+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tooltip & Ability Bugs in April 12th Hotfix

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Tooltip & Ability Bugs in April 12th Hotfix

Morning Everyone,

So we've seen a number of threads pop up this morning about "Stealth Nerfs" to abilities made in last night's hot fix. We believe the issue has to do with some tooltip messaging optimizations that were made in order to improve overall server performance, especially duing high load world events.

We are currently looking into the problem, to find out exactly where things went sideways and to confirm that it is a tooltip ONLY issue and not actual changes to the effects of abilities.

There were no major balance changes intended to go out with last night's hotfix, nor are these changes "Accidently" leaked to live servers. Sweeping nerfs to many classes (Especially Rogues) is pretty much the opposite of our plans for our next balance patch.

Thanks
    -Gersh
    Last edited by Eorith; 04-13-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Soulwalker

Cheers G

A bug rift must have opened in the Trion offices.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    There were no major balance changes intended to go out with last night's hotfix, nor are these changes "Accidently" leaked to live servers. Sweeping nerfs to many classes (Especially Rogues) is pretty much the opposite of our plans for our next balance patch.

Thanks
    -Gersh
    So to make up for the confusion what ARE your plans for the next balance patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    So to make up for the confusion what ARE your plans for the next balance patch?
    Didn't you listen to the podcast? Everything is fine. Perhaps a "tweek" to GoS, maybe?

is it just me, or did the rogue AP ratio's get switched to

1 dex = .5 ap
    1 str = .5 ap

when they were

1 dex = .75 ap
    1 str = .25 ap.

With their items being mostly Dex itemized this would produce a big drop in AP for them..
    All comments in the above post most likely should be read from a pure PvE perspective.

Main Melee: BM/Champ/Para
    Raid Melee: Champ/BM/Para
    Ranged: Rift/Para/Pally
    Tank: Void/Reaver/Pally

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Phylo View Post

1 dex = .5 ap
    1 str = .5 ap

when they were

1 dex = .75 ap
    1 str = .25 ap.

With their items being mostly Dex itemized this would produce a big drop in AP for them..
    one more ninja change? ****ed devs, stop lying already and note your ****ing changes.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Hi all,

This bug is purely COSMETIC and only affects the tool-tips for abilities. The abilities themselves are unaffected, wanted to let you know as soon as we did and appreciate all of your feedback regarding this issue.

We have now sent out broadcasts and updated the MOTD to inform players of this un-intended display error.

Thanks,

Sweeping nerfs to many classes (Especially Rogues) is pretty much the opposite of our plans for our next balance patch.
    Haha so no wide sweeping nerfs Cough1.1patchCough for THIS patch... but possible in future ones!

Last edited by Hodor; 04-13-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hi all,

This bug is purely COSMETIC and only affects the tool-tips for abilities. The abilities themselves are unaffected, wanted to let you know as soon as we did and appreciate all of your feedback regarding this issue.

We have now sent out broadcasts and updated the MOTD to inform players of this un-intended display error.

Thanks,
    I am noticing a 100 point drop in my final blow overall damge and crit. this is not purely cosmetic someone mentioned IMP. Final blow and Coupe de grace are not buffing our skills as they should be

Morning Everyone,

So we've seen a number of threads pop up this morning about "Stealth Nerfs" to abilities made in last night's hot fix. We believe the issue has to do with some tooltip messaging optimizations that were made in order to improve overall server performance, especially duing high load world events.

We are currently looking into the problem, to find out exactly where things went sideways and to confirm that it is a tooltip ONLY issue and not actual changes to the effects of abilities.

Thanks
    -Gersh
    I love you for saying that! Bud you still cant have my last Bud Light.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Quote Originally Posted by Phylo View Post

1 dex = .5 ap
    1 str = .5 ap

when they were

1 dex = .75 ap
    1 str = .25 ap.

It's always been an even split for Rogues. You must be thinking Warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by hydd View Post
    Correct, beat me to it! Sheesh, something unintentionally changes and everyone goes berzerk looking for conspiracies.

Quote Originally Posted by hydd View Post
    ah my bad, i thought warriors were 75% Str/ 25% dex (which warriors are) and Rogues were 75% dex / 25% str.

my rogue is only 31, and i havn't really looked too much into his stats.
    Last edited by Phylo; 04-13-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    All comments in the above post most likely should be read from a pure PvE perspective.

Main Melee: BM/Champ/Para
    Raid Melee: Champ/BM/Para
    Ranged: Rift/Para/Pally
    Tank: Void/Reaver/Pally

Morning Everyone,

Thanks
    -Gersh
    Love for rogues? Proof will be in the pudding Trion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast