+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Give us a clue when 1.2 or the blanace fixes will happen

Shield of Telara

Default Give us a clue when 1.2 or the blanace fixes will happen

honestly.. i do not want to pay for another month of the game if you guys are not gonna fix the gross balance issues that are currently in game... i personally don't give a damn about more content when the game play for rogues is as weak as it is right now.

Everyone says wait for the next patch... but renewal is just north of 2 weeks away and the devs have not uttered a word about changes other then "we know GoS is op but that doesn't mean we will change it" and "We know rogues are under performing and are looking into it"

Ignoring the community and keeping them int he dark is not how you keep people playing the game they pay for
    Last edited by Jekyll03; 04-13-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    Everyone says wait for the next patch... but renewal is just north of 2 weeks away and the devs have not uttered a word about changes other then "we know GoS is op but that doesn't mean we will change it" and "We know rogues are under performing and are looking into it"

Ignoring the community and keeping them int he dark is not how you keep people playing the game they pay for
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?163164-Gersh_Trion-Tooltip-amp-Ability-Bugs-in-April-12th-Hotfix

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?163219-Elrar-Request-Dev-response-on-PvP-content.

Those are the two posts you're referencing, right? The two posts where they did exactly what you're complaining they don't do by outlining their future plans?

Seriously, what are you expecting? That they're just going to hook up a streaming webcam in their offices so you can look in on them 24 hours a day to make sure they're taking your class balance concerns seriously? How can you read posts like that and then gripe that they've "not uttered a word," or are "ignoring you and keeping you in the dark?" They're not going to release super-tentative patch notes that aren't even ready for the test server yet because that would just be confusing to players who don't monitor the forums constantly.
    Last edited by Vaidency; 04-13-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Telaran

Actually keeping people in the dark is how you get the people interested in the game's direction and look for answers on the forum to quit. There are still plenty of people who play the game and don't even bother to ever look at the forums for anything. If they like it, they keep playing. If they don't they stop.

Unfortunately for me, i fall into that first category and am really doubting my subscription will remain much longer. The game is still a bit fun but it's quickly becoming a stale wow clone with worse balance. Some interaction with the developers would be nice, and hearing what kind of balance direction they want to take this could keep me playing.

Soulwalker

I think the game has done well compared to other mmos

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by FearAlice View Post
    Actually keeping people in the dark is how you get the people interested in the game's direction and look for answers on the forum to quit. There are still plenty of people who play the game and don't even bother to ever look at the forums for anything. If they like it, they keep playing. If they don't they stop.

Unfortunately for me, i fall into that first category and am really doubting my subscription will remain much longer. The game is still a bit fun but it's quickly becoming a stale wow clone with worse balance. Some interaction with the developers would be nice, and hearing what kind of balance direction they want to take this could keep me playing.
    Your expectations are out of line. This is a launch title. Its going to have bugs and imbalance issues. People are dillusional or just don't understand on new games grow if you think after a month the game will be proper balance. First they QQ about devs making knee jerk reactions and now they QQ because the devs aren't posting every little idea that they may try to put into the game. I wouldnt expect to hear anything on 1.2 until after the 24th or so.

Listen to the recent podcast they do a good job of explaining what they can and cannot say on the forums.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    Your expectations are out of line. This is a launch title. Its going to have bugs and imbalance issues. People are dillusional or just don't understand on new games grow if you think after a month the game will be proper balance. First they QQ about devs making knee jerk reactions and now they QQ because the devs aren't posting every little idea that they may try to put into the game. I wouldnt expect to hear anything on 1.2 until after the 24th or so.

Listen to the recent podcast they do a good job of explaining what they can and cannot say on the forums.
    no but when mages were getting craped on they were quick to fix them... now they are on top and Garsh seems to be in his happy place just like he was with warhammer...

we are not talking small balance issue... there are some major problems right now with rogues and mages... Mages are stupid OP in PvP and EVERYONE but mages seem to know it... rogues are lacking in every single aspect of the game... they are doing so poorly now that rogue loot is better for DPS warriors then it is for rogues... If you think that is ok to be happening then you really must love the rose colored glasses...

Yes its a launch game, but its got to compete with the other things out there. No matter what your view is WoW is the big kid on the block and if it cannot compete with wow how it sits today then rift will have a very short life.

and FYI its not out of line to expect a "completed" game that sits on the shelves for people to buy and play to work proprly and not have major issues with it. Sorry but the time for irons out the big screw ups is in beta not in live... live is for adding additional content and SMALL tweaks, not sweeping classes changes that render many souls completely worthless
    Last edited by Jekyll03; 04-14-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    EVERYONE but mages seem to know it
    Oh they know it too and believe it or not a lot of them wants it nerfed because it ruins their playstyle.

I'll quote my guildie who plays a mage.

'%$% pyro is sooo OP. I need to go pyro to just to counter the 3 other pyros in the game '

He said this as he switched roles from stormcaller to pyro in Black garden.
    Last edited by Vaine; 04-14-2011 at 01:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread