+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Okay so you guys finally have your Dev answers, now what?

Telaran

Default Okay so you guys finally have your Dev answers, now what?

If you read this list below and are honestly trying to play the game the way devs intended yet still struggling, then YOUR feedback is the only feedback the Devs care about. All the rest is QQ.

-They do care about PvP but they are focusing on PvE right now
    Is anybody really shocked about this? I hope not.
    -They are going to add a dungeon finder and it's not cross-server (interview)
    I can't even imagine why people were debating this for so long.
    -The devs like the position Mages are in, but GoS itself is being looked at
    Okay GoS nerf is on the table but don't expect a complete reversal of 1.1 patch people
    -They want players to use multiple souls not just the dps Souls (game design)
    They didn't say this officially but it's literally written in the game's design code itself. This part really needs to be emphasized as it would solve a lot of the issues players have been having in both PvP and PvE.

Anyway you guys want to bash developers and threaten to quit like spoiled employees because you aren't getting your Starbucks coffee. A dev isn't going to tell you to go work/play somewhere else because they don't want you to quit, and neither does the community. Just at least understand their intentions, and try to play the game their way first. No this game is not WoW, Everquest, DAoC, or Warhammer, it's Rift and the game has different mechanics, so do what good players do, and use them to your advantage. Bad players are going to QQ and will always QQ, because they will never learn to play.

It remains sickening how long it has taken to communicate these intentions and remains to be frustrating that we are not being included on the game's direction and goals. Communication is key to the success of any business, substituting proper communication with your customers for some ******** facebook updates is not on at all.

I haven't any problem with the game, I don't find beating pyros to be a massive achievement I just dislike how I'm in dark about scaling issues and the future of the game in general.

Plane Touched

Great post but sadly you are ttempting to use logic and common sense on the average forum poster..kinda like letting the monkeys control their own cage locks

Here's what Elrar said about GoS:

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar
    We're not saying GoS is bugged, but we are most certainly looking at it from a balance perspective.As always there is no guarantee that we will make a change to this ability or the Pyromancer soul - it's very important we avoid knee-jerk reactions and instead get a full-spectrum understanding of the issues brought to light on Live servers and how changes we're looking to make will impact that (for better or worse).It is very much spinning plates and subject to the butterfly effect - if we were going to significantly change Pyromancers/GoS we would say as much, but at this point we're still looking at all variables.Thanks!
    "it's very important we avoid knee-jerk reactions and instead get a full-spectrum understanding of the issues brought to light on Live servers and how changes we're looking to make will impact that"

Those words were an accurate description of what Trion did during alpha/beta. Since the game launched, it has been completely the opposite and gone from being one of the best things about this game to the worst.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Stupot View Post
    It remains sickening how long it has taken to communicate these intentions and remains to be frustrating that we are not being included on the game's direction and goals.
    I know, it's literally been 2 weeks. I imagine that can seem like a life time to someone from the "Now, Now, NOW, Nintendo generation", but in reality, it isn't, especially when they are taking FEEDBACK from the community and testing various suggestions.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    I know, it's literally been 2 weeks. I imagine that can seem like a life time to someone from the "Now, Now, NOW, Nintendo generation", but in reality, it isn't, especially when they are taking FEEDBACK from the community and testing various suggestions.
    Far far from the Nintendo generation but thank you for the empty insult.

As previously mentioned communication is the key, unfortunatey this FEEDBACK was provided to them months ago when people like myself filled in hundreds of feedback forms via beta, identified hundreds of bugs within the game and notified the devs of errors within the scaling systems - yet little/nothing was done.

Whilst I appreciate YOU think this game has been under testing for 2 weeks, in reality it is alot longer. The testers have just changed from patient, calm and understanding to pissed off, ignored and impatient, you also have the nublets on the forums jumping into the fray now to piss on everything.

+ Reply to Thread