+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dear Healer(s)...

Post Dear Healer(s)...

get over yourself(ves). your prima donna attitude is getting annoying and old. if you don't heal, we can always get another 1. yes, i missed 1 ranged mobs out of 4. you got killed, but the group survived. you should at least say something like "tank, get that mob, please?!" insteat rage quited and left the party. how come when a healer sucked, we laughed at things and said "let's try again!".

no wonder noone wants to tank anymore....

That's a weird reason for a healer to quit a group. If it was the 5th time it had happened and they had been having a hard time keeping people alive and had discussed the issue with the group previously, then perhaps.

Also it's interesting - Estrael we seem to have more tanks than healers. Lots of support heals, but few people willing to main heal.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

As a healer I can only say that there are always some weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyhana View Post
    That's a weird reason for a healer to quit a group. If it was the 5th time it had happened and they had been having a hard time keeping people alive and had discussed the issue with the group previously, then perhaps.

Also it's interesting - Estrael we seem to have more tanks than healers. Lots of support heals, but few people willing to main heal.
    nope, it was the 1st and only time that someone died in the party. everything went really really. we even cleared trashes with 3-man, tank and 2 bards, and we did fine. we just couldn't do bosses.

=/

Champion of Telara

I have played a healer or healer-hybrid in many MMOs (FFXI, WoW, AoC, WAR, LotRO, and Rift). Healing is often a thankless job. If anything goes wrong, 90% of the time, the healer gets the blame.

In regard to the situation the OP describes, it is hard to know what really happened. If it was the third or forth time there was a tanking issue, then perhaps he realized it was a lost cause (though he should have discussed it with the group). Perhaps someone made a snide remark about his healing (either in group chat or through a /tell). It is hard to know.

That said, the only time I would drop group is if some smart alack starts complaining about my healing (especially if the wipe was not my fault).
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-13-2011 at 04:49 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

trash in this game is brutal.. as a rogue i can tank every single t1 and t2 boss very easily without a hitch... but for the life of me i cant clear trash without tons of wipes... it's ridiculous!!! tons of aggro issues, los issues, re tarded hp issues, and just other all around ridiculousness!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sorry mate, but if it's obvious to me that the instance isn't going to be completed because the tank doesn't know what he's doing and the only reason people aren't dropping like flies is because of my healing then I'm not going to bother. It really makes me sad when someone thinks their tanking is fine just because they have a good healer that's not letting people die.

No amount of healing keeps a dps alive if the tank drops aggro on a boss, and bosses are the whole point. It isn't our job to be patient and teach you how to tank. If you want to get better at tanking then practice on rifts with your friends or random people.
    Last edited by Vazhi; 04-13-2011 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    I have played a healer or healer-hybrid in many MMOs (FFXI, WoW, AoC, WAR, LotRO, and Rift). Healing is often a thankless job. If anything goes wrong, 90% of the time, the healer gets the blame.

In regard to the situation the OP describes, it is hard to know what really happened. If it was the third or forth time there was a tanking issue, then perhaps he realized it was a lost cause (though he should have discussed it with the group). Perhaos someone made a snide remark about his healing (either in group chat or through a /tell).

That said, the only time I would drop group is if some ****** starts complaining about my healing (especially if the wipe was not my fault).
    nope, no snide remarks whatsoever. everyone was doing what they were told to do. it was the 1st and only death the entire time.

as for saying thank you to healers, i always. i also add them to my list for future parties actually.

i dont know. maybe this healer is too good or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazhi View Post
    Sorry mate, but if it's obvious to me that the instance isn't going to be completed because the tank doesn't know what he's doing and the only reason people aren't dropping like flies is because of my healing then I'm not going to bother. It really makes me sad when someone thinks their tanking is fine just because they have a good healer that's not letting people die.

No amount of healing keeps a dps alive if the tank drops aggro on a boss, and bosses are the whole point. It isn't our job to be patient and teach you how to tank. If you want to get better at tanking then practice on rifts with your friends or random people.
    nope, noone got aggro. not once until that 1 time. i seriously thought that i had all 4 mobs, but for some reason i missed one. and i've run this dungeon many times as dps to learn it well. like i said, i got wiped as dps in this same dungeon in another party and we kept trying until the healer got it. noone rage quited. noone complained.
    Last edited by Jaserion; 04-13-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Champion of Telara

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jaserion View Post
    nope, no snide remarks whatsoever. everyone was doing what they were told to do. it was the 1st and only death the entire time.

Then there are only two explanations:

1) He is just rude and deserves to be ignored

2) His wife came in and he had to log quickly because he was supposed to be doing chores around the house (lol, I have been married 27 years)
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-13-2011 at 04:56 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Plane Walker

stuff happens bad players are in every place every form get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    trash in this game is brutal.. as a rogue i can tank every single t1 and t2 boss very easily without a hitch... but for the life of me i cant clear trash without tons of wipes... it's ridiculous!!! tons of aggro issues, los issues, re tarded hp issues, and just other all around ridiculousness!
    I've heard rogues have the best single target threat generation. That would leave me to believe tab targetting should work well. Do you need more than one gcd per mob at the start of a fight? I'm not trolling I'm asking cuz I earnestly don't know.

nope, noone got aggro. not once until that 1 time. i seriously thought that i had all 4 mobs, but for some reason i missed one. and i've run this dungeon many times as dps to learn it well. like i said, i got wiped as dps in this same dungeon in another party and we kept trying until the healer got it. noone rage quited. noone complained.
    Well then you had some very patient people. And, I will admit that I will also stick with a group until it's over, often getting down to 10% soul vitality before even taking a 5 minute break. But... there are many times I'd like to just say screw it.

To clarify, I wouldn't be mad if I got agro from ranged mob, but I would be mad if I died to a single mob before you did anything about it. Unless you are stunned, rooted, or there are multiple ranged mobs, it's always a good idea to pull the melee mobs next to the ranged one and burn down the ranged first.

As someone else said earlier, healing is thankless. After a full day of being at the mercy of other players it can become too much. A phrase comes to mind, "The straw that broke the camel's back."

get over yourself(ves). your prima donna attitude is getting annoying and old. if you don't heal, we can always get another 1. yes, i missed 1 ranged mobs out of 4. you got killed, but the group survived. you should at least say something like "tank, get that mob, please?!" insteat rage quited and left the party. how come when a healer sucked, we laughed at things and said "let's try again!".

no wonder noone wants to tank anymore....
    Dear Tank(s)

You're not all great tanks as a matter of fact as a healer in every MMO I've played i have to say there are more bad ones than good ones. I would imagine you are in that first category and the cleric was finally fed up with keeping a group alive because you are a bad tank. If you missed that ranged mob killing your cleric I'm sure you missed some mele mobs killing your dps, except the cleric was keeping your dps alive and giving you the false impression you are a good tank.

Good day to you sir In the future I would not try to lump every cleric into some box, as there are good and bad players in all classes and there are even some prima donna's in the warrior class so get over yourself
    Last edited by Chaylyn; 04-13-2011 at 05:25 AM.

a. switch party to raid
    b. watch red border light up when some noob agro's something he shoudnt
    c. ........??????.........
    d. assist>taunt.. profit

incedentaly raidframes make it easier for your healer to see debuffs, and easier to track health on your party..
    Last edited by TyrLith; 04-13-2011 at 05:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast