Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I would LOVE to tank but i'm not leveling a pathetic warrior

Default I would LOVE to tank but i'm not leveling a pathetic warrior

I have a Elemental mage that can fight 3 and 4 mobs at once, I can regen health and mana with ease all during combat.. my dps is high and i can walk thru mobs like a breeze..
    I can do this on a rogue and even a cleric
    BUT Warriors suck to high heaven! i tried a Champ/Beastmaster and even Pally/Reaver
    1) Beastmaster is pathetic .. the pet is useless.. your dps is only decent with Champ soul but you have to drink after every fight. Healing that stupid pet is slow and doesnt compare to how a mage and rogue can quickly heal their pets.. not to mention it doesnt hold aggro so i can take less damage.. My armor is like paper.. PATHETIC~
    2) Tank spec is so slow to kill it's simply not worth it

Hey Trion there is a huge tanking shortage and i am betting this has alot to do with it (not to mention holding aggro on multi mobs early on is sad)

so like i said: I would love to tank but Warriors are so pathetic from what i have seen it's simply not worth the time.. Got to love the PVP whiners for destroying this class
    Last edited by Priya; 04-12-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Priya View Post
    I have a Elemental mage that can fight 3 and 4 mobs at once, I can regen health and mana with ease all during combat.. my dps is high and i can walk thru mobs like a breeze..
    BUT Warriors suck to high heaven! i tried a Champ/Beastmaster and even Pally/Reaver
    1) Beastmaster is pathetic .. the pet is useless.. your dps is only decent with Champ soul but you have to drink after every fight.

Hey Trion there is a huge tanking shortage and i am betting this has alot to do with it (not to mention holding aggro on multi mobs early on is sad)

so like i said: I would love to tank but Warriors are so pathetic from what i have seen it's simply not worth the time.. Got to love the PVP whiners for destroying this class
    Really? I've seen warriors gather up groups of half a dozen MOBs or more and take them down. Maybe you should ask in the Warrior board for some advice?

Or, is this one of those ironic posts?

We have some decent tanks in our guild, some of thier specs can lay out some good dps, and our mt does not lose agro often. Maybe the issue is how you play and not the tools you are given.

Default without heals? no i dont think so fella..

Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    Really? I've seen warriors gather up groups of half a dozen MOBs or more and take them down. Maybe you should ask in the Warrior board for some advice?

I am talking solo ability not tanking in a group or dps in a group.. unless u are getting healed forget it.. i cant stomach to get a warrior past lvl 23 for the pathetic state it's in
    Last edited by Priya; 04-12-2011 at 03:55 AM.

You seem to have missed the point, yeah, warriors can gather up a couple of mobs and kill them quickly, but unlike the other callings warriors will need a lot of downtime while other can keep goin due to mana restoring skills an large selfheals.

Warriors lost there biggest self heal a while ago and the pet has never been viable for doing anything really as it's aggro generation suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

1) Beastmaster is pathetic .. the pet is useless.. your dps is only decent with Champ soul but you have to drink after every fight. Healing that stupid pet is slow and doesnt compare to how a mage and rogue can quickly heal their pets.. not to mention it doesnt hold aggro so i can take less damage.. My armor is like paper.. PATHETIC~
    Hmm. Either very very subtle irony... or blatant trolling. For the latter, I would expect this to be posted in the mage section, though.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Honestly, isn't the role of a "tank" pretty much reserved for NON-solo time? I mean the point of a tank is to absorb copious amounts of damage while maintaining agro of the entire world. Tank = meat shield. So, if you're soloing, change your role to something with more damage output.

I don't play a pure healer when soloing because IMO that is reserved for groups and raids due to the low dps. Who am I going to heal?
    Last edited by Dantes; 04-12-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Plane Touched

Clearly you've never played a warrior...take another look at the Reaver class tree.

Rift Disciple

In most games warrior is one of the more anoying classes to level. Its nothing new. If you want to tank and can tollerate rogue or cleric why not do that then?

