Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heads up Mages. Trion admits GoS is bugged - Change coming

Default Heads up Mages. Trion admits GoS is bugged - Change coming

They are also looking at Pyros. You knew it was coming. Don't kill the messenger...

"Not at all, I'm simply stating that PvP will not always be on the top of our priority list as we make decisions for each patch. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't - just like every other feature of the game. It would be impossible for us to make consistent improvements across the board otherwise.And as far as hot-fixing balance changes - we avoid this whenever we can, these balance changes get thorough internal discussion and will often be put on Alpha to encourage players to check them out and provide feedback before they're released world-wide. The exception to this is bugs that give an unfair advantage or handicap a particular soul. With that said we are closely looking at Pyromancer's and Ground of Strength.Thanks!"

-Elrar
    Last edited by Steelwind; 04-13-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Shadowlander

they dont think its bugged, bugged means its doing something not intended. no where did he state the spell is having additional effects not intended, hes merely stating that they realize that GoS needs changing to bring it onpar with other souls abilities.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Avast View Post
    ...hes merely stating that they realize that GoS needs changing to bring it onpar with other souls abilities.
    He didn't say that either. He said they're watching it. That's it. It means neither good nor bad. All it means is they heard all the fuss and they're looking into it.

Don't correct someone for putting words in someone else's mouth and then turn around and do the same thing.

You mean one less thing for whiners to whine about if it is adjusted downwards. I hope they make a change soon, I wonder what will be whined about next.
    Last edited by Dharknite; 04-13-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

Next whine is locks doing tremendous amount of damage with their 100-140/ticks on their dots and clerics being unkillable.

Oh and that rogues dont do any damage now that sab is nerfed.

Ascendant

i usually top damage on my pve/pvp hybrid chloro/lock combo by tab dotting, dropping aoe, and otherwise putting out uselessly low amounts of fluff damage all over the place that are easily healed through by bards.

i probably also get top 3 healing from small fluff aoe heals that dont save anyone in a pinch, but make me look good.

Luckily for me, most people just go "awmagawd he did top damage and healz nurf" thinking that somehow <300 dps per target converts to dead players, and itll probably get pointlessly nerfed.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dharknite View Post
    I wonder what will be whined about next.
    Clerics.

You can quote me.

Rift Chaser

Reads like a typical non-answer meant to satiate people that whine too much. Oh look! It worked on the OP!
    1. Mages, meaning the calling, dont all have GoS
    2. Good pyros dont use it anywhere near as much as you think

So Mages and good Pyro won't care. But we all thank you for providing another spectacle to laugh at while stuck at work :-)

It's on their radar. Which most likely will result in some type of change. Same thing happened with Sabs and Warriors.

Heads up PYRO's. Trion admits GoS is bugged - Change coming...

Changed the title for you, not all mages care!
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabull View Post
    Heads up PYRO's. Trion admits GoS is bugged - Change coming...

Changed the title for you, not all mages care!
    I'm really sorry unfortunately this forum do not let you change post titles. But you are right.

What is GoS?

Clerics are not unkillable without nerfing their damage output to the point they can't burst anything down in a WF, sure i can get top damage by tab dotting as the enemy run in and the spamming Circle of Oblivion on top of the enemy, and yes keeping 3 targets dotted with vex heals me for 330 hp everytick and i can through out 6 instant cast heals when needed (healing breath, Bliss, bliss, bliss, bliss, healing breath again) and spam out AoE heal that crit for a zomg 1600 lol.

hit 1 mill damage and 1 mill healing in port scion the other day...bring the nerf hammer tiron considering we still lost and i got a zomg high 4 KB's.

Rift Disciple

Pretty much when they nerf Pyros which is what everyone wishes what next? Warlock/Necro/Chloro? Because my build is hard to kill me while you sit there taking tons of dot damage while I Soul Purge you with Entropic Veil and Sacrifice Life: Damage buffed. Yea it's not a 1 shot but when I get the red orb it might as well be.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ngamok View Post
    Pretty much when they nerf Pyros which is what everyone wishes what next? Warlock/Necro/Chloro? Because my build is hard to kill me while you sit there taking tons of dot damage while I Soul Purge you with Entropic Veil and Sacrifice Life: Damage buffed. Yea it's not a 1 shot but when I get the red orb it might as well be.
    Prolly SC / Ele. Makes the screen shiny with huge explosions and pads the leaderboard with huge damage dealt. That way they can take SS and swing their e-peen, pretending to be the monster mage that hides under your keyboard.

Of course it'll all be fakery that some n00b will see, scream "OMGZ Nerf!" and then the real stormcallers will have to defend themselves

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast