+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: GoS changed to MM pedastel

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default GoS changed to MM pedastel

    Wouldn't that be something? This is pvP related since both souls seem to be pvp oriented.

    I'm curious how a 44 root talent clobbers the he'll out of a 51 root talent.

    Yes I know rogues =\= mages. But does a 44 point pyro have that much less survivability than a 51 point MM when they are BOTH rooted to one spot? I don't think so.

    I'm thinking CC immunity and 30% less damage taken as well as 30% proc stun (10% would be powerful, 30 is... Wow) let's you stay in that spot to deal damage. A non mobile MM is a dead MM.

    Would mages be up in arms if their GoS got turned into 30% more damage?
    If you would be upset can you then see why so many rogues think the entire idea of an ability that roots a mobile tree to be out of theme and not well thought out?

    If 30% damage isn't good enough for pyros To stick around and do their job why is it for MM?

    If you think GoS is fine then you wouldn't be opposed to MM getting one right? They couldnt use many of their skills if they got melee on them without moving out of the circle.
    Last edited by Platonius; 04-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    actually yes, it would be incredibly funny if MM's were forced to use cloth armor with only 1 escape move (no speed boosts) and whenever a melee stepped into their circle of +30% DR they had to step out because of the minimum range and then get insta-stomped

    if you take away GoS, pyro's have nothing on MM rogues... less armor, less HP, less escape moves, no run speed buff, less range, and have to stand still to dps


    i agree it needs to be nerfed but its not as IMBA as people think when you consider a pyro without GoS



    also i would like to refer you to this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...rbole-permaban

    maybe take own advice?
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 04-13-2011 at 10:54 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    marksmen have max cast times of 1.5s and thats only on like 3 abilities (with an ability that lets them bypass cast times for 15s), they also outrange pyros, and have faster movement speed with about the same number of escape tools. their ability to deal damage is less linked to standing still

    the pedastals seem tailored for pve more than pvp, but it does seem kinda lame that the 51 point ability is just a stronger 18 point ability.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    actually yes, it would be incredibly funny if MM's were forced to use cloth armor with only 1 escape move (no speed boosts) and whenever a melee stepped into their circle of +30% DR they had to step out because of the minimum range and then get insta-stomped

    if you take away GoS, pyro's have nothing on MM rogues... less armor, less HP, less escape moves, no run speed buff, less range, and have to stand still to dps


    i agree it needs to be nerfed but its not as IMBA as people think when you consider a pyro without GoS



    also i would like to refer you to this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...rbole-permaban

    maybe take own advice?
    blah blah blah i'm a mage... that's all i heard.

    also swift shot and rapid fire shot work in melee, and you get to chain cooldowns to allow normal abilities to work in melee. switch out sniper pedestal for ground of strength for a week and see how happy rogues will be during that week!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    actually yes, it would be incredibly funny if MM's were forced to use cloth armor with only 1 escape move (no speed boosts) and whenever a melee stepped into their circle of +30% DR they had to step out because of the minimum range and then get insta-stomped

    if you take away GoS, pyro's have nothing on MM rogues... less armor, less HP, less escape moves, no run speed buff, less range, and have to stand still to dps


    i agree it needs to be nerfed but its not as IMBA as people think when you consider a pyro without GoS



    also i would like to refer you to this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...rbole-permaban

    maybe take own advice?
    You are a funny guy.

    How about the fact that they have fire damage, and thus have basically no mitigation of their damage?

    How about the fact that pyros benefit more from SP than rogues from AP so the power difference between a mage with the power-ball is and rogue with the power-ball is even more absurd?

    How about the fact that pyros do not suffer from energy-starvation like rogues? But can keep attacking at full power until they run out of mana(many minutes)?

    How about the fact that even when pyros do, eventually, run out of mana they can then immediately restore it using any number of powers?

    How about the fact that pyros have the choice of many damage shields and damage resists, such as Bloom, Ice Shield, picking up their ground of power and turning it into a shield, that rogues cannot even begin to match?

    How about Transmogrify?

    Notice I haven't mentioned Fulminate, instant Cinder Burst, or Inferno?

    Oh, and Burning Bonds doesn't break on damage!

    HA! HA! HA! HA!
    Last edited by Themistocles; 04-13-2011 at 11:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    marksmen have max cast times of 1.5s and thats only on like 3 abilities (with an ability that lets them bypass cast times for 15s), they also outrange pyros, and have faster movement speed with about the same number of escape tools. their ability to deal damage is less linked to standing still
    Those "quick cast" abilities also do about 1/2 damage or less that of the mage abilities.

    Marks do not have anymore "break out" abilities than pyros either. They have one that breaks root, pyros get blink that does the same.


    Seriously, the justification drivel from pyros on GoS is ridiculous. If MMs had it you guys wouldn't even notice because their damage is still pathetically lower than mages.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    This entire conversation is null and void because you can sit at 31 meters and kill a pyro in his GoS while he can't shoot you.

    I don't think that's fair. I think it's OP. How come you can hit me and I can't hit you?

    NOT FAIR!..

    Wait, that is fair. You're able to 100% kill a pyro without him ever having the chance to hit you. And you're complaining?

    Seriously?

    Tell ya what. I'll give up 30% damage absorption for 5 extra meters on my spells.

    Edit: I'm curious how a 5 point talent COMPLETELY NULLIFIES an entire soul. Not fair. I am all QQ.
    Last edited by Ixath; 04-13-2011 at 12:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Vokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    This entire conversation is null and void because you can sit at 31 meters and kill a pyro in his GoS while he can't shoot you.

    I don't think that's fair. I think it's OP. How come you can hit me and I can't hit you?

    NOT FAIR!..

    Wait, that is fair. You're able to 100% kill a pyro without him ever having the chance to hit you. And you're complaining?

    Seriously?

    Tell ya what. I'll give up 30% damage absorption for 5 extra meters on my spells.

    Edit: I'm curious how a 5 point talent COMPLETELY NULLIFIES an entire soul. Not fair. I am all QQ.
    Pathetic excuse. So how about if you fought a Sab? Is that then unfair to him?
    486 DX2
    4MB RAM
    3.5 and 5 1/4 Floppy
    Voodoo Video Card
    14in monitor VGA 256k
    28.8 Modem

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vokan View Post
    Pathetic excuse. So how about if you fought a Sab? Is that then unfair to him?
    Original whine was about marksman vs pyro.

    I'd gladly give my 30% damage mitigation for 5 extra yards. God, would I ever.

    Please tell me why my reasoning is pathetic.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    This entire conversation is null and void because you can sit at 31 meters and kill a pyro in his GoS while he can't shoot you.

    I don't think that's fair. I think it's OP. How come you can hit me and I can't hit you?

    NOT FAIR!..

    Wait, that is fair. You're able to 100% kill a pyro without him ever having the chance to hit you. And you're complaining?

    Seriously?

    Tell ya what. I'll give up 30% damage absorption for 5 extra meters on my spells.

    Edit: I'm curious how a 5 point talent COMPLETELY NULLIFIES an entire soul. Not fair. I am all QQ.
    You are quite pathetic only justifying pyro's GoS weakness to being outranged by marksmen. Well guess what, the pyro that actually knows how to abuse his class will blink into range, pop heatweave, shoot a fulminate, or instant cinderburst then finish it with an inferno for good effect and then you got a scorched marksman with his 35 meter range dead. Learn to play pyro.
    Last edited by Reds; 04-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    You are quite pathetic only justifying pyro's GoS weakness to being outranged by marksmen. Well guess what, the pyro that actually knows how to abuse his class will blink into range, pop heatweave, shoot a fulminate, or instant cinderburst then finish it with an inferno for good effect and then you got a scorched marksman with his 35 meter range dead. Learn to play pyro.
    Wait what? Why would I heatwave and then fulminate and how would I instant cinderburst after heatwaving and fulminating? I mean... wouldn't.. Oh wait, you don't know what those skills actually do. You're just repeating words you've heard before and trying to make a point with them. Gotcha.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    Original whine was about marksman vs pyro.

    I'd gladly give my 30% damage mitigation for 5 extra yards. God, would I ever.

    Please tell me why my reasoning is pathetic.
    5 yards is 1 press on your W key...
    really its just one step man O.o
    just flicker 15 yards and pwn the MM in 1 spell.
    30 + 15 = 45
    45 > 35
    problem solved

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    5 yards is 1 press on your W key...
    really its just one step man O.o
    just flicker 15 yards and pwn the MM in 1 spell.
    30 + 15 = 45
    45 > 35
    problem solved
    The original post was talking about how both classes are rooted in one spot. My response was in reference to that. We're both rooted, but you can out range me and kill me..

    Also, in your version I can flicker and now I'm able to 1 shot somebody (keeping in mind that when I flicker I lose my only escape mechanism and CC break, and also leave my GoS which the whole point of this thread is) so now you're just saying pyros are OP in general and it has nothing to do with GoS?

    What's the real issue here then with pyros? Is it GoS that is OP? Is it our insta-1shot skill (which skill is this please because I haven't found it yet) or are you just on a bandwagon?

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara Ixath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    705

    Default

    As soon as I flicker you should cast Retreat. I gain 15, you gain 20. From there you can throw your insta-cast root (static shot) and you have 5 seconds to shoot me while i'm not within range (keep in mind my flicker is down so I can't get to you) and I cant shoot back because you're outside of my range. Then you can pop your quick reload and get another 5 seconds on me. If you can't kill a pyro in 10 seconds, you're just bad.

    I think you people are the same ones who complain about rogues only being able to do 300dps.

    You're not bad players, you're just bad at making effective builds.
    Last edited by Ixath; 04-13-2011 at 01:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts