+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Least Played Calling and Soul/s?

Default Least Played Calling and Soul/s?

Basically, I'm a hipster and find joy in playing a class others general don't want to.

So, from what you've noticed, what is the least played calling/soul(s) on your server?

Please list you're server so I can make a decision for when I log on later.

Thanks.
    Asheron's Call

Champion

Speaking only for level 50: I'm guessing full (or even deep) Bladedancer. I've never even seen one.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

I'm PVP:
    Bladedancer.
    Warlord.
    Elementalist.
    Shaman.
    Saboteur.
    Paragon.
    [I'm talking about main soul]

In PVE I don't know, maybe Dominator.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 04-12-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Hard to comment on specific souls, as you don't always know what other people are playing. In my battle group (Gnarlwood/Silkweb/Briarcliff/Harrow) when I queue in PvP I usually see mostly Rogues, followed by Warriors, Mages, and Clerics last. I think this is because at launch Saboteurs and Champions were powerful/overhyped, so that's what people took to 50. Mages were widely laughed off at launch, so not many people leveled them. And Clerics? Well, people perceived them as a healing class, and healers are always underrepresented in MMOs.
    Unrepentant Gaming Community

Bacardi: Rogue (Defiant/Sunrest)
    Dao: Cleric (Defiant/Gnarlwood)

Thanks for the quick replies.

So I assume it's safe to say that Clerics are amongst the least played calling?
    Asheron's Call

Plane Touched

Probably the melee cleric souls, and bladedancer.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by React View Post
    So I assume it's safe to say that Clerics are amongst the least played calling?
    If you are level 50 and are a cleric that can tank with one role, and heal with another, you are a fabled mythical creature... Kinda like a Unicorn.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    and bladedancer.
    Isn't Bladedancer like the backbone of every melee Rogue PvP build? Seems like I'm always seeing that soul crop up along with Nightblade.

Clerics are definitely the least common Calling overall, at least in my cluster. Shame, too, because we're rad.

least played class is the cleric
    least played type of cleric would be the full druid or the full cabbalist.

Looks like I'll make a Cleric, majority seem to be naming them. How is Justicar on your groupings? Any of you guys have a recomendation of what Shard would be best to start? As much as I like hip, a Shard lacking a decent amount of people just isn't fun.
    Last edited by React; 04-12-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Asheron's Call

Rift Disciple

Rogues used to be the most popular during beta and during headstart (OmfgCata on youtube is an example of this - he, as many others, were rogue in beta but switched to something else for release).
    However, representation is more balanced now.

Mages are popular now because of pyro for pvp.
    Warriors are popular because they're versatile tanks and have simple but effective DPS roles.
    Clerics are popular because people seem to like druid (although hate shaman - most boring soul ever) and, also, clerics heal well.
    Rogues are popular primarily because of ranger, bard, and assassin (pvp).

If this game was pve only, as it pretty much is anyways, then mages and rogues would be less popular. However, Rogues and Mages in WoW train people to feel as if these are the go-to pvp callings. Hence, they become popular for those purposes.
    Also, bard is a very adaptive playstyle - its the same as dpsing, but you passively support. Anyone can be a bard.

Also, if this game was pve only, there would be no melee dps players because 90% of encounters are designed to punish anyone who enjoys melee dps. Trion, for some reason, wants everyone to be ranged.

I only have my personal tastes and a general impression from cleric forums by which to judge, but I'd say purifier is the least played cleric soul
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 04-12-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I only have my personal tastes and a general impression from cleric forums by which to judge, but I'd say purifier is the least played cleric soul
    Purifier is the staple of the most commonly used healing spec for Expert dungeons.

If you're looking at souls, here's a quick breakdown for you by use and popularity. Mind you, these are my opinions only. YMMV.

Cabalist: not very good before 50, mostly because it gets its power from adding points in over 36. Great at 50 for incredible (for Clerics) AoE DPS. Not very commonly used because most people try it before 50 and hate it, and most people think Inquisitors are better DPS. (I have a 51 point Cab I use in dungeons and occasionally Port Scion, and it's wicked fun, but flimsy as hell.)

Druid: Very uncommon pre-1.1; now forms the backbone of the 31/24/11 Druid/Shaman/Inquisitor hybrid, which is argued as being our strongest DPS spec available. On its own it is good but not great. The pets are basically useless other than the Satyr.

Inquisitor: Probably the most commonly used DPS Soul, simply because it's pretty good in both PvE and PvP. You can build an Inquisitor/Justicar hybrid and basically cruise to level 50 in easy mode. (Great in PvE, dungeons, and PvP. Can solo elites depending on how you tweak the build.)

Justicar: The Cleric tanking soul. I personally think this is the best soul Clerics get, and it almost always ends up getting at least 12 points in my builds. You won't use it in pure DPS or healing builds, but it crops up in a LOT of hybrid builds.

Purifier: Probably the most commonly maxed out healing soul. The Purifier is rarely hybridized outside Pure/Sent hybrids, as it has very little synergy with anything else. So it's a very common healing soul, but doesn't get mixed in anywhere else. (Unlike Sentinel, which a *lot* of builds take 10 points in for +damage bonuses, and a little self healing.)

Sentinel: The other half of the Pur/Sent healing hybrid. I'd say that heavy Sentinel builds are probably the least common healing spec, if only because the value of this tree drops off sharply after 32 points (which is not to say it's useless; just that you generally get more out of bringing in Warden or Purifier for the other 34 points.)

Shaman: A decent pre-level 30 soul, its power drops off fairly steeply post 30. Not a bad soul, mind you - just kinda lackluster on its own. Works great paired with Justicar for a tanky melee DPS.

Warden: Common in a lot of builds that want some healing and mobility. Not as popular as Purifier or Sentinel for healing, although it has its advocates. I hope you like constantly chaining HoTs.

I'd say pound for pound the least commonly played cleric soul is Cabalist, followed by Druid and Shaman. All three healing souls see a lot of use, Justicar is used everywhere someone wants survivability, and Inquisitor is the "go-to" ranged DPS soul for most Clerics.

I guess technically the least commonly-used Cleric soul is the Templar PvP soul, but I left that out for obvious reasons.

Rift Disciple

51 point warlord. lol.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Jones View Post
    Isn't Bladedancer like the backbone of every melee Rogue PvP build? Seems like I'm always seeing that soul crop up along with Nightblade.

Clerics are definitely the least common Calling overall, at least in my cluster. Shame, too, because we're rad.
    No. 18 pts Bladedancer is, for Combat Efficiency. Any more pts in Bladedancer and the tree goes absolutely schizophrenic, lacking all direction and use.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

+ Reply to Thread