+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DPS Warriors and DPS Rouges...

Default DPS Warriors and DPS Rouges...

There seems to be a bit of disparity in these classes. In 50 experts, I have seen warriors roll on obvious rouge leather gear... Just for the dex/crit.

I've seen level 50 warriors in purple leather... There is a problem with this. Rouges need to compete against themselves AND warriors? How is this fair to them?

I personally don't play a rouge, I play a healing cleric... You wouldn't catch me rolling on cloth to save my life.. why are warriors rolling on leather vs plate?

How can this get fixed other than making it so you can't roll on anything other than what your archetype is supposed to be using?

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?
    Utildai

Quote Originally Posted by Utildai View Post
    There seems to be a bit of disparity in these classes. In 50 experts, I have seen warriors roll on obvious rouge leather gear... Just for the dex/crit.

I've seen level 50 warriors in purple leather... There is a problem with this. Rouges need to compete against themselves AND warriors? How is this fair to them?

I personally don't play a rouge, I play a healing cleric... You wouldn't catch me rolling on cloth to save my life.. why are warriors rolling on leather vs plate?

How can this get fixed other than making it so you can't roll on anything other than what your archetype is supposed to be using?

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?
    Just sit back and laugh, there's people like that in every game. They saw a theory that the crit from the dex might net higher dps, but most intelligent math ends up proving the opposite... just remember, at end game, they're going to have some pretty crappy dps.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sskzins View Post
    Just sit back and laugh, there's people like that in every game. They saw a theory that the crit from the dex might net higher dps, but most intelligent math ends up proving the opposite... just remember, at end game, they're going to have some pretty crappy dps.
    I hope that's true... reminds me too much of wow pallies stealing my cloth... and the worst part was, it was actually useful for them (for a while).
    Last edited by MonsteR 7189; 04-11-2011 at 05:42 PM.

It's ROGUE damn it.

If you let them make you, they'll make you paper mache-- at a distance you're strong, until the wind comes then you crumble and blow away.

Well this is already kinda end game, I'm speaking of 50 warriors in T1 experts rolling on rouge gear..

Anyway, apparently, this is an issue already.

Thanks guys.
    Utildai

From what I understand, it has to do with the underwhelming scaling of AP to DPS. If they fix that, they fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonnig View Post
    From what I understand, it has to do with the underwhelming scaling of AP to DPS. If they fix that, they fix the problem.

I'd heard this as well. Although I don't roll on leather, myself.

Shadowlander

Source, or you're full of ****.
    Vitellan - Warrior
    < The Vigilant >
    Rasmolov (PVP)

Rift Chaser

call me n00b but... WTF is a Rouge?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Forb View Post
    I think it's when warriors wear makeup to increase their DPS. Didn't you hear about the new profession "cosmetician"?
    When you wear lipstick it buffs your crit, and mascara increases int.
    Hunbun - Female Dwarf Cleric - Faemist
    Missy - Female Kelari Warrior - Faemist
    Pilgrim - Male Mathosian Mage - Faemist

Quote Originally Posted by Forb View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouge

It's all I could find. I'm not sure what any of that stuff has to do with Rift.

And Crit (and therefore dex) is significantly better than crit for warriors until they have AP scale with warrior attacks.

what they're overlooking though is the fact that it takes 2x the dex to get the crit that they would be getting on str plate gear.

So basically, by avoid Str / End / Crit pieces, you end up gimping your dps by going for leather which eventually evens out to the same exact crit, with less damage to buff the crit damage with.

source: MATH

Rift Master

what they're overlooking though is the fact that it takes 2x the dex to get the crit that they would be getting on str plate gear.

So basically, by avoid Str / End / Crit pieces, you end up gimping your dps by going for leather which eventually evens out to the same exact crit, with less damage to buff the crit damage with.

source: MATH
    Just that a lot of DPS plate is badly itemized.
    Dex and Crit are very good while AP and Str are pretty bad. Str and AP should be buffed.
    There are a few good DPS plate pieces but often leather items are just better in that slot.

I'd not roll against a rogue on leather but I'll wear good leather pieces any day if it is better for me than most plate. So I can understand the warriors.

If you want to know more about why dex and crit are so good and why Str/AP are so bad, look into this thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...8-Warrior-Math!
    It is not completely correct but it gives you an interesting overview. Of course the OP makes some assumptions and missed to calculate in that Str only gives Str*0.75 AP. So in fact, Str is even worse than it is used in those calculations.
    Last edited by rofltehcat; 04-11-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Rogue leather has enough strength on it to max out any dps increase that warriors get from it. Thus by stealing rogue leather armor, they increase their dps further than they would by using just dps plate, which has too much strength on it. They need to just make it so that warriors can only wear plate. Clerics only wear chain. Rogues only wear leather. And mages only wear cloth.

No clerics in cloth, no warriors in plate. Each class has their armor type meant for them and none of this stealing and competition.

Yes, I play a rogue.

Ascendant

This

Just to give you one example, a Warrior will have about half the AP that a caster has in SP. So it might end up better to stack crit. As many power regens and other abilities also rely on critting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast