+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Seriously worried about upcoming nerfs

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default Seriously worried about upcoming nerfs

    I am truly worried about the upcoming nerfs. Not because I'm a mage and I'm worried about not performing post nerf, but because they will be too much leaning towards 1v1 nerfing. Initially Trion came out saying that this game will not be 1v1 player balanced, nor will they focus on fixing that. They lean their nerfing towards group play. Say they nerf mages again and take away some of their damage and defensive tactics. Are they also then going to take the power away from a spec like warden/sentinel, where it literally already takes 5+ players to kill? If they take the route of nerfing for 1v1 player fighting. Then they would have to completely revamp all the Roles to give each subclass hard counters for every possible spell. Invuln counters, gos counters, cleanses, heals, buffs, ect. What's your take on if they are going to really F************* this game up? Trion has been on top of their hot fixes and things are going quite smoothly in my honest opinion. But I see this sector, failing hardcore.

  2. #2
    General of Telara Tugrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    905

    Default



    I love the preemptive post
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

    What you did there, I see it.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    I still killed most everyone before the patch, its preemptive but not because i'm worried about myself

  4. #4
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    I like how you repeat the lie about needing 5 people to take out a healer.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Meh. I couldn't care less. I play both a 50 mage and a 35 warrior and am amazed people complain this much in the first place. It wont be the end of the world. You dont always have to be best in show. Its a game. Let go a little and have fun. It makes the game much more enjoyable. Think your character sucks at PvP right now? Take the month off PvP and focus on zone achievements. Go do those old quests you missed when leveling up. Go try some of the hidden puzzles. There a lot more to the game than just PvP.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    I still killed most everyone before the patch, its preemptive but not because i'm worried about myself
    Don't worry, your guild will still be able to faction farm er I mean pvp afk players that keep coming back time after time after the patches.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Dueling a warden/sentinel for 39 minutes like i did yesterday. IS NOT FUN. its like a 45 minute wow arena lol..

    and your trolling is bad if your trying to diss me saying I kill afk players or some noise. If i did that I wouldnt be P4, i'd be P6

  8. #8
    Ascendant Xvvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    I wouldn't worry about it too much. The nerfs will be something like this:

    1. Melee damage is being reduced 5% across the board.
    2. Ground of strength is now a character buff.
    3. The directional and line of site requirements when casting spells has been removed, now it only does a range check when casting.
    4. Healing debuffs are being reduced to 10%.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    Dueling a warden/sentinel for 39 minutes like i did yesterday. IS NOT FUN. its like a 45 minute wow arena lol..

    and your trolling is bad if your trying to diss me saying I kill afk players or some noise. If i did that I wouldnt be P4, i'd be P6
    Don't know if it was you personally or just some members of your guild but it was odd seeing a few unguilded Defiant members just standing around will being beat on my Guardians fro your guild... for like an hour.

    Does dieing reset your AFK status?
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    May I ask where you attained this information? Cause all that sounds bueno

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Don't know if it was you personally or just some members of your guild but it was odd seeing a few unguilded Defiant members just standing around will being beat on my Guardians fro your guild... for like an hour.

    Does dieing reset your AFK status?
    Sorry I can't understand you. We are running around killing afk'ers? Lol don't you think that would be a waste of time and very unproductive?

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    222

    Default

    So you're running around trying to kill a healer.. with a half-healer hybrid/life draining spec?

    ... Man, poor mages.

    I have to kill a healer in 10-20 seconds or i'm boned as a rogue, because he's just going to outlast me.

    If he has his pvp tree? detaunt, so can't 1v1.

    And if your complaining about them being unkillable because of detaunt, go ahead, get it removed, and while your at it, get it removed from mages too. Godamn thing lasts too long.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    no no no you got me all wrong my friend. We'll just put it to rest and leave it at that.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. The nerfs will be something like this:

    1. Melee damage is being reduced 5% across the board.
    2. Ground of strength is now a character buff.
    3. The directional and line of site requirements when casting spells has been removed, now it only does a range check when casting.
    4. Healing debuffs are being reduced to 10%.
    This = rogue nerf

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    I am truly worried about the upcoming nerfs. Not because I'm a mage and I'm worried about not performing post nerf, but because they will be too much leaning towards 1v1 nerfing. Initially Trion came out saying that this game will not be 1v1 player balanced, nor will they focus on fixing that. They lean their nerfing towards group play. Say they nerf mages again and take away some of their damage and defensive tactics. Are they also then going to take the power away from a spec like warden/sentinel, where it literally already takes 5+ players to kill? If they take the route of nerfing for 1v1 player fighting. Then they would have to completely revamp all the Roles to give each subclass hard counters for every possible spell. Invuln counters, gos counters, cleanses, heals, buffs, ect. What's your take on if they are going to really F************* this game up? Trion has been on top of their hot fixes and things are going quite smoothly in my honest opinion. But I see this sector, failing hardcore.
    TLDR: Mages are OP and i am gonna QQ now because i know it takes no skill to play a mage. Atleast i know they are OP and deserve a nerf, and i will prolly quit if they ever balance my OP class

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts