+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: You guys finally got your Dev responses, Now What?

Telaran

Default You guys finally got your Dev responses, Now What?

If you read this list below and are honestly trying to play the game the way devs intended yet are still struggling, then YOUR feedback is the only feedback the Devs care about. All the rest is QQ.

-They do care about PvP but they are focusing on PvE right now
    Is anybody really shocked about this? I hope not.
    -They are going to add a dungeon finder and it's not cross-server (interview)
    I can't even imagine why people were debating this for so long.
    -The devs like the position Mages are in, but GoS itself is being looked at
    Okay GoS nerf is on the table but don't expect a complete reversal of 1.1 patch people
    -They want players to use multiple souls not just the dps Souls (game design)
    They didn't say this officially but it's literally written in the game's design code itself. This part really needs to be emphasized as it would solve a lot of the issues players have been having in both PvP and PvE.

Anyway you guys want to bash developers and threaten to quit like spoiled employees who aren't getting their Starbucks coffee. A Dev isn't going to tell you to go work/play somewhere else because they don't want you to quit, and neither does the community. Just at least understand their intentions, and try to play the game their way first. No this game is not WoW, Everquest, DAoC, or Warhammer, it's Rift and the game has different mechanics, so do what good players do, and use them to your advantage. Bad players are going to QQ and will always QQ, because they will never learn to play.
    Last edited by Bigbadwolf; 04-14-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf View Post
    Bad players are going to QQ and will always QQ, because they will never learn to play.

Getting 2 shot is a learn to play issue..?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Armagorend View Post
    Getting 2 shot is a learn to play issue..?
    I have 5k hp with full t2 gear, pvp gear gives me less hp

Fulminate does more then 5k hp, so its 1 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf View Post
    -They want players to use multiple souls not just the dps Souls
    Not true at all. Otherwise, why would they continue to nerf tank souls. EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH.

On the contrary, they only want DPS souls to be used because in current PvP, it's not about thinking or strategy. It's about OMG BURST BIG NUMBERS LOL.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Not true at all. Otherwise, why would they continue to nerf tank souls. EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH.

On the contrary, they only want DPS souls to be used because in current PvP, it's not about thinking or strategy. It's about OMG BURST BIG NUMBERS LOL.
    This. Reaver and paladin nerfs were off the wall stupid, still not clear on what the reasoning was. Sure doesn't make those souls appealing, that's for sure.

now what?

now we wait, if rogues are still UP after the end of the next patch and pyros still are 1 shotting us and everyone else. the game will fail because only mages will exist. some ppl will wait another month to see if things change. but if the changes aren't good enough, they will not wait another month...

i play my rogue, i get my gear, because one day i hope to be able to do what everyone else is doing.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post

I think the pvp gear needs about a 20% boost in hp, and about 5% more damage reduction.

You can't have abilities critting for 2,3,4k, and have max hp at 5-6k. Although I have seen some bards with 8-9k hp somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    I think the pvp gear needs about a 20% boost in hp, and about 5% more damage reduction.

You can't have abilities critting for 2,3,4k, and have max hp at 5-6k. Although I have seen some bards with 8-9k hp somehow.
    As a defensive tank, I have 9k hps. I've had 50+% of my health taken away in one button press. Then 2 more 2k fireballs, etc etc. Dead.

There's no reason to play any defensive class in this game, I guess? PvP tanking? No?

Guess not.
    Traetor - 70 Rogue
    Dogmatic - 70 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by d4bidden View Post

Then you're wearing the PvP gear that's equivalent to T1 and not the higher ranked stuff.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post

im one of those bards. it's called t2 tank gear. bard abilities dont scale, so a naked bard does what a geared bard does barring weapons. so use 2 top dps weapons and full t2 toughness gear with all the endurance augments and viola. i sit around 7600hp without outside help, and there are many buffs that will raise it, especially if i have a pocket healer.

oh and that's a full pve bard, my pvp bard spec gets guardian phase which would put me over 9k hp with the same gear. and ppl say bards are squishy... they just dont know how to gear them lol.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    now what?

now we wait, if rogues are still UP after the end of the next patch and pyros still are 1 shotting us and everyone else. the game will fail because only mages will exist. some ppl will wait another month to see if things change. but if the changes aren't good enough, they will not wait another month...

i play my rogue, i get my gear, because one day i hope to be able to do what everyone else is doing.
    Well, if people are upset about balance after 1˝ month - they should really really try to get some patience. It's aburd and laughable to think that a game like this would be balanced this early.

im one of those bards. it's called t2 tank gear. bard abilities dont scale, so a naked bard does what a geared bard does barring weapons. so use 2 top dps weapons and full t2 toughness gear with all the endurance augments and viola. i sit around 7600hp without outside help, and there are many buffs that will raise it, especially if i have a pocket healer.

oh and that's a full pve bard, my pvp bard spec gets guardian phase which would put me over 9k hp with the same gear. and ppl say bards are squishy... they just dont know how to gear them lol.
    You're still squishy, you just take an extra 1-2 GCDs to kill.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

i´ll wait 1 more patch to check the balance status. If the result is not good i have 2 options:

- Reroll to mage / cleric
    - Leave the game.

I hope they balance the rogue to keep my main class up, but if not, i dont know what i'll do.

now what?

I've already given up on pvp completely and just embraced the game for what it is, a pve game. The balance is fairly decent in pve even if a lot of the fights are melee unfriendly.

As to pvp, even if they do start getting it somewhat balanced, it is still garbage. They need a complete redesign of warfronts, world pvp, pvp gear, and pvp souls. To accomplish this will take at least 6 months and by that time a new game will be out.

So just enjoy the pve which is pretty good and avoid the pvp which is garbage until the next game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    As to pvp, even if they do start getting it somewhat balanced, it is still garbage. They need a complete redesign of warfronts, world pvp, pvp gear, and pvp souls. To accomplish this will take at least 6 months and by that time a new game will be out.

So just enjoy the pve which is pretty good and avoid the pvp which is garbage until the next game comes out.
    This covers it.

/thread
    Traetor - 70 Rogue
    Dogmatic - 70 Primalist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast