+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: what is this instant heal?

Sword of Telara

Default what is this instant heal?

we were 2 rogues,MM and me(sin).
    we attacked 1 cleric,we almost killed him and then boom knock back instant heal instant heal instant heal while running.

now the thing is that he is in the same speed as me so i can never really catch him and the MM deals really weak damage.

finally i got to him with shifts and continued my attacks,the weird thing is that he OUTHEAL my + the MM damage WITH JUST SPAMMABLE INSTANT HEALS this is just crazy...
    i didnt remove my eyes from his casting bar but he never casted! just running and healing for some minutes till his teammates pwned us.

next target after pyro: heals in pvp,especially instant heals.

Rift Master

MMs are awful at killing healers. Welcome to Rift. However, you are the best kiter/anti-kiter in game, and you shouldn't have let him go anywhere.

But yea, if you want to be killing healers, you shouldn't be an MM.
    Last edited by Foofmonger; 04-14-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Rift Disciple

How was the mana bar?

Sounds like Healing Flare from Purifier if all the Cleric did was Insta Heal... and that takes a chunk of MP.

Could also be Glory of the Chosen from Shaman mixed in? Unlikely, but it heals a chunk when the Cleric is critted.

Warden also has Restorative Tide, which adds on a HoT when the Cleric is critted.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lilun View Post
    How was the mana bar?

Sounds like Healing Flare from Purifier if all the Cleric did was Insta Heal... and that takes a chunk of MP.

Could also be Glory of the Chosen from Shaman mixed in? Unlikely, but it heals a chunk when the Cleric is critted.

Warden also has Restorative Tide, which adds on a HoT when the Cleric is critted.
    Could also be Doctrine of Bliss which you can cast forever as long as you keep throwing your life-based dmg spells out.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Surma View Post
    Could also be Doctrine of Bliss which you can cast forever as long as you keep throwing your life-based dmg spells out.
    Well, could have been, but I didn't mention it cause the OP said all the cleric did was heal.
    Honestly, I'd expect at least one of them to eventually die(or be near death) if the Cleric was healing all that with Doctrine of Bliss and also throwing out attacks.

Rift Disciple

You were not facing a healer. That was an inquisitor with Judicar and maybe Sentinal. The knockback was from the inquisitor tree. The instant casts were either healing breath which you get just from taking sentinal (zero point talent) and is on an 8 second cooldown. Judicar tree also allows you to generate up to 4 convictions by using life based attacks. (inquistor attacks are life based). With 6 points in judicar you can do an instant cast self heal for about 800 and use up those doctrines. With about 8 points you can use those convictions for an instant AOE heal for about the same amount. So he had up to 5 instant cast heals until healing breath comes off cooldown or he attacks again with a life based spell. This build has very little burst but can wear you down slowly. I use a similar build but with cabalist instead of sentinal for mort burst potential.

The heals are really not that strong so any burst class will just power through them.

Ascendant

The cleric probably used "Tough of Light" (makes next healing spell instant) in conjunction with "Flashover" (makes next spell crit) or "Tidal Surge" (makes next healing spell 50% more effective)

None of those abilities are on GCD and have a 45 second reuse.. and most healing clerics have at least 2 of them)

If you use "Touch of Light" & " Tidal Surge" and get a crit on that cast.. You can pretty much guaranteed you are full health after the cast.

Also most clerics have "Healing Breath" which has a huge spell power contribution.. I can regularly use it to heal for 2k when it crits every 8 seconds (which is its reuse)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    You were not facing a healer. That was an inquisitor with Judicar and maybe Sentinal. The knockback was from the inquisitor tree. The instant casts were either healing breath which you get just from taking sentinal (zero point talent) and is on an 8 second cooldown. Judicar tree also allows you to generate up to 4 convictions by using life based attacks. (inquistor attacks are life based). With 6 points in judicar you can do an instant cast self heal for about 800 and use up those doctrines. With about 8 points you can use those convictions for an instant AOE heal for about the same amount. So he had up to 5 instant cast heals until healing breath comes off cooldown or he attacks again with a life based spell. This build has very little burst but can wear you down slowly. I use a similar build but with cabalist instead of sentinal for mort burst potential.

The heals are really not that strong so any burst class will just power through them.
    Knockback could also have been from Warden's Crushing Wave. Though, need more information to get a peg on souls.

So yea, lets play the guessing game... my Gold is on:
    Purifier + Warden + Templar (Healing Warfront Build)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lilun View Post
    Knockback could also have been from Warden's Crushing Wave. Though, need more information to get a peg on souls.

So yea, lets play the guessing game... my Gold is on:
    Purifier + Warden + Templar (Healing Warfront Build)
    Ah yes. Forgot about that one.

Rift Chaser

this pretty much says it all..

pretty much why so many rogue subscribers are pissed off right now...

not enough dps to kill anything solo.. i would have thought 2 rogues could kill a cleric, but it doesnt suprise me as op the cleric class is.... its nearly a joke..

you playing an assassin by chance?
    Last edited by brucer; 04-14-2011 at 10:09 AM.

I've seen this kind of healing before, it wasn't purifer. Pretty sure he was inquisitor/justicar/Templar

Possibly rank 6.

The pushback is from inquisitor. The instant cast heals are from justicar. Quite small heals in comparison, but the big heal you talk of in the beginning was most likely the full health heal justicars get, it's a 5 min cooldown.

Then you have an instant cast/crit spell in the templar tree rank 6.

This can make the cleric seem pretty godly as all he does is throw out a few damaging abilties and heals up like mad without any casts or HoTs. Plus they take hardly any damage with both Templar and Justicar tree.

I wouldn't worry about them too much though, not exactly the best damage in the world, and their group heals lack somewhat without a second heal tree. Just a walking machine :P
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-14-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    we were 2 rogues,MM and me(sin).
    we attacked 1 cleric,we almost killed him and then boom knock back instant heal instant heal instant heal while running.

now the thing is that he is in the same speed as me so i can never really catch him and the MM deals really weak damage.

finally i got to him with shifts and continued my attacks,the weird thing is that he OUTHEAL my + the MM damage WITH JUST SPAMMABLE INSTANT HEALS this is just crazy...
    i didnt remove my eyes from his casting bar but he never casted! just running and healing for some minutes till his teammates pwned us.

next target after pyro: heals in pvp,especially instant heals.
    The most likely instance is a healer healing your target. Did you look at the buff\debuff bar? Were there any icons there that help you identify what was on the character or what kind of character you were playing against?
    Also note, a GOOD rogue is a nightmare and will kill a cleric 1v1 frequently. There is still an element of chance but the odds are heavily in the rogues favor. Not sure which spec you require but the one I have serious trouble with stacks a healing debuff for 50% and\or stunlocks me until everything is down and I die wimpering.

Plane Touched

Healing breath and likely Justicar heals.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by brucer View Post

not enough dps to kill anything solo.. i would have thought 2 rogues could kill a cleric, but it doesnt suprise me as op the cleric class is.... its nearly a joke..

you playing an assassin by chance?
    yea i were assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    The most likely instance is a healer healing your target. Did you look at the buff\debuff bar? Were there any icons there that help you identify what was on the character or what kind of character you were playing against?
    Also note, a GOOD rogue is a nightmare and will kill a cleric 1v1 frequently. There is still an element of chance but the odds are heavily in the rogues favor. Not sure which spec you require but the one I have serious trouble with stacks a healing debuff for 50% and\or stunlocks me until everything is down and I die wimpering.
    well i was so focused on the casting bar(that didnt even appear) that i couldn't notice the buffs.
    he didnt even try to attack us he just walked and heal without stopping,maybe he had something like 3 seconds CD between his instant heals cycle.

i know i should be NB in WFs but i wanted to gank the flag carrier so i switched to assassin.

i could understand it if he would really heal with CASTING TIME heals.
    but just spamming instants to outheal 2 DPS damage is game breaking O.o .

but he knocked me back for sure i guess he had something realted to warden.

Quote Originally Posted by brucer View Post

That's a joke right? If only rogues had something that could put a healing debuff on a cleric, or any stuns/silence/interrupts.

If you want to kill clerics, pick a better spec. The healing debuff alone (well, and not being terrible) will allow you to take out a healing cleric. Mix it in with some stun-locking and you've got a good chance at taking down an Inq spec cleric as well. If you're trying to take out a Justicar, why bother?
    Fugs of Sacred Legion [Reclaimer]
    http://www.sacredlegion.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast