+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG class balance, I'm going back to WoW!!!1!11!

Default OMG class balance, I'm going back to WoW!!!1!11!

Because they've NEVER had problems with class balance. Ever. Especially when the game first came out. They didn't spend nearly a year reviewing each and every class on an individual basis in an attempt to balance the game. Hunters have NEVER been called OP. DK's? Phshaw, always weak, and thank god Blizz never ever nerfed them even once. And most importantly, as a WoW player I never heard "I can't wait for that patch coming out in 3 months that will make x OP class not nearly as OP."

Seriously people, the game has been out 1 month, and has had ONE major patch. After 6 years Blizzard still can't "balance" their classes, and yet, somehow Rift is supposed to be the super mega corporation that comes out with a perfectly balanced class system?

And as for the "I don't want to level all 4 classes just so I can play flavor of the month" complaints, I've said it in WoW and I''ll say it now... then don't. Why not just play the class you enjoy the most, and if it happens to be OP for now, great, and if not, it's still fun. WoW showed us that over six years, every class gets their day, and every class gets the shaft now and then too. Remember WoW mages in burning crusade? They were so bad people literally HAD to reroll, just dropping their mages off in front of Karazan to make water. Then in WotLK, they really pulled ahead and become one of the best pve damage classes. Currently, they're probably the most "balanced" class in WoW, and people who play them still complain they're UP, while those who play against them complain they're OP.

There was a poster in these forums that said enjoy rift for what it is, and not what you think it should be. That's great advice.

Anyway, for those of you who seem to remember WoW as incredibly balanced, why don't you hop on over to their class forums for a bit. That is one area in which WoW is superior. They literally have millions more people than rift to complain how much they hate the game and how they're going to leave if their class isn't buffed to godlike status by tomorrow, and they could drown out the crying on these forums with such mass and vigor as to put your sobbing to shame.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by stavos View Post
    Because they've NEVER had problems with class balance. Ever. Especially when the game first came out. They didn't spend nearly a year reviewing each and every class on an individual basis in an attempt to balance the game. Hunters have NEVER been called OP. DK's? Phshaw, always weak, and thank god Blizz never ever nerfed them even once. And most importantly, as a WoW player I never heard "I can't wait for that patch coming out in 3 months that will make x OP class not nearly as OP."

Seriously people, the game has been out 1 month, and has had ONE major patch. After 6 years Blizzard still can't "balance" their classes, and yet, somehow Rift is supposed to be the super mega corporation that comes out with a perfectly balanced class system?

And as for the "I don't want to level all 4 classes just so I can play flavor of the month" complaints, I've said it in WoW and I''ll say it now... then don't. Why not just play the class you enjoy the most, and if it happens to be OP for now, great, and if not, it's still fun. WoW showed us that over six years, every class gets their day, and every class gets the shaft now and then too. Remember WoW mages in burning crusade? They were so bad people literally HAD to reroll, just dropping their mages off in front of Karazan to make water. Then in WotLK, they really pulled ahead and become one of the best pve damage classes. Currently, they're probably the most "balanced" class in WoW, and people who play them still complain they're UP, while those who play against them complain they're OP.

There was a poster in these forums that said enjoy rift for what it is, and not what you think it should be. That's great advice.

Anyway, for those of you who seem to remember WoW as incredibly balanced, why don't you hop on over to their class forums for a bit. That is one area in which WoW is superior. They literally have millions more people than rift to complain how much they hate the game and how they're going to leave if their class isn't buffed to godlike status by tomorrow, and they could drown out the crying on these forums with such mass and vigor as to put your sobbing to shame.
    i played wow from their beta to cata... i NEVER remember a time when one class got more out of another classes loot then the class it was built for did... sometimes a peice of leather might if been better for a warrior then the plate options... but a full set of leather gear was never always better for a warrior then it was for a rogue... yet that is the a issue in Rift at the moment. having imbalance is one thing, having classes so messed up that its better to have a warrior use a rogues gear then a rogue use it is another story

Best wishes to you as you leave.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll03 View Post
    i played wow from their beta to cata... i NEVER remember a time when one class got more out of another classes loot then the class it was built for did... sometimes a peice of leather might if been better for a warrior then the plate options... but a full set of leather gear was never always better for a warrior then it was for a rogue... yet that is the a issue in Rift at the moment. having imbalance is one thing, having classes so messed up that its better to have a warrior use a rogues gear then a rogue use it is another story
    Then you have a really short memory. I distinctly remember hunters and warriors rolling on armor and weps that were rogue "specific". Remember when UBRS was the "shizz" instance to run?
    Einstein's definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Take note Trion and deliver meaningful RVR.

Telaran

This thread is new and exciting.

I disagree, in Vanilla wow.. There was a lot of leather wearing warriors. I was a hunter so it didn't matter much to me (Everything was hunter weapon lol ).
    Last edited by Bostish; 04-13-2011 at 06:45 AM.

This guy gets it. Sh*t will work itself out. Game is new. Don't GO HARDCORE because then in a month when they make your hard-farmed item available for next to nothing you won't be so upset....relax a little, can't hurt....right?
    Last edited by Krytoss; 04-13-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG...

Why is this messed up?

Plate = tank gear.
    Leather = melee DPS gear.

Seems fairly straight forward to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostish View Post
    I disagree, in Vanilla wow.. There was a lot of leather wearing warriors. I was a hunter so it didn't matter much to me (Everything was hunter weapon lol ).
    ok my post was a little troll. I read the one reply, then went back and read the OP.

One thing the OP needs to keep in mind, for the longest time WoW had different classes for each faction. I gave them an ounce of credit of trying to keep them balanced yet unique (They eventually surrendered and gave each faction the same classes). Here about the only thing different is racials and in pvp, well racials don't matter.

Plane Touched

Default Well

Both sides of this rant, serious or sarcastic, satisfied or impatient, are moot points to me, so I'll say this yet again...

Balance in an MMO should ALWAYS occur, and be an ongoing endeavor. The moment an MMO stops balance/re-balancing aspects of the ever-changing classes, to keep up with content or enhancements, then that is when you probably want to stop playing because it means the game is dying, period.

PS: So many of you guys fall for sarcastic troll bait.
    Last edited by jocool32; 04-13-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Rift Disciple

I haven't played WoW.
    Does that mean I am able to complain?

Soulwalker

Ahh vanilla WoW.

I remember a warrior rolling and winning the Lightforge breastplate while i was on my paladin.

Why would he need INT!!

UBRS ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by minus9 View Post
    Ahh vanilla WoW.

I remember a warrior rolling and winning the Lightforge breastplate while i was on my paladin.

Why would he need INT!!

UBRS ftw.
    hey don't hate too much.. I know Pali's who still never got that item.. I had two in my bank as a hunter to taunt them.

Plane Touched

In vanilla, Paladins would wear everything from cloth to chain, FYI. Druids ran around in a lot of cloth as well, even in TBC (primarily Moonkins). Warriors would wear leather and Hunters rolled on everything anyway.

Edit:
    I never got my Devout kilt, the baron hated me
    Last edited by Mridc; 04-13-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Shield of Telara

people being stupid and leather being better for a warrior then it is for a rogue is different... its a shame people are too dumb to understand or comprehend that...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast