+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear Trion, nice video.

Telaran

Default Dear Trion, nice video.

I am of course talking about: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...The-Rogue.html

I would like to know what gear your GM was using...

Also, thank you for proving that the pet reliant ranger is useless, the infiltrator is useless, and that the rogue can only do three things;

1) Support a tank.
    2) Grab a point and run away as fast as possible.
    3) Kill a few NPC's at level 50 with max gear.

Pay your art and public relations department a little less, and your development department a little more.
    Last edited by Sloshed; 04-13-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshed View Post
    I am of course talking about: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...The-Rogue.html

I would like to know what gear your GM was using...

Also, thank you for proving that the pet reliant ranger is useless, the infiltrator is useless, and that the rogue can only do three things;

1) Support a tank.
    2) Grab a point and run away as fast as possible.
    3) Kill a few NPC's at level 50 with max gear.

Pay your art and public relations department a little less, and your development department a little more.
    Fake characters in fake situations performing fake tasks.

Developers didn't even have "test rogues" that they had ACTUALLY PLAYED FOR REAL to trot out.

You know how I know this?

No drinks on bar, no potions on bar, no Soul Recall on bar. Hot key setup is also absurd.

No way did anyone ever play these characters. They were conjured for the sole purpose of the video.

Look at the build in the beginning. But know that when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. The image of that build is seared into my mind now, and I can never forget it.

The person who made that build needs to be g-kicked. And I would g-kick anyone who made that build without blinking. No thought was put into it.
    Last edited by Themistocles; 04-13-2011 at 04:38 PM.

TELEPORTING SNIPERS. F*ck yeah.

I already see the "nerf op pyros" thread switching to "NERF TELEPORTING SNIPERS PLZ!"...or maybe not.

A random comment from the OP link:
    Paralyzing Strike + Puncture + Back Stab + Final Blow = Dead Pyromancer before he even knew what hit him.
    HAHA
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-13-2011 at 04:59 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

I'd like to be a teleporting sniper...

Though it's obvious that the video was made simply to be flashy. It isn't a realistic representation of the class at all.

Soulwalker

ye, those build are unplayble.

It's for people, who don't know the real situation in the game , "potential subscribers". We'l get more whiners to rogue sub-forum!
    Last edited by Kmoltkmolt; 04-13-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Shadowlander

isn't the 51 pt ability of the MM just teleport you in a random direction anyways? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Leemechee View Post
    isn't the 51 pt ability of the MM just teleport you in a random direction anyways? :s
    no, its a dmg pedestal
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-13-2011 at 05:16 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    Fake characters in fake situations performing fake tasks.

Developers didn't even have "test rogues" that they had ACTUALLY PLAYED FOR REAL to trot out.

You know how I know this?

No drinks on bar, no potions on bar, no Soul Recall on bar. Hot key setup is also absurd.

No way did anyone ever play these characters. They were conjured for the sole purpose of the video.

Look at the build in the beginning. But know that when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. The image of that build is seared into my mind now, and I can never forget it.

The person who made that build needs to be g-kicked. And I would g-kick anyone who made that build without blinking. No thought was put into it.
    You guys complain about the most insignificant things, you give MMO communities a bad name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Or just maybe the reason the Rogue is so fubar now is because those builds are what the Rogue devs/designers actually think they should be played with?
    Makes perfect sense no?

Lol hilarious video.

A level 50 "Death Dealer" barely being able to kill level 47 mobs. A "Teleporting Sniper" fighting in a Warfront where both teams are 1v1 auto attacking each other. My favorite part was how she warped to the fang because in reality you dont move at all when trying to warp to a lower elevation, you basically just hit an invisible wall.

I Write Junk - TheStarvingGamer.com

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Haterade View Post
    Lol hilarious video.

A level 50 "Death Dealer" barely being able to kill level 47 mobs. A "Teleporting Sniper" fighting in a Warfront where both teams are 1v1 auto attacking each other. My favorite part was how she warped to the fang because in reality you dont move at all when trying to warp to a lower elevation, you basically just hit an invisible wall.
    Actually, on stairs like that, it works just fine (sometimes). But yeah, the video is pretty much a total setup, and the builds are junk.

Telaran

Don't get me wrong, I -HOPE- that the people in charge of balancing are paying attention to the fact that it's become a mage/cleric game lest "ye be pwned"... but the video was an obvious response to the outburst of the massive rogue ganking since the release of the game.

I realize in alpha, and beta we were WAY over powered... AMAZINGLY over powered... but now? I'd love to say we were sand paper... but at least sand paper hurts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshed View Post
    I realize in alpha, and beta we were WAY over powered... AMAZINGLY over powered... but now? I'd love to say we were sand paper... but at least sand paper hurts.

You need to keep in mind that numbers have not changed dramatically since the end of beta, the main change from beta is that people are now level 50, with appropriate gear, running optimised soul builds for what they are trying to do.

I originally rolled a mage and changed to rogue after rerolling on a different server with friends, i've had a good go with the levelling experiences of both classes, and there are some clear advantages rogues have in the lower levels. I recall at about lv44 on the rogue repeatedly ganking lv50 mages in world pvp and thinking at the time how horrible the class matchup must be. Now i'm more experienced i realise the problem wasn't the matchup, it was that people were running garbage PVE grinding specs and didn't have a clue what they were doing.

I'm sure if i had been attacking these mages as a TELEPORTING SNIPER the fight would have been much more even, and class balance would have seemed completely peachy.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Teoh View Post
    You need to keep in mind that numbers have not changed dramatically since the end of beta
    If you read, I said since alpha, and beta. Not the end of beta. Alpha, and beta pertaining to the time frame between alpha, and the end of beta.

Example... two words; Serrated Blades.

How dare trion make a video that isn't 100% ingame footage of a purely educational nature. 5 minutes should be devoted to watching someone craft items!!!!!!"ne!

+ Reply to Thread