+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proposal: Stun/sap/disable abilities induce a short stun immunity period

Telaran

Default Proposal: Stun/sap/disable abilities induce a short stun immunity period

See the thread title. As a non-rogue player, I simply can not STAND getting chain stunned. Thanks to stun-ambush-disorient-attack-stun-finisher tactics, I routinely get ambushed for 1/2-3/4 of my HP in war fronts as a warrior when the rest of the team decides to leave me all alone guarding our flag/shard. I can't imagine how much a non-plate armored class must hate these combos.

I propose, then, an "awareness" buff that makes you immune to stuns/disorients/disabling abilities for a short period following the use of such an ability against you. Or just make ALL disabling abilities require stealth/out-of-combat states. Either way.

Soulwalker

You forgot to finish your sentence:

"I routinely get ambushed for 1/2-3/4 of my HP in war fronts... and then destroy the rogue as soon as stunlock ends"

I know its rough you've gotta wait an extra 4 seconds to 2-shot that rogue but I'm sure you'll pull through.
    Last edited by j2gz; 04-14-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberrycocoa View Post
    See the thread title. As a non-rogue player, I simply can not STAND getting chain stunned. Thanks to stun-ambush-disorient-attack-stun-finisher tactics, I routinely get ambushed for 1/2-3/4 of my HP in war fronts as a warrior when the rest of the team decides to leave me all alone guarding our flag/shard. I can't imagine how much a non-plate armored class must hate these combos.

I propose, then, an "awareness" buff that makes you immune to stuns/disorients/disabling abilities for a short period following the use of such an ability against you. Or just make ALL disabling abilities require stealth/out-of-combat states. Either way.
    I would love to see something like this. I played Age of Conan for a long time and loved that they had something like this. Anytime you were feared, you got "fear immunity" for something like 10 sec. Same with Stuns, Knockbacks, etc.

I am growing very tired of being chain cc'ed over and over, and only having one CC break that is on a 2 min timer.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by j2gz View Post
    You forgot to finish your sentence:

"I routinely get ambushed for 1/2-3/4 of my HP in war fronts... and then destroy the rogue as soon as stunlock ends"
    It never ends. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalyis View Post
    I am growing very tired of being chain cc'ed over and over, and only having one CC break that is on a 2 min timer.
    Your other soul has a CC break if you get too upset with it.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Soulwalker

I agree with the OP. I have lost count all the times where a stealthed rogue has killed me with me being unable to do a thing. That is crap design. Even if you use your two min break ability it does not matter he has 2 more stun/lock abilities. Its utter crap.

Soulwalker

I don't understand why everyone claims a rogue can "stunlock" they only get 2 stuns and one requires stealth which would come at the opportunity cost of the "ambush" attack. So normally you at looking at 1 stun and 1 in combat disorient which probably won't be used as this is all in the assassin soul and the bleeds will immediately break it.

And before you bring it up, no the other melee rogue souls do not have a stun. Oh and before I forget, PvP is not balanced around 1v1.

Shield of Telara

You're right, PvP is not balanced around 1v1. Which is exactly why there needs a stun immunity. Look at warfronts with a few warriors and rogues together. Constant stuns will happen.

Even if the immunity is 5 seconds from when the stun finishes, that is enough to prevent chain stuns and give the victim at least a chance to survive. Not that it matters for me against rogues so much. The only class that really effects me with their stuns is warriors, which is why I still believe only rogues should have stuns and remove them from warriors/mages/clerics, replacing with roots/holds/snares only.

I can understand from a fantasy novel perspective that if an Assassin was to strike at his victim from the shadows, he would most likely finish them off there and then, but in this game that cannot happen as it would be too much.

Anyways, my suggestion is to remove stuns from all except rogues and give slight immunity after stun finishes even if its 3 seconds.

More suggestions and ideas would be good on this topic and hopefully the dev's are reading.

Ascendant

This worked in AoC for one reason. There were non-stun stuns. In this game there are no abilities that act as a stun that are not classified as a stun. Every non-damage CC DRs with others of that type with ONE exception and thats rift prison which is not a spammable CC. Silences all DR with each other and artificer temp enchant gives you max 3s silence duration for 4 hours. This isn't even the problem, if anything does NOT DR with itself or other abilities call those out specifically because overall the CC in this game is fine.

titan strike > battle intimidation > thunderous kick > bull rush.

oh look, thats a longer stun lock than any rogue is able to do since battle intimidation doesnt break on damage and doesnt share DR with titan strike like the rogue in-combat stun does with the rogue opener stun

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post

oh look, thats a longer stun lock than any rogue is able to do since battle intimidation doesnt break on damage and doesnt share DR with titan strike like the rogue in-combat stun does with the rogue opener stun
    This is what I have been trying to say for a bit now regarding warrior stuns. Champs don't need that at all.

Plane Walker

fyi, what you are seeing now is the other souls of rogues. Sab's are crap now so people are branching out and learning the better builds AND honing their skill with it.

If you are getting stunlocked then you best change your souls around to get some breaks from it or pay.

Keep in mind that rogues don't have unlimited stuns and there is DR on stuns as well. So if you can break through 1-2 stuns the rogue is as good as dead. Unless they try and use (broken) slip away and get away from you.
    Last edited by XEshamX; 04-14-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Shield of Telara

I've never really been majorly threatened by a Rogue stun or stun lock, it hurts yeah, but I know afterwards will be a good close battle either way.

I'm only concerned with the way warriors are with their stuns.

Oh, and Sab's are still damn good for damage, especially at low levels. But that is low level.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post

Titans Strike's stun was reduced for exactly that reason.

Plus, this presumes the warrior gets the opening attack. Since rogues cant be attacked even when walking close enough to be visible to the eye, they almost always get the first strike, which is invariably to sap a target to render them immobile while still retaining stealth, then ambush from stealth for huge damage, stun again, work up a few combo points, then finish. By the time they run out of stuns the victim is either dead or too weak to have a chance at turning the fight around.

If there has to be an ability damage upgrade to compensate I am fine with that, but these one-sided attack chains that render another player incapable of even TRYING to fight back need to be put in the ground.

+ Reply to Thread