+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soooo I just hit 50 and......

Rift Master

Default Soooo I just hit 50 and......

Where is this miraculous difference? the one where everyone is screaming about Pyro gods and unkillable Mages?

The only difference I've seen is gear, yes thats right gear! Sure I get facerolled by warriors, maybe the occasional necro/lock specced mage or a rogue in better gear, but I expect that when I just hit 50 afterall, the gear differences between a fresh 50 vs a rank 5-6 50 are quite noticable.

Just played, Black Garden, Whitefall Steppes & Codex, sure we didnt win because:

1. Defiants still havent learned it's a team game and would sooner QQ than work together.
    2. Guardians work as a team actively and always ALWAYS have a healer specced cleric.
    3. Most of the guards were higher rank and had noticably better gear.

Heck in Black Garden there were several people QQ'ing about the pyro, the pyro was at the least rank 4 yet, I kept killing him over and over (standing on that pad = easy target for me to bleed to death) and thats as an undergeared fresh 50.

I can really begin to see what people mean by l2p, there is quite the need for it on the forum.

sorry for the tl:dr and looking forward to lol'ing at a couple of troll posts from undergeared, poorly specced 50's that you can clearly tell, are missing there WoW welfare epics!

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

"Welfare epics" lmao. Yeah that about sums up WoW. I totally agree btw.
    Video of best Mage spec in action! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Doesn't seem like your attitude is contributing anything substantial to a warfront.

1. most of the QQing on the forums comes from NON 50s
    2. of course gear makes a difference, that's not new.
    3. some builds are just better pre-50 then @50, some scale better with gear than others. It's people that wanted their OP build form lvl 30 to still be OP @ 50 that whine, shout, pout and moan.
    4. grats on 50, now go get some gear and stop filling the forums with "zomg i r leet, killed a pyro" threads

Ascendant

Gotta love these mages in disguise.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    Gotta love these mages in disguise.
    Yes because a level 50 sin player is really a mage in disguise >.>

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    Where is this miraculous difference? the one where everyone is screaming about Pyro gods and unkillable Mages?

The only difference I've seen is gear, yes thats right gear! Sure I get facerolled by warriors, maybe the occasional necro/lock specced mage or a rogue in better gear, but I expect that when I just hit 50 afterall, the gear differences between a fresh 50 vs a rank 5-6 50 are quite noticable.

Just played, Black Garden, Whitefall Steppes & Codex, sure we didnt win because:

1. Defiants still havent learned it's a team game and would sooner QQ than work together.
    2. Guardians work as a team actively and always ALWAYS have a healer specced cleric.

Heck in Black Garden there were several people QQ'ing about the pyro, the pyro was at the least rank 4 yet, I kept killing him over and over (standing on that pad = easy target for me to bleed to death) and thats as an undergeared fresh 50.

I can really begin to see what people mean by l2p, there is quite the need for it on the forum.

sorry for the tl:dr and looking forward to lol'ing at a couple of troll posts from undergeared, poorly specced 50's that you can clearly tell, are missing there WoW welfare epics!
    No offense, but your opinion after a few warfronts with a fresh 50 ding will not give you a good sample. I can't speak for the rest of the people who are posting that actually care about pvp, but I have been in hundreds of matches and have over 13k kills. You do know there are different kinds of "pads" that pyros sit in right? Just wanted to make sure. Spend a few more weeks in pvp, face all the different groups at different times, achieve "the gear" then repost your article.

Plane Walker

you have heard the term, "bads" before?

Not every pyro is a god. Some are not specd correctly just hearing there OP and tossing 51 points in fire and thinking there gonna be the greatest.

The good players, the ones who learned there class before 1.1 are loving there new found status as the alpha class. Its fine, there not immune to damage. They can be killed.

But they are also the only class in the current state of the game that can one shot a HP stacked tank if they line up there cool downs and mega damage. Since no other class can do this in a single GCD your seeing the out pouring of crying.

a 50 sin your stealthed right? Not a target that a pyro is going to single out... Killing you isn't going to turn the tide in a fight, that pyro is saving his juice for a cleric or another pyro.
    HERE HAVE SOME FUN DIP!!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Azlidax View Post
    No offense, but your opinion after a few warfronts with a fresh 50 ding will not give you a good sample. I can't speak for the rest of the people who are posting that actually care about pvp, but I have been in hundreds of matches and have over 13k kills. You do know there are different kinds of "pads" that pyros sit in right? Just wanted to make sure. Spend a few more weeks in pvp, face all the different groups at different times, achieve "the gear" then repost your article.
    No offense but that sounds a hell of a lot like the "wait til your 50" argument, that was also pretty much invalid in WAR as well, BW's spent there entire leveling career imbalanced there and yet they kept arguing "wait til 50", then you hit 50 and they go "oh but you need to be fully geared and RR 70+ before its balanced"

I could link you to half a dozen threads on WAR that used to come out with this stuff, the point is simple some classes may need a little toning down, some need bringing up, but from playing so far with my rogue for the past several hours in the bracket, I can honestly say that once again:

"Wait til 50 is an invalid argument" the balance is NOWHERE near as bad as people were making out at 50....wanna know why you get killed against someone else? Because you:

A: have bad gear
    B: didn't notice that there was more than one player attacking you and just assumed it was that one class
    C: got beat, bested and outclassed because they are a better player.

If I get a warrior in my face, I expect to die, If I try to fight a mage at range, I expect to die....because quite simply I'm letting them fight on there terms and not my own, people need to stop expecting to be able to beat another class when fighting that class in its optimal niche.

Again think it's been said a dozen times over, yes rogues have issues and will get some love, however if you are going to spec points all over the place or try to do too many things at once, you are going to die over and over......Looking at you NB/Sin/X builds for that one (you might do okay in PVE, expect your survivability issues to hamper you in PvP)

Tl:dr done =p

if you are bleeding a rank 4 pyro to death as a fresh 50 in black garden you are either off 1v1 somewhere, the other team has zero healers, or the other team/pyro is terrible.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 04-12-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Your attitude makes me want to disagree on principle. You're just as bad as the "sky is falling" players. Your post smacks of arrogance and I can guarantee that you are no where near as good as you think you are.

The trolls and bads are very obvious when they post and the forums are flooded with the misinformed. That doesn't make everyone that volunteers their feedback to Trion incorrect. Balance issues exist. It's an MMORPG and it's new. To think the game is balanced out of the box makes you a...silly person.

Pyros need to be looked at just the same as Saboteurs needed to be reviewed. I just hope they don't nerf bat them to death the way they did to Sabos.

Oh. Before you jump on your high horse, I raid GSB 3/5. I'm full T2 or better. I was 2200 rating in arena in TBC and WotLK.

Rift Disciple

Sounds like the OP just sat in stealth the whole WF and popped out whenever his slip away came off cooldown.

How ironic that he mentions how his team don't work together.

Telaran

You know, I can kill bad pyros as a rogue too, it's not that hard. People are complaining about the good pyros who are then magnified by them being able to global people. Heck, my bro wanted to play pyro so I spec'd him for it and he got rolled, I hopped on and showed him how to actually use his CCs and came out top of the match, and this was in the 29 bracket. That said, in the same bracket on my rogue, I'm able to get a lot more KBs and damage than most mages that I've been fighting for a couple of reasons. They don't get heals, they ignore me like an idiot, they keyboard turn, and they don't use their tools effectively. Bads will always be bads, no matter how OP the class they play is. The only difference is they have a toy that makes them feel all badass because every once in a while they're actually able to kill something after rolling their face on the keyboard.

That said, a pyro in the hands of someone that is capable of using it to its fullest is a monster.

There are times when I join 4/5 Warfronts in a row and don't find any issues, no Pyros, no Champs with pocket healers, no bombing, nadda.

Why don't you mention Port Scion? Everyman and his dog would rather play Port Scion, it's muchmuch better for honour gain and is generally larger scale combat - not large enough for my likings =)

Scion is 99% likely to have a few people rolling in the OP broken Ground of Ma'Shizzle. One thing I will say is that when I'm leader I have the sense to put a ****ing number of the head of any Pyro or useful healer out there, it negates their strength and the sheep actually follow the numbers as a very general rule.

Sometimes I say /wf: Bonus points for killing the pyro (1) - it works.

Now Trion just need to sort out the fact that only leaders can Mark

Time to update your signature.

+ Reply to Thread