

Cool story bro. Warriors still steamroll anything that isn't a pyro btw. I play a mage, but all my rogue friends constantly complain more about Warriors owning them than mages.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Rift Disciple

Trion did make a bad decision by choosing to balance classes the way Blizzard does, rather than emulating Guild Wars and their exceptional balance setup.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    Cool story bro. Warriors still steamroll anything that isn't a pyro btw. I play a mage, but all my rogue friends constantly complain more about Warriors owning them than mages.
    You should tell all your rogue friends to hurry up and level out of the 10-19 bracket.
    <@[WAR]Gersh> I'm a fan of BBQ, esspecially Chicken BBQ... Bright Wizard all the way

The BBQ is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Vocode View Post
    Trion did make a bad decision by choosing to balance classes the way Blizzard does, rather than emulating Guild Wars and their exceptional balance setup.
    How exactly does GW do it?
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Plane Walker

The only people who think warriors are still top DPS are living pre hotfix 13. Since hotfix 13, talented clerics and rogues (note: these are very rare) are running 1k dps in raids easily, and oftentimes doing it at range.

Trion goes by forum noise, so expect rogues to be boosted to godlike proportions and warrior DPS to be left in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Deioth View Post
    How exactly does GW do it?
    one way is by having separate PvP and PvE versions of skills, which i'm surprised hasn't been copied yet in some form in an mmo (or maybe it has and i haven't seen it)

roflmfao...

podcast says "Mages are about where they want them to be" <----- Thats the bar Only thing better then a mage is a cleric, Then you have rogues and warriors waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy under... At least rogues can do multiple things for a team.

DPS warriors can only steamroll if they're on a team that is steam rolling... a mage can be on a horrible team and wipe the entire opposing team... a cleric can be on a horrible team but put out twice the heals of the opposing cleric and put their team in a winning position, rogues can do solo 1v1 ganks, bard heals, sab ranged, or meat shield as they have higher magic damage mitigation as a tank than warriors do.

as a warrior you have the option of Melee DPS, Meat Shield

I think it's funny a lot of people are defending the warrior instead of demanding we get a support roll and a ranged roll back so we can at least play multiple styles.

and no... Beast Master is not considered in any ****ing form of a healer... a heal for 300hp every 10 seconds that puts you back on your global 1.5 second cd would hurt you far more than helping you as a clerics water jet instant class does more damage than that heal. They could make BM viable in a PvP setting as a group buffer or change Warlord with it's most ****ing ******ed mechanic i've ever seem in any game buffs ... all their buffs have a 2-3 minute cool down RIGHT? But you can only use them on the same party every 5 minutes for 10-20 seconds.... LMFAO

Change every support class to that garbage **** now, **** it give every class in the game plate armor so they'll sthu but then change all their heal specs and support specs and ranged specs to be identical to the warrior... so they can rage and quit the game.

I work 60 hours a week, I'm PvP 4, I can still solo people because I'm good at my class, my performance is no way near a reason for me to claim the warrior trees are viable in comparison to others, because they arn't. You don't balance around the good players... you balance around the middle players... that's how you see who's good and who's bad... the bad will still suck... the middle will be the middle and the top players will make people rage and claim OP. If you balance around the top performers of a class you turn everyone else to **** and make obvious disadvantages between class A and Class B. I havn't lost to a warrior in PvP in over a month and I can openly tell you Warriors blow... the trees blow and every powerful aspect has been getting constant nerfs into the dirt while others have been buffed to god tier.

What I want is simple, the same ability as everyone else to fill a different roll if I choose to. I don't want to be a "Gimped" version of ranged dps, I don't want to be forced into melee aoe builds if I want to "Score a lot of dps in a warfront" (Disclaimer: Only works depending on your personal heals as opposed to their personal casters) and I don't want to be forced to tank in a game that clerics and rogues make better tanks, even in pve... I want to be just as useful as anyone else in the war front and regardless to what these horrible whiney rogues who all they want is to stun-lock obscene dps people say ... this isn't wow or aion kids sorry you cant stun lock and kill everyone... and sorry you can't single target out dps aoe builds of other classes... I'm sure that would be really balanced if you as a single target class dished out 500k damage in 20 minutes... im sure that would be balanced in your eyes but that's why you're in special needs classes.

THe whole idea of Rift was that each class can bend the mold of their typical purpose... strangely enough... that all warriors do... is the typical mold.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

I'd like to see a time when players can take all 8 souls from a calling and make a viable spec at whatever said soul they use as their main. So if one wants to main an Archon, they can take abilities from other trees that complement that and do so.

What I don't want to see is someone trying to main a DPS soul and wondering why their tanking sub soul isn't offering much help(especially when they have them at about a 50/50 split). I think being able to take any of the 32 souls and make a main spec that will work(for whatever that main spec is designed for) is a fairly reasonable goal to look towards.....
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Quote Originally Posted by Orrus View Post
    one way is by having separate PvP and PvE versions of skills, which i'm surprised hasn't been copied yet in some form in an mmo (or maybe it has and i haven't seen it)
    EQ2 does this
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast