+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some things need to be said.

Default Some things need to be said.

Every single time I write a little post with some insight it ends up disappearing amongst the piles of crap threads because there is little ability to refute what I'm saying.

Anyways. Here are a couple things that need to be addressed since the community has been a little ridiculous lately.

--------------------

Let me begin by saying that comparing Rift to other games is fine, EXCEPT when you compare Rift to the state of another game as it existed six years ago. It is now 2011 and releasing a product that resembles a game shipped out six years ago is just terrible.

"Hey Sean. The balance in Ninja Knights 2 sucks, but I like the graphics. What do you think of the game?

The proper response to this question would be...?

A) "Mark. You're an idiot. Don't you remember when Battle Samurai released 6 years ago? It's practically the same thing!"

B) "You're right, Mark. I'm a big fan of Ninja Knights 2, but the balance needs to be addressed. I've come to expect new and better features through the years."

--------------------

Next up. PvP players are just as entitled to enjoy this game as anyone else. In fact, Trion advertises PvP as being an integral part of the game. See link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIiraDqzQYU. You know what's worse than PvP players "crying" for balance? The even bigger whiners that try to shut them up.

"Hey Sean. I think Ninja Knights 2 would be way more cool if they addressed some balancing and added a couple features to the multi-player part of the game. What do you think?"

A) "You're absolutely right, Mark! A large portion of the Ninja Knights 2 players really seem to enjoy the multi-player. I don't see why they can't try to make everyone happy."

B) "Wow...do you fail at life or what? Go play something else. Clearly, you don't understand that this game is only for single-player mode. They said they were deleting the multi-player feature soon anyways."

--------------------

Elitests and you. I personally do not care if they incorporate/allow any addons. I also do not care what spec a stranger uses. However, I do care if my current teammate can't get out of the fire or brings absolutely nothing valuable to the table.

Playing a certain spec because you enjoy it more than the current "cookie cutter" spec is one step away from being a roleplayer. Am I judging you? Absolutely not. Have fun with your spec. I endorse it and I wish there were no "cookie cutter" specs to begin with, but that is simply not the case. I don't like having your crappy build shoved down my throat in an instance the same way you wouldn't want a roleplayer to refuse to fight the last boss because he had a change of heart.

Separate yourself from the elitests and play your game the way you want and I'll play mine.

"Hey Sean. Want to go play some Ninja Knights 2! I'm ready to kick some butt."

A) "Hang on a second. I need to grab my eye patch. I want to pretend that my character suffered a horrible accident and is blind in his right eye. Do you mind if I only use my knife this time?"

B) "Let's do it. I'm going to use my M16 with an ACOG. Derek is coming over later to play though. He's going to play with double eye patches this time. Want to join?"

- - - - - - - - -

That's all I'll be ranting about today. I hope this enlightened some people. The attitude towards other players on these forums really needs to improve.
    Last edited by WarTornPanda; 04-14-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

1) A
    2) B
    3) A

I hope this gets graded on a curve

Shield of Telara

I agree 100%.

When I came back to playing MMO's again after a fairly long time, it was kind of a shock with the new game language and how people treated others both in game and on the forums.

But hey, that must be the youth of today?

I don't see why people need to respond with insults, bad attitudes and so on to a simple question or even a suggestion.. Heck, don't even do it if someone is having a whine about overpowered classes.

Flaming just promotes more flaming and it gets worse. It's never constructive and is, to be perfectly honest, probably why less people even write suggestions or anything on forums now days. Meaning, I guess they scared or worried about being flamed down or insulted and made a fool of by the "cool" kids group.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks mate. I'm glad there a couple rational people left on the forums.

+ Reply to Thread