+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does this happen?

Default How does this happen?

I'm in Warfront and I am healing. Many times while I try to heal someone, even myself, I get the "little hand" mouse, like I need to select who I need to heal. Why should I need to select when I have the person or myself targeted? It is very annoying and needless to say causes people including myself to die, when I think a heal should be going off in an emergency and then all I get the the "hand" thing. First, I thought maybe it was because, of the target of the target aspect, but many times it is just myself and the person I am attacking and trying to just heal myself, in that case there is no one else selected to heal other than myself and the enemy and the enemy is not a viiable choice. Just trying to figure out what causes this so I can stop doing it lol.

That only happens to me when I use macros to heal, like Touch the Light + Healing Invocation, for example.
    Mateo of HC/TSG - Long Live The Syndicate!

It happens even when soloing in PvE too, which is really weird. Trust me, Rift, I am not interested in healing the mobs I'm smacking around. Although that would be fun for mobs I'm really pissed at. Beat them to 10% health, heal them, and beat them some more. That'll teach them to dismount me when I am trying to get to that one single death rift in Stillmoor.

But I digest...

It happens to me sometimes while using my VK self dispel. I'd like to know as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMcCloud View Post
    That only happens to me when I use macros to heal, like Touch the Light + Healing Invocation, for example.
    Well, this can't be my problem, because I have never made any kind of macro. Although I should and clear up my hot bars lol.

But it is very annoying for this to happen especially when the target is one you cannot cast a heal on to begin with.

hmmm maybe its a bug.

Ascendant

Can't help you with a solution, but just to say, it never happened to me, at all.
    Maybe something about your settings, i.e. cast on target's target, stuff like that?

Shadowlander

I would suggest using Mouse over macros with keybinds for healing. Will make things a lot easier until some form of "Clique" function or addon is available (If it ever is).
    When casting on yourself try using the Self Cast Modifier key - This should stop the need to constantly select targets.

Hope this helps in some way

+ Reply to Thread