+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demonstration: Soul Utilization - An epic black garden, uneditted.

Thumbs up Demonstration: Soul Utilization - An epic black garden, uneditted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLqekIk0Y-Y

4 roles
    -Bomber
    -Assassin
    -Sprinter
    -Minstrel

This is intended for higher levels. I use a 24 rogue to get my point across, I dont expect you to have 4 Roles at 24, its an example of how the ability to switch on the fly can be game-changing before you can access half the soul.

I think you guys need to change how you approach pvp in this game. Because 99% of you are missing it.
    Last edited by McWaffle; 04-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Soulwalker

wasn't anything special but Yeah people need to utilize the fact that you can switch roles in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLqekIk0Y-Y

4 roles
    -Bomber
    -Assassin
    -Sprinter
    -Minstrel

This is intended for higher levels. I use a 24 rogue to get my point across, I dont expect you to have 4 Roles at 24, its an example of how the ability to switch on the fly can be game-changing before you can access half the soul.

I think you guys need to change how you approach pvp in this game. Because 99% of you are missing it.
    that's a pretty nice statistic. 99 percent, i like it. Apparently we're all too idiotic to realize that we can have four roles!
    Last edited by Chotu; 04-11-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    Don't Hate The Game, Hate The Chotu.

Chotu - Regulos - Guardian - <Vantage>

seriously..this guy starts threads just to see what he types.....

Just sayin.....
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

ITT : people who have never switched souls out of spawn, prob only before game begins. I mean its like WSG with 1 flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Qweets View Post
    wasn't anything special but Yeah people need to utilize the fact that you can switch roles in this game.
    Getting out of combat surrounded. to save a 200-485 game 500-499. 3 Fang Kills, as 3 diff specs. And almost topping heals only healing last 1.5 minutes?

What else should I have done? Its my 6th WF i think, I am in no way claiming I am some beast but my objective oriented play style will always give me the edge.

Soulwalker

Everyone and their mothers know rogues aren't bad in the mid levels. Congrats, I've also had my fair share of killing in that level range. Now come back when you're 50.
    Last edited by Dennet; 04-11-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Banned

Yea get flamed in another thread just to make a new one.... Rogues didnt magically get better just because you posted in a different section dude.

Soulwalker

Also, have you considered not playing in first person?

Dude.

Zoom the **** out.

Plane Walker

have you ever considered that high lvl's don't have enough roles to take multiple pvp specs ?

i must have a bard and a dps soul or i cannot enter dungeons. prefereble a melee and a ranged but i neglect range.

i want to tank so tank soul.

and that leaves me with 1 pvp soul. thus i can not go switching souls in pvp cous i just don't have pvp roles except for 1.

note i have a bard role, but full bard sucks in pvp. your very weak and need alot in riftstalker and other things to survive as bard in pvp wich you do not want in pve.

LOL

level 24 is the new level 50 amirite?

idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oh, yeah, how dare we cite to something that is more accurate than Britannica.
    "Seebs, on Wikipedia's Accuracy"

Rift Master

Or you could've gone bard from the start and stayed in it and possibly have won more easily... just because you happened to switch roles doesn't mean it's what made you win the game... that win was due to the enemy team being god awful and not simply focusing targets down at the end.

99% of the time, switching souls more than once in a WF will do nothing to change the outcome of a match.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bahizret View Post
    have you ever considered that high lvl's don't have enough roles to take multiple pvp specs ?

i must have a bard and a dps soul or i cannot enter dungeons. prefereble a melee and a ranged but i neglect range.

i want to tank so tank soul.

and that leaves me with 1 pvp soul. thus i can not go switching souls in pvp cous i just don't have pvp roles except for 1.

note i have a bard role, but full bard sucks in pvp. your very weak and need alot in riftstalker and other things to survive as bard in pvp wich you do not want in pve.
    Agreed. If I want to do dungeons I have to have a pve spec, because otherwise(PVP spec) my damage just gimps the group. MY pve spec doesn't have alot of cc options because they aren't that necessary when you are just trying to dps an elite boss down.
    Last edited by Darkpharoh; 04-12-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    Or you could've gone bard from the start and stayed in it and possibly have won more easily... just because you happened to switch roles doesn't mean it's what made you win the game... that win was due to the enemy team being god awful and not simply focusing targets down at the end.

99% of the time, switching souls more than once in a WF will do nothing to change the outcome of a match.
    While I don't agree with the OP's use of "Most of you just need to L2P" numbers, I also don't agree with this anecdotal assessment either.

You most certainly CAN turn the tide of a WF with the rest of your team by adapting your play accordingly to the task at hand and the enemy you face. Some WFs I can go in from start to finish and be roughly satisfied with my nonPvP BD build (it is a solo PvE grind build), and others I swap to a Tank role (the only other one that even remotely allows me to do anything in a WF well) repeatedly to do various things, but mostly run stones/fangs or defend nodes.

If I wanted to play hardcore PvP, I'd have all four likely dedicated to PvP in some form or fashion, tailored to dealing with common issues on whatever WFs I liked to play. The "I gotta have a PvE build" excuse is lame. You don't have to play PvE in this game at all, just like you don't have to have a PvP build ever or do PvP either. If you like doing dungeons, have a spec ready but don't lament the lack of a 3rd or 4th PvP build because you CHOOSE to not have one.

I'm actually surprised Trion hasn't made it such you cannot swap roles so quickly and fluidly. The ease by which you can completely change how you play and thus change how effective tactics are against you, assuming relatively balanced teams of course, is borderline OP. But then again... everyone can do it so it really isn't, and adds depth of play and diversity to a concerted team effort.

Most of you are missing the point of the OP despite his trollish nature, and that's being a successful PvPer means utilizing a multitude of tools to include swapping specs. Falling in love with your X spec that is designed to eat casters and never ever wanting to swap to a spec that can deal with the heavy melee om nom noming your face is not using your Calling to the fullest.
    General Tank Theorycrafting: Have numbers? Post them up!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...eturns-and-You!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast