+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resist gear

Telaran

Default Resist gear

It seems to me that putting resists on gear would go a long way to improving game balance. If I had 50% fire mitigation a pyro would be manageable. Instead the so this global damage reduction that they give to tanking warriors (makes sense since they have no dps) and dps mages (makes no sense.) Lack of resist gear or buffs and global damage reduction feel like lazy design.

Quote Originally Posted by SmCaudata View Post
    It seems to me that putting resists on gear would go a long way to improving game balance. If I had 50% fire mitigation a pyro would be manageable. Instead the so this global damage reduction that they give to tanking warriors (makes sense since they have no dps) and dps mages (makes no sense.) Lack of resist gear or buffs and global damage reduction feel like lazy design.
    It is lazy design. The itemization in this game, as well as some mechanics, are just poorly done for any sort of strategic defensive play.
    Traetor - 70 Rogue
    Dogmatic - 70 Primalist

Shield of Telara

I would also like to see clothing introduced, e.g. layers.

Not only does it add flavour, it adds to the roleplaying enviroment.

No AR, no stats, no skills, nothing needed on these layers, just extra style.

And yeah, magic/element resists on armour is a good idea. Think about it, artifact plates aren't just protection against physical attacks. They can have elemental resistance as well.

It can work the same way AR does on cloth/leather/chain/plate in reverse. Plate has less resists working down to cloth which has more.

All the extra buffs that boost resists will just be extra benefits really but this will also make a huge impact on not being dealt mass damage and crits so much, especially by mages.

Although, in doing this, the AR might have to be looked at to also balance out the fact that warriors would be more protected against elemental attacks.

Just my 2 cents.

Again, I loved games with layers over armour, it looked better and felt better plus made you more your character.

Example - Ultima Online
    Last edited by Valkorian; 04-14-2011 at 05:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread