+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Warrior was immune to knockback for an entire fight

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Jesstival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default Warrior was immune to knockback for an entire fight

    I was a Warden-specced Cleric and trying to use the knockback to push a Warrior into packs of mobs or off a cliff. This wonderful plan, which would have worked too, if not for some meddling immunity.

    See, this warrior was immune to my knockback every single time. This was a 1v1 fight, no mobs had aggro'd and he was not in combat when the fight started. I used at least four of my knockback cooldowns and each one of them was immune.

    I finally got bored and killed him, but I'd like to know what made him immune to knockback for so long. I'm afraid if I post in the Warrior subforums those jerks will refuse to tell me, so I'm hoping a Rogue or Mage will spill the beans for me.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    An ability.

  3. #3
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    paragon have "way of the mountain "wich is immunity to knowck back.

    anwyay after u got boring u killed him ,lol what a balanced class u pllay as a cleric .I hope you will be nerfed soon
    Last edited by Cyborg; 04-14-2011 at 02:06 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Swedenn
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Paragon sucks, why do you complain?
    Run in with a paragon. Hit for 200, 3 times, then die. That's how black garden looks like.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstival View Post
    I was a Warden-specced Cleric and trying to use the knockback to push a Warrior into packs of mobs or off a cliff. This wonderful plan, which would have worked too, if not for some meddling immunity.

    See, this warrior was immune to my knockback every single time. This was a 1v1 fight, no mobs had aggro'd and he was not in combat when the fight started. I used at least four of my knockback cooldowns and each one of them was immune.

    I finally got bored and killed him, but I'd like to know what made him immune to knockback for so long. I'm afraid if I post in the Warrior subforums those jerks will refuse to tell me, so I'm hoping a Rogue or Mage will spill the beans for me.

    Thanks!
    The only jerk around here is you. Why do clerics expect to be pampered in every game they play? Unreal.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Clerics pampered in every game they play.. Hmm.. Don't think so. Let me guess, you are a warrior whiner?

    He was just explaining the situation and asking for information regarding it, no need to be a "jerk" yourself. If you don't wanna reply with a helpful response or at least one properly related to the topic then don't bother.

    Way of the Mountain is the ability as someone above posted. In Paragon spec 20 points in.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 04-14-2011 at 03:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Jesstival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    paragon have "way of the mountain "wich is immunity to knowck back.

    anwyay after u got boring u killed him ,lol what a balanced class u pllay as a cleric .I hope you will be nerfed soon
    Healers are nearly impossible to kill in any game 1v1, that can't be nerfed without removing healing. As a Warden I also lack any ability to pursue a guy who wants to escape me, either. All that Paragon needs to do is apply his 70% snare (which I know he had because he used it on me) and run away. My silence and my knockback won't do me any good.

    Anyway, this isn't about being overpowered or not. The guy could have easily escaped, his death was his own choice. If you get killed by a healer 1v1 you're doing it wrong to begin with. You might not kill them, but there is no excuse to die once you've realized you're hitting a healer.

    Edit: THank you to those who gave me the answer. Knowledge is half the battle!
    Last edited by Jesstival; 04-14-2011 at 03:15 AM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker WarTornPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    1v1 will never going to be balanced when only certain classes can heal.

    Get.
    Over.
    It.

  9. #9
    Champion Stupot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Perhaps you should stop ****ing about and instead of moving the warrior on and forcing him to attack others you should just kill him in the first place? The knockoff abilities should ideally be used for casters as it's funnier anyway, L2Thunderstorm.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Jesstival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stupot View Post
    Perhaps you should stop ****ing about and instead of moving the warrior on and forcing him to attack others you should just kill him in the first place? The knockoff abilities should ideally be used for casters as it's funnier anyway, L2Thunderstorm.
    When I encounter people in the world my goal is not to kill them cleanly. I want to make them eat soul damage, and the only way to do that is get them mob aggro before they die. Alternatively, forcing them to chase me around a tree and then launching them is also quite humorous.

    Killing in the first place is good in Warfronts, as there's a specified goal to achieve. But in the open world anything goes!

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azlidax View Post
    The only jerk around here is you. Why do clerics expect to be pampered in every game they play? Unreal.
    im not a rocket scientist but could of sworn he was simply asking what prevented his knockbacks. sounds to me like you are one of the jerks he was talking about.

  12. #12
    Rift Master Kor Phaeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    anwyay after u got boring u killed him ,lol what a balanced class u pllay as a cleric .I hope you will be nerfed soon
    let me guess, you are one of those idiots that when speccing his soul look only looks at the damage of the skills, and doesnt spec in ANY CC because those have low damage.

    you fully deserve to lose against all clerics. because you are a total moron.
    keep pewpewpewing
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 04-14-2011 at 04:40 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstival View Post
    I was a Warden-specced Cleric and trying to use the knockback to push a Warrior into packs of mobs or off a cliff. This wonderful plan, which would have worked too, if not for some meddling immunity.

    See, this warrior was immune to my knockback every single time. This was a 1v1 fight, no mobs had aggro'd and he was not in combat when the fight started. I used at least four of my knockback cooldowns and each one of them was immune.

    I finally got bored and killed him, but I'd like to know what made him immune to knockback for so long. I'm afraid if I post in the Warrior subforums those jerks will refuse to tell me, so I'm hoping a Rogue or Mage will spill the beans for me.

    Thanks!

    Malix, read the second paragraph. The word Jerk was not originally used by me.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstival View Post
    All that Paragon needs to do is apply his 70% snare (which I know he had because he used it on me) and run away. My silence and my knockback won't do me any good.

    Edit: THank you to those who gave me the answer. Knowledge is half the battle!
    Reason I felt like removing these things from context is because you say Knowledge is half the battle, if so you should know that Paragon do not have a snare... It got a root, but no snare. So yeah most likely he was Para/Champ/x since Champ got a spamable snare.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Lockiszemode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    let me guess, you are one of those idiots that when speccing his soul look only looks at the damage of the skills, and doesnt spec in ANY CC because those have low damage.

    you fully deserve to lose against all clerics. because you are a total moron.
    keep pewpewpewing
    lol, u can't beat a good cleric in 1v1 unless you are a cleric. All the CC in the world wont stop him from healing the moment it breaks.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts