+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Pets

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, United Kingdom
    Posts
    332

    Default Pets

    I just wanted to mention this incase someone at trion reads it.

    the pet threat generation talents are a bit unbalanced.

    I'm not asking for nerfs. Just some consistency would be awesome, it would be great if some of the pets were just balanced out (hopefully by upping their threat generation abilities)

    As a 42 (edit: I might have been 38 now I think about it, but still) Elementalist primary soul I grouped with a 32 Hunter and the boar was easily pulling aggro and holding aggro from the elemental.

    I'm not saying nerf boars, I'm hoping that the earth elemental threat generation just needs looked at.. because shouldn't they be roughly the same? I mean even if they're not the same then shouldn't the level difference have made the earth elemental's threat generation be higher than the boars?
    Last edited by Anchor; 04-12-2011 at 02:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Panduss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default

    The important question here is:
    did either of you pull aggro off the pets?
    If not, then they did the job.

    I'm not sure what "hunter" soul you speak of but in almost every case it's a pretty stupid idea to let any other pet tank for an earth elemental. But that's a player issue...
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
    I just wanted to mention this incase someone at trion reads it.

    the pet threat generation talents are a bit unbalanced.

    I'm not asking for nerfs. Just some consistency would be awesome, it would be great if some of the pets were just balanced out (hopefully by upping their threat generation abilities)

    As a 42 (edit: I might have been 38 now I think about it, but still) Elementalist primary soul I grouped with a 32 Hunter and the boar was easily pulling aggro and holding aggro from the elemental.

    I'm not saying nerf boars, I'm hoping that the earth elemental threat generation just needs looked at.. because shouldn't they be roughly the same? I mean even if they're not the same then shouldn't the level difference have made the earth elemental's threat generation be higher than the boars?
    Our pets suck for tanking.. Besides the Stewart.. He works fairly well then you out grow him. Thats neither here nor there the rangers piggies a beast.. Ive seen them pull aggro off tanks in rifts etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

    <3 u fulminate

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    68

    Default

    boars have a taunt on a short cooldown, taunt isn't about amount of threat...it's automatic aggro. Comes down to which pets taunt in what order sometimes.
    Also makes a difference how you spent your soul points vs how the ranger did. Except at really low levels there is no such thing as a stock pet, to many places where soul points can enhance the pets and it's then an issue of who spent more points enhancing their pet vs. themselves.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Dhamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriza View Post
    Our pets suck for tanking.. Besides the Stewart.. He works fairly well then you out grow him. Thats neither here nor there the rangers piggies a beast.. Ive seen them pull aggro off tanks in rifts etc.
    The Skeletal Stalwart is the weakest of our 4 tank pets.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    The Skeletal Stalwart is the weakest of our 4 tank pets.
    Your forgetting Soul Purge which makes him pure win in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

    <3 u fulminate

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Ydyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    The Skeletal Stalwart is the weakest of our 4 tank pets.
    That is indeed true, but it will evolve to the knight. In pure numbers not sure if it is weaker then the greater earth elemental. Though what I noticed is that a necro got a lot more trouble keeping his pet alive then an elementalist. Rangers and beastmasters even get it worse. So if you got only those 4 pets to choose out for a tank I would indeed go for the Greater Earth Elemental and the elementalist with improved quicken elements behind it for tank as the others won't be as effective to tank and are better to deal dmg.

    Compared to the players all pets do a nice job since patch 1.1 (haven't tried the kitty since patch so won't include it here and the cleric pets don't have tanking pets), now between the pets it seems the boar has the best, the knight isn't bad either once the debuffs and deathly calling is up on the mobs and the earth elemental is the weakest of the 3, but still does it job to keep it of the players.

    So if you got a necro, a ranger and a elementalist, let the elementalist pet tank and ranger and necro should go with the dps pets, those are better then the elementalist dps pet anyway.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    One thing I've noticed (at least from a BM Perspective, probably the worst of the Pet classes in terms of Pets itself). In the off chance a tank is slow to pick up a mob I can't really throw my pet in to defense and taunt it to save a healer. Each time I do it ends up dying in what seems like a single hit. (Referring to T2s).

    Not sure if that is limited to BM though since we don't have a "tank pet" as the other souls, does the Boar and Knight hold up better in those situations?
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Ydyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    One thing I've noticed (at least from a BM Perspective, probably the worst of the Pet classes in terms of Pets itself). In the off chance a tank is slow to pick up a mob I can't really throw my pet in to defense and taunt it to save a healer. Each time I do it ends up dying in what seems like a single hit. (Referring to T2s).

    Not sure if that is limited to BM though since we don't have a "tank pet" as the other souls, does the Boar and Knight hold up better in those situations?
    The problem with that is that a ranger spec will probably run around with the raptor, an elementalist with the air elemental and the necro with the zealot or the mage pet and not with their tank pets. This means ranger is out cause he needs a long time to switch to tankpet.
    Keeps the necro and elementalist left to switch instantly to their tank pet to try to safe the healer. And of both the elementalist probably has the best successchance to pull the mob of the healer as the necro will need to get a stack of deathly calling on the mob for its taunt to work. Also the earth elemental got a better survival chance because the healing the elementalist can push out.

    But either way, this situation shouldn't happen as this is an indication your tank isn't paying attention.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts