+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: A Warrior AOE grinding build that won't be nerfed - relevant to other classes.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander baronlior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    33

    Wink A Warrior AOE grinding build that won't be nerfed - relevant to other classes.

    Hi,

    I've checked a couple of AOE grinding builds for a warrior from older posts, but it seems most of them were nerfed:
    Reaver's Soul Devour - nerfed on patch 1.1
    Paragon's Rend Like Reed + Way of the wind (stealth nerf) - proc every few sec, not per parry
    Paladin's Balance of Power / Tip the balance (stealth nerf) - proc every few sec, not per block
    I came up with this build, that doesn't seem to be nerfed in the near time (or ever):
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...z.VLuV0xMcbz.L

    Only problem is killing more than 2xlvl 50 non-elite mobs with it.

    Joking aside:
    I understand why Trion wouldn't like everyone to do superior AOE grinding.
    I also know testing and finding a "winning build" is difficult and time consuming.
    I do believe those working to get to these builds worth the reward of having it.

    So - just don't publish it (+ youtube videos of soloing 3xlvl 50 elites).

    P.S. - I play a warrior, but it seems today there is more such Cleric builds, so this is relevant to all classes, not necessarily warriors.

    My 2 cents

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baronlior View Post
    Hi,

    I've checked a couple of AOE grinding builds for a warrior from older posts, but it seems most of them were nerfed:
    Reaver's Soul Devour - nerfed on patch 1.1
    Paragon's Rend Like Reed + Way of the wind (stealth nerf) - proc every few sec, not per parry
    Paladin's Balance of Power / Tip the balance (stealth nerf) - proc every few sec, not per block
    I came up with this build, that doesn't seem to be nerfed in the near time (or ever):
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...z.VLuV0xMcbz.L

    Only problem is killing more than 2xlvl 50 non-elite mobs with it.

    Joking aside:
    I understand why Trion wouldn't like everyone to do superior AOE grinding.
    I also know testing and finding a "winning build" is difficult and time consuming.
    I do believe those working to get to these builds worth the reward of having it.

    So - just don't publish it (+ youtube videos of soloing 3xlvl 50 elites).

    P.S. - I play a warrior, but it seems today there is more such Cleric builds, so this is relevant to all classes, not necessarily warriors.

    My 2 cents
    All classes AOE grind better than warriors, and have for a long time. Funny how warriors get singled out, when other classes do it better wiith less downtime. Elememtalists as an example can take on MULTIPLE elites in a pile of mobs. There was NO reason at all for the reaver and pally nerfs. Test your game and other classes before making nerfs due to the whines of others.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Im still not sure why they nerfed EVERY soul the warrior class has. I guess Trion just hates people playing warriors.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    They nerfed them cause they obvioulsy heve no clue of their own game.
    Oh and before anyone jumps in and says "but warriors did to much damage"...
    that was a bug. But instead of just fixing this bug and seeing what would happen they overnerfed
    quite a lot of warrior souls.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Charlemagne712's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athaulf View Post
    They nerfed them cause they obvioulsy heve no clue of their own game.
    Oh and before anyone jumps in and says "but warriors did to much damage"...
    that was a bug. But instead of just fixing this bug and seeing what would happen they overnerfed
    quite a lot of warrior souls.
    this is the part where if i was still playing a MUD i would emote :wields his nerfhammer threateningly
    I've been down with booting up since Sierra Games ~mc chris

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Riftspike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azlidax View Post
    All classes AOE grind better than warriors, and have for a long time. Funny how warriors get singled out, when other classes do it better wiith less downtime. Elememtalists as an example can take on MULTIPLE elites in a pile of mobs. There was NO reason at all for the reaver and pally nerfs. Test your game and other classes before making nerfs due to the whines of others.
    I have no idea what idiot thought warriors were too fast with aoe grinding mobs. They have obviously never seen a cleric. I pull 5 to 7 mobs my level with a justicar/inq/cab build. I leave the fight at both full hp, and full mana. Sometimes I have to stop and drink to get mana back,b ut it's so unusual that I still have my stack of water from when i hit 20 in the 40s. I remember hitting 20, seeing mana regen and thinking "damn, I'm going ot need lots of water" Now in 40s I still haven't even used all of that stack.

    Elementalist are pretty damn amazing too. The problem with even mentioning them is that some idiot at Trion will have the smart idea of nerfing Chloro heals to somehow hurt Elementalist. That sounds good on paper but completely ignores reconstruct and life for mana. I'm worried they will go semi ******ed and start nerfing healers, over trying to fix actual problems.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts