+ Reply to Thread

Thread: exponential casting

Default exponential casting

I hope the mage, whatever his name is, will have a casting that I saw in VG and enjoyed : the exponentially damaging one :
    starts low, and increase a lot each time irt is cast on same mob, till some limit (15 times for example).
    Very very nice in raid, useless in groups against trash.
    The idea was great, managing agro was a problem that needed some training.
    Really fun, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Akebia View Post
    I hope the mage, whatever his name is, will have a casting that I saw in VG and enjoyed : the exponentially damaging one :
    starts low, and increase a lot each time irt is cast on same mob, till some limit (15 times for example).
    Really fun, IMO.
    I do agree that it is a rather nice mechanic and is nice to play with especially considering developers have said in the past that there might be souls with more use in for example Raid. In such cases these sort of abilities can work quite well without resulting in people who focus on PVE to "miss" the usefullness of the spell since they wouldn't allocate the soul or not the specific box if they play group content mostly.

That beeing said I do hope it scales with + damage and not say 10% 20% 30% etc. since this would result in quite insane scaleability when you factor in gear, buffs and stats.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Really fun, IMO.
    Yes, this was/is a great feature of VG.
    But we don't know much about the skills itself in Rift, how they working ect. We have seen some rogue tree skills so far. So it could be in or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    I do agree that it is a rather nice mechanic and is nice to play with especially considering developers have said in the past that there might be souls with more use in for example Raid. In such cases these sort of abilities can work quite well without resulting in people who focus on PVE to "miss" the usefullness of the spell since they wouldn't allocate the soul or not the specific box if they play group content mostly.

That beeing said I do hope it scales with + damage and not say 10% 20% 30% etc. since this would result in quite insane scaleability when you factor in gear, buffs and stats.

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    In VG my caster could break 70k on the 12th and final cast if it crit, first shot was like 1200.

I'm ambivalent to these kindof skills, since this could lead to dividing raid-viable talents with solo/pvp-viable talents and thus funneling players' specs.

If you have some different souls available, seems correct that you take some for raids (high damages on long fights) and others for groups and 3d choice for PVP.

If you have some different souls available, seems correct that you take some for raids (high damages on long fights) and others for groups and 3d choice for PVP.
    Yes you have different souls, but remember your spec is 51 points in 3 chosen souls. I think there will be problems if you can always respec yourself by switching the points around and even worse, switching out 1-3 souls and reallocating points. Hello cookie-cutter 4 class game. (Well, it could be that bad, but I'm sure they will put restrictions on respeccing too much)

I like the EQ2 idea of having a thing (a mirror in EQ) that can backup one of your spec... then you can always go back home and switch. Of course no way to do that during a raid !

+ Reply to Thread