I have to admit though I'm glad I was almost 50 on mine before the reaver nerf. Reaver pre-nerf (or fix however you wanna look at it) was by far the most easy leveling I have ever done in an MMO.

A few things have changed with patch 1.1 and the nerf to the dmg the dots from reaver does. They increased the threat generation to offset the dmg part, but they didn't offset the loss of healing you got from it. I have heard from several with that build already that they now have problem finishing some quests where they didn't had any problem before.

But then again Ele is one hell of a mean soul when it comes to soloing and taking on multiple mobs. As elementalist I'm only starting to sweat if I get 4 lvl 50 elites on me and normal mobs is just the limit you can pull before they lose interrest. The GEE doesn't have any aggro problems anymore since 1.1.

And isn't it a bit ironic that the OP complains about a true tanksoul to go so slow? Eitherway you play as a tank and survive big odds, or you play dps and have to watch that you don't overaggro. Both got advantages and disadvantages.

Default omg what's wrong with you

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
    Honestly, isn't the role of a "tank" pretty much reserved for NON-solo time? I mean the point of a tank is to absorb copious amounts of damage while maintaining agro of the entire world. Tank = meat shield. So, if you're soloing, change your role to something with more damage output.
    The post is about leveling a warrior aka.. SOLO jeez the other classes can roll thru mobs with high dps, health and mana regen in combat.. The warrior sucks! THUS

this and many other things are why i feel there is a tank shortage.. no one wants to level a toon killing 1 mob at a time .. try to take on 2 mobs you and that lame azz pet are almost dead if not

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzaria View Post
    Clearly you've never played a warrior...take another look at the Reaver class tree.
    Clearly you havent played reaver as a leveling spec since the patch. Sure it still AOE's pretty well but it kills PAINFULLY slow now. His point is leveling wise the other 3 callings have it much easier which is true imo. Though with the right riftblade/pally build at 50 its almost like playing reaver all over again. The only downfall to the build is its energy starved and you actually have to drink after your 4th or 6th invasion force lol.

Pally/Reaver/Para here... I do fine soloing. an easy group pull will consist of 4 to 6 mobs at lvl 50.. or more. Melee or Caster, makes no diff. Warrior 'might' take a little longer to get into it's groove, but it's definately still a powerhouse. Drinking isn't an issue unless I've pulled back to back groups... oh and I occasionally have wipe a lot of blood and guts off my armor, it does build up you know ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ydyp View Post
    And isn't it a bit ironic that the OP complains about a true tanksoul to go so slow? Eitherway you play as a tank and survive big odds, or you play dps and have to watch that you don't overaggro. Both got advantages and disadvantages.
    That's the problem tough, warrior tanks can't take and survive big odds alone, not without a healer.
    This while the other callings and their souls can do it in a solo environment.

Sure, warriors can still pull of amazing feats with the right builds, but we can't do what others can do, namely large pulls and ending with full health/mana.
    Before the reaver nerf we could do this due to grisly works, which used to heal us for 10% of or HP when we killed something.
    Without that or heals have become minimal and need to, unlike other classes soloing, drink almost every other pull.

That is the problem.
    Last edited by Izithel; 04-12-2011 at 04:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Default no one is talking about a lvl 50

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelfear View Post
    Pally/Reaver/Para here... I do fine soloing. an easy group pull will consist of 4 to 6 mobs at lvl 50.. or more. Melee or Caster, makes no diff. Warrior 'might' take a little longer to get into it's groove, but it's definately still a powerhouse. Drinking isn't an issue unless I've pulled back to back groups... oh and I occasionally have wipe a lot of blood and guts off my armor, it does build up you know ;)
    my god do you people read: Since that stupid patch leveling a warrior has become pathetic... telling us how bad you are at 50 doesnt mean anything... all the other classes can breeze thru multi mobs on their way to 50 and yet the warrior is stuck with a useless pet, lame dps OR you can be a tank spec with a shield and 1 hander pretending you are chopping your way thru the amazon... 1 vine at a time... Oh Joy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast