+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best pure healer

Soulwalker

Default Best pure healer

Hello, I just picked up Rift and I'm wondering what the best pure healer class/sub spec is for raw healing output. I sifted through the search options and didn't really get anything too informative.

Would appreciate any input because I don't know anything about the game, first time poster/player.
    Last edited by raza; 04-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Telaran

You'll have to define 'pure' healer. I hear that Chloromancers are the fotm in endgame raiding atm, but they aren't the usual push-button-to-heal type soul.

Anywho, you have a few choices in regards to healing as a role. Chloro (heal while doing damage), bard (support healing, aoe + buffs), any combo of the three healing cleric souls. Even some of the cleric souls that aren't mainly for healing have some pretty nice heals in them.

IMO, you should take some time to take in the game a bit before you start looking for a heal spec.

Iri
    Champion

There's no such thing as the "best" healing class/spec, because different classes/specs are better in different situations. And "raw healing output" is equally meaningless... best single-target? Hps? How long's the fight? How much movement? Spike damage or steady? Raid or specific targets? On and on it goes.

Play the game and find something you like... don't just ask for the "best" spec to be handed you on a silver plate. Right now, you wouldn't know what to do with it if someone gave it to you.

Soulwalker

There are so many combinations to use, just search the forum. You can have different builds you use for bosses if you like, play and see what best works for you.

As a cleric, I can give you some insite. There isn't a "pure" healer in this game that is good for all scenarios.

My main role is a Purifier/ Sentinel/ Warden. It is great for five man content, but sucks in raid groups of more than about 7. Sentinel/ Purifier/ Warden is great for raids - because it specializes more in AOE heals.

You get four roles - relatively cheap. I would recommend buying them all. Pursuing all souls at level 13, and then play with it and get a feel for what you like. Rogue and Mage both have a healing soul, but Cleric has three. There is more divirsity in Cleric for heals, but go with what feels right.

Telaran

The cleric is the most diverse healer (lots of options in several souls).
    The mage/chloromancer is a very interesting, and equally viable healer.
    The rogue/bard is a support class, and is not exactly a viable healer, nor can they rez.

(your choice is cleric/mage, do not pick a rogue to be a pure healer, as it will not work - the bard is a powerful character in it's own right).

Rift Disciple

Cleric - has more clicky heal buttons

Mage - fewer clicky heal buttons but uses its life-based DPS spells for healing and has access to more mana regen options

Both are viable healers. I like the Mage more because as I'm healing people, I'm also killing other people/mobs.

Cleric = Have to be more skilled to play
    Chrolo = Less skill to play
    Bard = What is bard heals anyway?

A good cleric can make a group. An ok Chrolo can also make a group. What is a bard again?

Champion

I use a cleric and chloromancer to heal my groups. Clerics are very good at healing in any situation. The overall healing numbers might be weaker, but they make up for it with survivability (elite mobs whacks you once, you won't die). Chloromancers are extremely good at PvE healing, but lack the survivability and the ability to heal in PvP (not saying its impossible, but if people make it impossible for you to DPS on them, you won't be able to heal as well). Another area that Chloromancers are weak at is a strong instant AoE heal that most Cleric callings get. Mages have the option to be able to change their calling to a strong DPS class while clerics don't really have a strong DPS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    Cleric = Have to be more skilled to play
    Chrolo = Less skill to play
    Bard = What is bard heals anyway?

A good cleric can make a group. An ok Chrolo can also make a group. What is a bard again?
    Yes. Spamming Healing Invocation needs skill.
    You can't break healing down to cleric vs chloro, as there are so many cleric and chloro builds that the comparisons are pointless.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by searion View Post
    I use a cleric and chloromancer to heal my groups. Clerics are very good at healing in any situation. The overall healing numbers might be weaker, but they make up for it with survivability (elite mobs whacks you once, you won't die). Chloromancers are extremely good at PvE healing, but lack the survivability and the ability to heal in PvP (not saying its impossible, but if people make it impossible for you to DPS on them, you won't be able to heal as well). Another area that Chloromancers are weak at is a strong instant AoE heal that most Cleric callings get. Mages have the option to be able to change their calling to a strong DPS class while clerics don't really have a strong DPS class.
    Saying chloros can't PvP heal is incredibly incorrect.

They have advantages over clerics in PvP, but disadvantages too.

Frankly, the healing souls are pretty well internally balanced.

Wolves of War Founder
    http://WolvesofWar.org

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    Yes. Spamming Healing Invocation needs skill.
    You can't break healing down to cleric vs chloro, as there are so many cleric and chloro builds that the comparisons are pointless.
    Spamming healing invoc = no skill.

I can't say anything about chloro, as I've only had chloro as support (which they do a terrific job of), but if I ever find myself wiping I often find myself having strong last resorts not on cooldown. Gear + Healing Invocation = epic healz, yes. However, that has nothing at all to do with skill.
    'Bad gear + squishy tank -> epic healz anyway' is skill, and cleric allows that healing method.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Spamming healing invoc = no skill.

I can't say anything about chloro, as I've only had chloro as support (which they do a terrific job of), but if I ever find myself wiping I often find myself having strong last resorts not on cooldown. Gear + Healing Invocation = epic healz, yes. However, that has nothing at all to do with skill.
    'Bad gear + squishy tank -> epic healz anyway' is skill, and cleric allows that healing method.
    A chloro can quite capably handle a squishy tank. It's weakness is providing high on-demand heals on non-tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    A chloro can quite capably handle a squishy tank. It's weakness is providing high on-demand heals on non-tanks.
    Which is not something a healer has to worry about if his tank is decent and his group isn't ******ed.

Chloro raid heals are plenty to keep everyone topped off and more than enough to keep a Warrior above 80% the entire time, while still dishing out 400 dps and giving the best buffs in the game (archon).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast