+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to set up your Ui for pyro's

Rift Disciple

Default How to set up your Ui for pyro's

Just wanted to share how to set up the ui for pyros mages
    enjoy

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1302638432

Lol. Now, now. Not all pyromancers play like that.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    Lol. Now, now. Not all pyromancers play like that.
    your right i didnt put fulminate on the bar dohhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Twopay View Post
    your right i didnt put fulminate on the bar dohhhhhhhhhhhh
    Don't forget about Cinderblast too and GoS too ;)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    Don't forget about Cinderblast too and GoS too ;)
    stop already your going to confuse the larger population of the pyro community.

It's funny because Pyros are really ****ty in PvE, and especially dungeons.

I guess it's funny to pop a rogue at 75% health though with a Fulminate and watch him explode. make sure you attach a text macro to it!

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I'm really hoping the devs aren't so stubborn with Rift PvP as the crew for WoW. The recent podcast I read snippets from were hopefully taken out of context, but they implied some sense of completion / near intended balance. Damage still needs work.

Pryo was powerful pre-1.1, but the flat broken warriors overshadowed anything else. Most players had sub 4k HP at that time (like any new 50 now), meaning cloth and rogues were dead really, really fast. Now they've got mages hitting harder than a ArP bugged saboteur ever did (with 6 GCDs mind you) while CC immune, not even counting the grossly imbalanced power-up orbs. (remove them or make them a flat % damage increase, thanks)

Frost Mages in WoW were largely seen as the player consensus for stupidly overpowered, and when Blizzard reduced melee mobility with some harsh nerfs, it was anticipated they'd reduce Frost control to compensate. This closely mirrors what we've seen with Titan Strike and completely gutting Saboteurs, but instead of simply leaving Pyro as a powerhouse... they were slightly buffed. /boggle

Please listen to the majority of your players. Pyro damage is too high. The CC is over the top. Fixing these will then require some minor adjustments to Cleric healers to keep them within reason. There's your nutshell.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I'm really hoping the devs aren't so stubborn with Rift PvP as the crew for WoW. The recent podcast I read snippets from were hopefully taken out of context, but they implied some sense of completion / near intended balance. Damage still needs work.

Pryo was powerful pre-1.1, but the flat broken warriors overshadowed anything else. Most players had sub 4k HP at that time (like any new 50 now), meaning cloth and rogues were dead really, really fast. Now they've got mages hitting harder than a ArP bugged saboteur ever did (with 6 GCDs mind you) while CC immune, not even counting the grossly imbalanced power-up orbs. (remove them or make them a flat % damage increase, thanks)

Frost Mages in WoW were largely seen as the player consensus for stupidly overpowered, and when Blizzard reduced melee mobility with some harsh nerfs, it was anticipated they'd reduce Frost control to compensate. This closely mirrors what we've seen with Titan Strike and completely gutting Saboteurs, but instead of simply leaving Pyro as a powerhouse... they were slightly buffed. /boggle

Please listen to the majority of your players. Pyro damage is too high. The CC is over the top. Fixing these will then require some minor adjustments to Cleric healers to keep them within reason. There's your nutshell.
    The funny thing is, 1.1 didn't really increase the Pyro's damage. If anything, GOS was nerfed to have diminishing returns. Nothing really changed for pyros in 1.1 damage wise. The damage increases you saw across the board were from people getting better equipment as time went on. SP seems to scale damage better vs AP so as people get more geared, Pyros do more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    The funny thing is, 1.1 didn't really increase the Pyro's damage. If anything, GOS was nerfed to have diminishing returns. Nothing really changed for pyros in 1.1 damage wise. The damage increases you saw across the board were from people getting better equipment as time went on. SP seems to scale damage better vs AP so as people get more geared, Pyros do more damage.
    If more people realized this and spent their valuable time gearing up rather than QQn. The game would be much more fun to play.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by Twopay View Post
    Just wanted to share how to set up the ui for pyros mages
    enjoy

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1302638432
    Sounds awful familiar...hey wait! I've seen that somewhere before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klm2Q7xu_d4

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    If more people realized this and spent their valuable time gearing up rather than QQn. The game would be much more fun to play.
    If that is the case... the more they gear up, the worse it's going to get as spell casters push even further ahead.

If that is the case... the more they gear up, the worse it's going to get as spell casters push even further ahead.
    You do realize there's a cap on gear and rank right?
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

In the most recent podcast, Gersh said that they knew about the "Dawn of the Pyromancer" and will be looking at it (he specifically named GoS amoungst other things).

He also said that rogues and clerics dps is being investigated, along with warriors tanking abilities.

So it's nowhere near "completion". Just because they are happy with how it is in 1.1, doesn't mean it's finished. It just means that the results of the 1.1 patch were as they expected them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Sounds awful familiar...hey wait! I've seen that somewhere before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klm2Q7xu_d4
    I see your moonfire and give you my Arcane Mage!

Champion

I appreciate the way one plays the pyro soul best. I like to eat chocolate while gaming, thus my fingers are always sticky. After a week intense playing at least another key got stuck - but that's not a problem anymore, I will just bind a new one to my fireball-macro!
    And before I run through all my 100+ keys the first ones are freed by ants, the all natural key-unstuckers (try to keep them in an ant farm, otherwise your nosy mum wants to poison them and then you will run out of keys sooner or later!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast