+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please give us a Plant Druid Soul for Clerics

Default Please give us a Plant Druid Soul for Clerics

Please make a Druid soul which is all plant oriented. Instead of an animal path give us a Plant path please.
    Make it interesting. Forget about the traditional HoT and DD. Make it balanced between PB AE Debuf and PB AE DoT !!!
    A vicious druid which can melee range as a plant - PB AE debuf and PB AE DoT. With vines and poison and roots. Wow that just makes me all excited.
    I will be more than happy to help you design it if you want too - for free - err well for a place in beta ;) [has exp as software functional designer - am a senior director of design atm with some enterprise software company]
    Last edited by Werewood; 07-28-2010 at 11:00 AM.

that would probably be the only Healing class that i would play
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Since I am all excited atm and have a break here goes some more ...
    As a cleric the PB AoE debuf should be the strongest area for the class.
    Heals should be still HoT but weak and not the main agenda.
    PB AoE DoT and DD should be medium to strong.

The Druid looks like the race that she is but while casting its appearance changes slowly.
    E.g. roots means really rooting herself. It should be visible. She can undo it but then it has mana/energy cost. Then the roots can be extended. Then they can be used to hold, knock, or even grow small flowers which can in turn release a small cloud of gas that can get the opponent sleepy/less concentrated or poison it. So many option! But the visuals are added slowly as the situation evolves. And the spells have a build-up nature too.
    Another example with a diff line of spells - brunches may spring from the caster for more melee.
    Or vines that strangle the enemy. Where at the peak of the battle - the caster may actually resemble some plant like creature with all of the extensions springing out of her.

Hehe I was all ecited when you stared this thread. I would love to see a plant based druid. As far as all the offensive stuff I dont really care which way it goes although I would say poison would probably be the direction I would go. However what is more important to me would be the style of healing. I enjoy hots and think it works well with plants, group and ae healing vs single target. Things like calling flowers and roots from the ground to spread healing or poison, to cc/stun and to protect.

That sounds awesome! Would be really cool if they implemented that.
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

Sign these petitions: Halo Reach for PC | Legend of the Seeker season 3 (tv show)

I will take it as a mini project and go on with additional suggestions to my above two posts on this thread.

Strong PB (long radius) AoE Debuf
    Medium PB AoE HoT
    Medium PB AoE DoT
    Medium PB AoE Melee

Line of abilities:
    (1) Roots (caster cant move but has extra damage stats) --> (2) Extend Roots (has AoE Slow effect) -->
    --> (3) Grasp (actually rooting AoE)
    --> (3) Knock (AoE)
    --> (3) Blowing Spore - Sleep (AoE) ... and /or any other effect to the blowing spore like reduce accuracy.

(1) Roots --> (2) Earth Sustenance (self HoT)

(1) Roots --> (2) Bark Skin (Self AC boost) -->
    --> (3) Branches (Extra Melee DPS)
    --> (3) Leaves [whether on Bark or Branches] (Self Mana over Time)
    --> (3) Strangling Vines (AoE DoT)
    --> (3) Blowing Flowers (AoE poison DoT)
    --> (3) Thorns (damage to attacker when hit)
    --> (3) Stomp (passive or even targeting before you die; when the Druid die - falling and hitting the enemy)

More to come ...
    Last edited by Werewood; 07-29-2010 at 11:19 AM.

The class as you describe it seems very cool, but much more a mage than a cleric in its focus.

May be. If the designers might really be interested in this concept - they can definitely work it out to be Mage or Cleric based on their requirements.
    I will keep on evolving the list of ability chains for the fun of it on this thread - and in case a designer may show interest - which is usually a long shot with such forums - we can move it elsewhere later on.

^^^ adding to my post above ...

Before continuing with the ability chains - there are two facets to the abilities that need to be added later on. Vulnerability such as for fire with the Bark line. And the way by which effects can be negated - like cutting the DoT vines. Moreover, when there is no earth below the Druid, certain penalties should apply - but they shouldn't be major.

More abilities:
    So far all chains started with Roots having the caster act like a Tree. Lets move on to other opening skills which have no chains.
    (1) Bush Growth - adding plant like obstacles for NPCs, blocking their way and/or slowing for a certain amount of time.
    (1) Exploding Spore - like placing a mine with a timer or based on trigger/stepping on it. Placing a few of them around the area. Various possible affects are possible like DD, DoT, Knock, ...
    (1) Fruits - growing fruit on environment plants. Allowing others to take them off and use for heal, buf or any other beneficial effect
    (1) Plant Spirit - movement skill which puts the caster in spirit mode INSIDE an environment plant - allowing to move rapidly distances between plants in the area. Can't do anything but move in that mode.

Next post is going to introduce another long ability chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewood View Post

Before continuing with the ability chains - there are two facets to the abilities that need to be added later on. Vulnerability such as for fire with the Bark line. And the way by which effects can be negated - like cutting the DoT vines. Moreover, when there is no earth below the Druid, certain penalties should apply - but they shouldn't be major.

More abilities:
    So far all chains started with Roots having the caster act like a Tree. Lets move on to other opening skills which have no chains.
    (1) Bush Growth - adding plant like obstacles for NPCs, blocking their way and/or slowing for a certain amount of time.
    (1) Exploding Spore - like placing a mine with a timer or based on trigger/stepping on it. Placing a few of them around the area. Various possible affects are possible like DD, DoT, Knock, ...
    (1) Fruits - growing fruit on environment plants. Allowing others to take them off and use for heal, buf or any other beneficial effect
    (1) Plant Spirit - movement skill which puts the caster in spirit mode INSIDE an environment plant - allowing to move rapidly distances between plants in the area. Can't do anything but move in that mode.

Some creative ideas here. I think having buffs as fruit on environmental plants is much more immersive than just buffing someone, or summoning a fruit and handing it to them, though you might be in trouble in a dungeon setting.

I also like the Bush Growth, which is more interesting than roots grabbing the mobs feet like we've seen in just about every game.

Nooo i want my rift version of a moonkin.

Really great and unique ideas!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

I would wish that if they did do this, they would have some sort of HoT. It's such a great type of skill to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewood View Post

More abilities:

You obviously have had experiance in doing this, great ideas and would love to see Trion implement them into the game.

Smile Seed mechanic ?

Hey, just read this thread an i'm really into all the plant lore behind the class.

I was thinking a fun and interesting combat mechanic could be a range of seeds that you place on a target. At first they have no visible effect, but tick down and trigger either upon the characters death, or after a set time. I.E. after ten seconds or the enemies death, said seed would explode affecting the carrier and all enemies within a certain AOE radius.

I was thinking these could include offensive abilities from AOE DOTs to much more devastating abilities like AOE incoming heal debuffs, which would obviously require the player to invest more heavily into the soul.

There's also ample space for friendly abilities within this mechanic - I.E. the druid could plant a seed of germination, or something suitably plant-ish that meant the friendly target to self resurrect within the duration of the buff. I'd imagine this could be used well during team wipe situations and would be very nice in pvp.

But overall the idea is that, offensively, the druid could penetrate enemy lines by planting abilities onto enemies that trigger later on when, hopefully, the enemy player retreats back to his team mates. It's definitely more pvp ortientated m'thinks.

I could imagine an incoming heal debuff of that nature to be particularly tasty and extremely useful for team pvp - would need to be carefully balanced, or cleansable ofcourse.

What do you guys think ?

(woo my first post)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast