+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Best all round class

  1. #1
    Soulwalker juso2080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default Best all round class

    Which class can best fit all aspects of game play available.

    Warriors are out because they cant heal.
    Mages are out cause they cant tank.

    So from Rogues and Clerics who can do all 4 ( Tank, Heal, Rdps, Mdps )
    Which offers best utility, Probably speaking from a tanking and healing aspect.

    Will a clerics tanking hold up?
    will a rogues healing hold up?

    What are your thoughts.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Vivvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    I love my Justicar / Shaman / Druid. The Druid is just a test atm, but I like this build alot. Im only lvl 29 atm, but im having a blast.
    Ive tried all the other casting souls, but to me this one is best. I might change Druid later, but not likely. I like the little Faerie. She might not be uber dps or high healing, but she warns me very often if I have gotten an add. And she does give just the right healing to top of a small wound

    For healing im going mostly Warden, mainly because I like HoT's..but im also putting points in Sentinal and Purifyer. I might actually change on of them if the manaproblems doesnt get better. I only heal if im in Warfronts...and at lvl 29 healing is still pretty rough and you are a maintarget most of the time.

    But still....its fun I like the Cleric alot.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    412

    Default

    You could run any T2 with a full group of clerics - so I'm going with that.

    Don't think you could do that with 5 rogues.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara aylictal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    mages heal better than clerics in pve.

    mages also aoe and dps better than a cleric in pve.

    warriors and rogues dps better than clerics in pve.

    tanking, it's about even, with maybe cleric coming slightly out on top.

    in terms of cc, clerics have extremely little.

    edit: also clerics run out of mana ... the only class who is reliant upon potions to sustain themselves, while others recharge faster in combat or have ways of getting back mana reliably.
    Last edited by aylictal; 04-12-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    458

    Default

    rogues are not healers its a support soul that has a healing ability's but can not be considered as a healer and should not be considered as a healer.

    and you forgot to mention support roles but i'd gues everybody can fullfill that.

  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iEchoic View Post
    You could run any T2 with a full group of clerics - so I'm going with that.

    Don't think you could do that with 5 rogues.
    This is correct. Want something that's good all around, roll a Cleric.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Panduss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juso2080 View Post
    Mages are out cause they cant tank.
    Why do you say this?
    Yesterday I sent my earth pet in to engage and tank the boss of a greater rift while the rest of the party was still busy with some trash.
    Healing it wasn't a problem while tossing the odd AE on the crowd that the party was finishing off.

    Might as well drop rogues from your list because they cannot seriously heal a tank vs damage spikes.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Ydyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panduss View Post
    Why do you say this?
    Yesterday I sent my earth pet in to engage and tank the boss of a greater rift while the rest of the party was still busy with some trash.
    Healing it wasn't a problem while tossing the odd AE on the crowd that the party was finishing off.

    Might as well drop rogues from your list because they cannot seriously heal a tank vs damage spikes.
    Now try that with a dungeon boss and you'll find out soon enough that your rock is a good tank in the open world but can't cut it in the expert dungeons.

    So with that the only all around calling around is cleric, until Trion gets around it and nerfs cleric dps builds so they also only have 2 major rolls to fill (next to support) in a group like all other callings.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Argrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Look no further than a Cleric my friend, if you want to do-it-all (tank, heal, melee dps and ranged dps).

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Yeah, i agree with pretty much everyone in here. Clerics are pretty strong right now. They make the best tanks easily with superior mitigation and constant self healing. They obviously can heal with much variety in their choices. Shaman and Druid are nasty melee damage dealers, druids bringing a pet to the party to add some too. Cabalist and Inquisitor deal some hefty magic damage, inq being more nuke and cabalist being more quirky and aoe, and very fun.

    Personally i don't like rogue tanking at all. they're capable, don't get me wrong, but others just do it much better. Rogues rely on cooldowns and one minute buffs given from combo points to keep their damage intake low. Even with burning 2 minute, 15 second duration cooldowns their mitigation only matches warriors or clerics and they don't have the ability to block. their parry/dodge cannot even touch a cleric's either. I'd say something needs to be looked at there but some of the regular forum readers already know where i stand on that subject, i'll not get into it here.

    As for healing, bards are far from a main healer. Though in times of need, they can activate Virtuoso and be the best healer in the game for 15 seconds every three minutes. Bards are more support, adding buffs to the party/raid. Though mathematically i'm fairly certain you'd find that if you instead went with blade dancer, your damage/party buffs would outweigh the support the bard brings to the table. Their support is appreciated, and noticeable, but underwhelming.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Belith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default Rogues

    will get some love next patch....

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    192

    Default

    I have a lvl 18 Cleric (lvl 50 is a mage) and I am going Shaman/Inquisitor/Sentinel. I'll have ways to melee, cast, and heal. Good all around balance to level up as. Something like 10/40/16.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Cleric is the only class that can fill every important role(tank/dps/main healer).

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    the only role clerics miss is suport/buffer role

    so go cleric if u want it all

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearAlice View Post
    Yeah, i agree with pretty much everyone in here. Clerics are pretty strong right now. They make the best tanks easily with superior mitigation and constant self healing. They obviously can heal with much variety in their choices. Shaman and Druid are nasty melee damage dealers, druids bringing a pet to the party to add some too. Cabalist and Inquisitor deal some hefty magic damage, inq being more nuke and cabalist being more quirky and aoe, and very fun.

    Personally i don't like rogue tanking at all. they're capable, don't get me wrong, but others just do it much better. Rogues rely on cooldowns and one minute buffs given from combo points to keep their damage intake low. Even with burning 2 minute, 15 second duration cooldowns their mitigation only matches warriors or clerics and they don't have the ability to block. their parry/dodge cannot even touch a cleric's either. I'd say something needs to be looked at there but some of the regular forum readers already know where i stand on that subject, i'll not get into it here.

    As for healing, bards are far from a main healer. Though in times of need, they can activate Virtuoso and be the best healer in the game for 15 seconds every three minutes. Bards are more support, adding buffs to the party/raid. Though mathematically i'm fairly certain you'd find that if you instead went with blade dancer, your damage/party buffs would outweigh the support the bard brings to the table. Their support is appreciated, and noticeable, but underwhelming.
    Are we even playing the same game? Clerics are, by far, the worst tanks. They take WAY more damage than the other two tanks. You will NEVER see a Cleric MT in greenscale for that simple fact. In a purely physical encounter, clerics can hold their own. But in any type of magic damage just crushes them though. Also, the small amount of healing they can do should not count as mitagation. Healing for 100-400 does absolutely nothing to offset the 1-2k hits they take.

    On the other hand, rogues are amazing tanks. They take the least amount of damage out of all the tanks IMHO. The only problem rogues have is AOE aggro generation. They might take a decent burst at the start of a fight, but once the shield and armor buff are up, its smooth sailing. Our MT for all of GSB is a rogue and I would not have it any other way.

    Then you have Cleric healing. The only reason to bring a Cleric to raids right now is because Synthesis does not stack. Chloros are far and away better healers. Their Natures Touch heals for twice what my 3s cast heals for, while also healing the 5 most hurt raid members for 80%. I will say Clerics are better pvp healers, and do have some nice cooldown abilities, but that does not make up for the pure HPS the Chloro can put out.

    Lastly, Cleric DPS. It's definately not something to write home about. Every other class can put out better DPS. You will never see a Cleric topping the DPS charts, while our GSB raid will always have a warrior or mage at the top. Other raids on our server consistantly warriors and rogues topping them. Never a Cleric though. When we do raids our the boss dummy for DPS testing, our Clerics are always 800ish while our mages and warriors are 1k+ ish.

    So you are right, clerics can do a little of everything, just worse than any other option.
    Last edited by Vaevicti; 04-12-2011 at 10:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts