+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Nerf Nerf

Shadowlander

Thumbs down Nerf Nerf Nerf

Nerf Nerf Nerf...anytime on ANY MMO people who pvp ***** and cry cuz they suck and want to Nerf something...YES there will be some unbalanced ****...you CAN NOT AVOID THIS...there can never be 100% perfect balance on everything...if that were the case then every class, reguardless could do Pyro damage, heal like a cleric, and have hp as high as a warrior, and rogue perm stealth...thats balance...then we can all stop *****ing and wake up because the fake little world you guys live in does not exist. Simple solution to your crys...

LEARN TO PLAY

If you need lessions, ask somebody else. Here is a free one...On Warfronts make PREMADE GROUPS and dont just pug into fights expecting to own because YOU are so AMAZING that just you alone can turn the tide of the battle...because you arnt, and you cant. If you see Guardians or Defiants in a warfront that has a Pyro doing massive damage, FIND A PYRO to run in your premade. If you are a Defiant and you see a warrior wrecking shop...LOOK AT HIS BUFFS..WATCH CAST BAR AND COMBAT LOG...and see what he is doing and learn to counter or if you cant find a counter find another one that plays that spec...and run premades... L.T.P.

Shagg

Thanks for the input amigo.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Ascendant

Good lord, i never thought to watch the cast bar of a warrior spamming instant casts to see how he was doing so well!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggNasty View Post
    Nerf Nerf Nerf...anytime on ANY MMO people who pvp ***** and cry cuz they suck and want to Nerf something...YES there will be some unbalanced ****...you CAN NOT AVOID THIS...there can never be 100% perfect balance on everything...if that were the case then every class, reguardless could do Pyro damage, heal like a cleric, and have hp as high as a warrior, and rogue perm stealth...thats balance...then we can all stop *****ing and wake up because the fake little world you guys live in does not exist. Simple solution to your crys...

LEARN TO PLAY

If you need lessions, ask somebody else. Here is a free one...On Warfronts make PREMADE GROUPS and dont just pug into fights expecting to own because YOU are so AMAZING that just you alone can turn the tide of the battle...because you arnt, and you cant. If you see Guardians or Defiants in a warfront that has a Pyro doing massive damage, FIND A PYRO to run in your premade. If you are a Defiant and you see a warrior wrecking shop...LOOK AT HIS BUFFS..WATCH CAST BAR AND COMBAT LOG...and see what he is doing and learn to counter or if you cant find a counter find another one that plays that spec...and run premades... L.T.P.

Shagg
    can i have some of those lessions? and really? watching combat log, msut be ncie to have time to sit in the corner and read the 10000 messages scrolling by. no one is complaining because we lose in pugs. they are however complaining because some classes just are far superior then others. theres classes where better skilled, better geared players get wrecked by other people just purely because of class choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Avast View Post
    can i have some of those lessions? and really? watching combat log, msut be ncie to have time to sit in the corner and read the 10000 messages scrolling by. no one is complaining because we lose in pugs. they are however complaining because some classes just are far superior then others. theres classes where better skilled, better geared players get wrecked by other people just purely because of class choice.
    i see what u did there

Shadowlander

whatever man, if you had any kind of sense you can always make a new chat tab and put combat logs in there and only have dmg you take..then your not scrolling through as much...Plus...this game is still pretty new, so there will be alot of adjustments. I just get tired of people crying about Nerfs...there has to be 20 threads i've seen on nerfing something...it gets to be pretty stupid after about the 5th one.

Sounds like he plays a Pyro

I Write Junk - TheStarvingGamer.com

Shadowlander

even if you put up logs for damage you take, the point is to avoid and counter the damage, not get hit by and it and then read to wonder what happened at your gaveyard.

oh and msut, yep you caught me. +1 to your epeen sir.

Xsi

LEARN TO PLAY

Shagg
    Another well thought and constructive post by Shagg

So after you do your analysis of combat logs, realize the powers used (not sure why you would need to since it's 3-4 abilities and 2 buffs), respec to counter, and then realize there is still no chance against a typical Pyro (the other 90% of the time you aren't blowing cooldowns), then what?

Wait, I know, bring more friends or bribe your way for your gimpy class to join a premade.

Thank Trion, rogues can still run/ninja flags. I know most classes can as well but I like to think my rogue does it better (which isn't true *cough*tank cleric*cough*).
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Shadowlander

even if you put up logs for damage you take, the point is to avoid and counter the damage, not get hit by and it and then read to wonder what happened at your gaveyard.

oh and msut, yep you caught me. +1 to your epeen sir.
    I agree with that 100%, im just saying if people are going to cry nerf every time some class or even ONE PERSON rolls them, learn (by checking your log) what they did, and what might be able to counter / dispell, or if you are playing the same class or have guildies then give them tips on what other player rolled you and what they used. People cry Nerf so fast on MMOs its stupid. Nerf one soul, another soul is op, nerf that one, and another one will be. There will never be PERFECT balance, but it can be close.

No i do not play a Pyro either. I was in a WF last night and one 3 shotted me EVERY TIME i saw him. Just shouted in warfront to focus on him because his damage was about 7k higher than the next closest person (rogue) and he had the majority of the DB's so after that we did very well. We did not WIN but we came back, and had the timer not ran out on the game (codex) we would have won.

In the end..Skilled players will always be better than non-skilled players...some players are good for killing, others are good for dying...there are balance issues..Im just tired of all the Nerf crys. Like a bunch of tit babies that just started drinking cow milk crying for mommy devs to fix the bad classes...give it time.. people are even saying they're going to quit playing over dumb *** "unbalanced' ****...then if that is the case...roll a PVE server...and dont play warfronts...

PROBLEM SOLVED

Shagg

Shadowlander

I agree with that 100%, im just saying if people are going to cry nerf every time some class or even ONE PERSON rolls them, learn (by checking your log) what they did, and what might be able to counter / dispell, or if you are playing the same class or have guildies then give them tips on what other player rolled you and what they used. People cry Nerf so fast on MMOs its stupid. Nerf one soul, another soul is op, nerf that one, and another one will be. There will never be PERFECT balance, but it can be close.

No i do not play a Pyro either. I was in a WF last night and one 3 shotted me EVERY TIME i saw him. Just shouted in warfront to focus on him because his damage was about 7k higher than the next closest person (rogue) and he had the majority of the DB's so after that we did very well. We did not WIN but we came back, and had the timer not ran out on the game (codex) we would have won.

In the end..Skilled players will always be better than non-skilled players...some players are good for killing, others are good for dying...there are balance issues..Im just tired of all the Nerf crys. Like a bunch of tit babies that just started drinking cow milk crying for mommy devs to fix the bad classes...give it time.. people are even saying they're going to quit playing over dumb *** "unbalanced' ****...then if that is the case...roll a PVE server...and dont play warfronts...

PROBLEM SOLVED

Shagg
    thats the problem, SKILLED rogues are still getting ROFLSTOMPED by people with less gear and less experience.

just as a referance my rogue on wow, is 5x glad, ive only played 6 season of arena the 6th season i was duelist and missed out and like half the season. i have 1 rank 1 title. (ok this isint to flex my epeen you will see where im going in a second)

ok ay this isint wow, but i'd like to think with that kind of experience playing on a bursty leather melle class with lots of CD's that i would be able to adapt. sure opvp i do fine, if i get the jump in a 1v1 id say i win 75% of the time. although i would also liek to say i will avoid people and classes im sure i cant beat, if i ganked everyone even getting the jump im sure it would drop a little. however much of rogues great 1v1 capability is LOST in WF's. GoS needed to be nerfed, absolutely, however thats not a ROGUE problem. the problem is we have far less survivabilty then any of our melle counterparts, warriors and clerics, ON TOP OF THAT, our damage is fairly subpar as well. most of us arent crying that we should be able to stun lock or one shot people. but i also find it funny our most promising opening combo is based off a bleed, that alone should be a testament to how bad our burst damage really is. id simply be happy being onpar with other classes.

Ascendant

rogues keep saying they are really squishy, but for the life of me i cant seem to find anything other than neddra's essence in my mage specs that lets me get temporary godmode survivability, while ive run into plenty of rogues that have some combination of: 80% mitigation as an active, spell immunity as an active, damage immunity as an active, multiple "bamfs", nearly permanent speed boosts(ranger or MM i think, bard too but thats not exactly a dps spec), and some with 8-9k hp usually specced as a bard(obviously not really doing damage at this point either)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    rogues keep saying they are really squishy, but for the life of me i cant seem to find anything other than neddra's essence in my mage specs that lets me get temporary godmode survivability, while ive run into plenty of rogues that have some combination of: 80% mitigation as an active, spell immunity as an active, damage immunity as an active, multiple "bamfs", nearly permanent speed boosts(ranger or MM i think, bard too but thats not exactly a dps spec), and some with 8-9k hp usually specced as a bard(obviously not really doing damage at this point either)
    yeah the 8-9k sounds like a riftstalker tank whos useing his gear with a differnt soul combo. and suer we haev alot of actives. but mages are also ranged. the melle rogues need to be in the think of things, meaning we are getting hit by melle damage, and aoes that you arent. additonaly GoS is still better then any kinda of on use affect that we have. (atleast imho)

Telaran

thats the problem, SKILLED rogues are still getting ROFLSTOMPED by people with less gear and less experience.

just as a referance my rogue on wow, is 5x glad, ive only played 6 season of arena the 6th season i was duelist and missed out and like half the season. i have 1 rank 1 title. (ok this isint to flex my epeen you will see where im going in a second)

ok ay this isint wow, but i'd like to think with that kind of experience playing on a bursty leather melle class with lots of CD's that i would be able to adapt. sure opvp i do fine, if i get the jump in a 1v1 id say i win 75% of the time. although i would also liek to say i will avoid people and classes im sure i cant beat, if i ganked everyone even getting the jump im sure it would drop a little. however much of rogues great 1v1 capability is LOST in WF's. GoS needed to be nerfed, absolutely, however thats not a ROGUE problem. the problem is we have far less survivabilty then any of our melle counterparts, warriors and clerics, ON TOP OF THAT, our damage is fairly subpar as well. most of us arent crying that we should be able to stun lock or one shot people. but i also find it funny our most promising opening combo is based off a bleed, that alone should be a testament to how bad our burst damage really is. id simply be happy being onpar with other classes.
    Thats like saying I was awesome at Counter and got owned in Modern Warfare they must not know who i am.
    Dont take this personal, but i don't know why people use wow as their skill guideline. Because this isn't wow your glad title means **** in that wf. I was awesome in arena doesnt mean you come here and spank ***. Ok cause first off thats Arena not a battleground. Not against you just tired of hearing it.

And the main problem your talking about is Pyros well yea theres a problem with they can cast 1.5 GoS and u cant cc and they cut 30 percent of your damage off. I say GoS comes with a pen that it cuts the mages damage by 30 percent maybe or a Cooldown on it. Maybe charge reduction from the spells you cast also.

Plane Touched

LEARN TO PLAY

Shagg
    Ground of Strength is almost pointless in PvE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast