+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riftblade being a warrior? no way

Telaran

Default Riftblade being a warrior? no way

Recently I was doing some warfronts and some world pvp and I cant express myself enough on how riftblades bother me. I mean in which way is a riftblade a warrior??? I have read thousands of fantasy books and played many mmo s but in neither of them there never was a "caster" warrior. I am really into fantasy stuff so that is probably why it bothers me so much

Warrior should be the hard tough melee badass, tank the dungeons or rip to tears his enemies with his 2h. I just simply hate the idea of a warrior casting some bolts and kiting people around, I also kinda feel like he is perhaps the best dps dealer of all warrior callings, specially after champions got nerfed I see more and more riftblades around.

I hope you get my idea and perhaps share my thought as warriors are, and always have been melees, not some freakish caster mutations, warrior casting spells is just wrong imo.

Yes, warriors throwing spears are completely unheard of!
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Riftblades are ranged/melee hybrids. Anyone playing a Riftblade fully ranged is playing badly.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Rift blades, killing you from ranged? are you sure you don't just need to L2P? (and the riftblade needs to L2P aswell if he's only playing ranged)

Besides, magical warriors are not unheard of, enough games and even story's have had classes/characters that used both the blade and the arcane.
    Last edited by Izithel; 04-13-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

FFV Sorcerers ruled.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nebhatesyou View Post
    Riftblades are ranged/melee hybrids. Anyone playing a Riftblade fully ranged is playing badly.
    Well even that bothers me, why would a warrior be range-like in any way, the idea is simply wrong. I mean I am fully into the general warrior idea, charge into the fight and pop out all the stuff i got, not standing behind throwing some crap-like spells into the crowd, thats not a way for a warrior to be

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Izithel View Post
    Rift blades, killing you from ranged? are you sure you don't just need to L2P? (and the riftblade needs to L2P aswell if he's only playing ranged)

Besides, magical warriors are not unheard of, enough games and even story's have had classes/characters that used both the blade and the arcane.
    I am not bother being killed at all, it is the general idea of a riftblade not being the regular "warrior" as I would like it, I like to RP as well and I just would feel terrible call myself a warrior while playing riftblade

Quote Originally Posted by Locthar View Post
    Well even that bothers me, why would a warrior be range-like in any way, the idea is simply wrong. I mean I am fully into the general warrior idea, charge into the fight and pop out all the stuff i got, not standing behind throwing some crap-like spells into the crowd, thats not a way for a warrior to be
    You've never heard of a javelin or throwing spear?

Plenty of fantasy warriors use ranged weapons/attacks. Throwing axes, hammers, daggers etc.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Been done before, DaoC had Thanes.

What do you think of reavers spreading plagues all over the place?
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Telaran

Recently I was doing some warfronts and some world pvp and I cant express myself enough on how riftblades bother me. I mean in which way is a riftblade a warrior??? I have read thousands of fantasy books and played many mmo s but in neither of them there never was a "caster" warrior. I am really into fantasy stuff so that is probably why it bothers me so much

Warrior should be the hard tough melee badass, tank the dungeons or rip to tears his enemies with his 2h. I just simply hate the idea of a warrior casting some bolts and kiting people around, I also kinda feel like he is perhaps the best dps dealer of all warrior callings, specially after champions got nerfed I see more and more riftblades around.

I hope you get my idea and perhaps share my thought as warriors are, and always have been melees, not some freakish caster mutations, warrior casting spells is just wrong imo.
    You need to read more books.

i love the idea of riftblade, even if i dont play it that much...

its basically the idea of what "battle mages" were all throughout fantasy lore.
    except this time its in the hands of actual warriors... they can do ranged and non physical dmg too? not a new concept.

and if you feel its OPin this game? lol.
    if you feel it doesnt belong in a fantasy setting, also lol.
    #314051345 complaint thread about silly superficial things.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    What do you think of reavers spreading plagues all over the place?
    I am not familiar with reaver so far as I have not tried it yet, but would not probably bother me that much if it is at least done on melee range.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
    You need to read more books.
    I am quiet sure I have read more than the majority of the players.

Telaran

I am not familiar with reaver so far as I have not tried it yet, but would not probably bother me that much if it is at least done on melee range.
    So Melee-Caster-Warlock-Warriors are fine.

But Warriors who throw spears are a no-go.

I mean, Spartans and Roman Centurions didn't throw Javelins or anything.
    Last edited by Breyers; 04-13-2011 at 12:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast