+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did not want to agree!

Rift Disciple

Default Did not want to agree!

I have just Dinged 50 last night, Iv pretty much war-fronted most of my way to 50!

I never saw a single issue with the mage calling pre lvl 50, Now don't get my wrong. I understand Gear, premade's > me..

But Every warfront i have entered I have been one shot from the word go. Im running a heal build, But i cannot deal with been one shot through my shield/pre-heals.

At frist i was like wow, thats some real focus i am getting. But im not been focused, its just a pyro using insta cast's on me... Now their prob in high rank gear, But it's not pre made...

I Don't normal cry for nerfs, I did not even agree with most of the post's what where going on. But after hitting 50, i can see a real issue..

my 2 cents for the dev's

Rift Disciple

well if hes in good gear he will probably kill u very fast if u just dinged 50 goes for almost all classes whid good gear seeing low geared ppl proly aiming for them 1st
    and the poor job of team mates that sould try to fend ppl of healers

Telaran

How is it you defend a one shot ? please enlighten us haha

Champion

There's a possibility they had the wings buff.... but that still doesn't make it OK.

Also, gear should not allow someone to be one shotted even if they are a fresh 50.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyundies View Post
    I have just Dinged 50 last night, Iv pretty much war-fronted most of my way to 50!

I never saw a single issue with the mage calling pre lvl 50, Now don't get my wrong. I understand Gear, premade's > me..

But Every warfront i have entered I have been one shot from the word go. Im running a heal build, But i cannot deal with been one shot through my shield/pre-heals.

At frist i was like wow, thats some real focus i am getting. But im not been focused, its just a pyro using insta cast's on me... Now their prob in high rank gear, But it's not pre made...

I Don't normal cry for nerfs, I did not even agree with most of the post's what where going on. But after hitting 50, i can see a real issue..

my 2 cents for the dev's
    Pyro's have exactly 2 spells that even have a chance of one shotting you. Fulminate easily could, especially with the wings buff. It is instant cast, on a 45 second cooldown, and requires 100 charge to use. The other, cinder burst, would be very hard to one shot you. They would have to have wings, you would have to have crap health, and the stars would have to align just right. Cinder burst is a 6 second cast spell with a 30 second cool down that can get an instant cast/CD reset proc with pyro armor.

If you are dying to one of these two spells every time you get close to another player, you have to be the most unlucky SOB I have ever met, and should probably lock yourself in a padded room so you don't hurt anyone.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Champion

I'm curious if you think it's OK to have a chance to get one shotted by anything SqueeGee.

Rift Disciple

they did not have the 100% spell power buff on =/ i am full aware of how the warfronts work. These ones shots are right off thier normal buff bat!.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    I'm curious if you think it's OK to have a chance to get one shotted by anything SqueeGee.
    No, I don't. I think Fulminate needs to be changed, and I think wings need to be removed from warfronts. On top of that, GoS needs some changes. Other than that, I think Pyro is ok.

My point is, you are exaggerating how often you are dying to a single Pyro spell, or you are just the most unlucky person I have ever met.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    No, I don't. I think Fulminate needs to be changed, and I think wings need to be removed from warfronts. On top of that, GoS needs some changes. Other than that, I think Pyro is ok.
    Well that's good to know, some people think it's A-OK.

You said it yourself you just hit 50. Be prepared to be wtfpwnt by people that are completely geared.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyundies View Post
    they did not have the 100% spell power buff on =/ i am full aware of how the warfronts work. These ones shots are right off thier normal buff bat!.
    Not happening. Without wings Fulminate is the ONLY spell that could crit hard enough to kill you, but there is no way you are being "one shot from the word go". It's just not happening.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Shield of Telara

Don't worry. I am cadet ranked with all favor spent so far on my gear plus a couple of crafted epics, the rest of the gear is blue. I still get one shotted occationally. Have 4500 health in my pvp role (role 2).

It happens, you get to run up start pounding on them and hope to kill them before you get blasted.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    Not happening. Without wings Fulminate is the ONLY spell that could crit hard enough to kill you, but there is no way you are being "one shot from the word go". It's just not happening.
    I can honestly see it happening.

I was on my rogue tank spec (this has only happened once btw) and I got taken down from 7k HP to nothing with Rift Guard up.

Granted more then the pyro was hitting me, and he probably had the wings buff, but RG is about 40% damage mitigation right there, and I just ended up dropping from 7k to nothing.

Rift Disciple

Guy you dont seem to understand!

I know i am not geard

I know thier are pre-mades

I know what buffs does what!

AND i am not one to cry about been killed!

All i am saying is, their is a real issue atm. Coming from a person who plays games only too pvp, that class needs adjusting! Alll be it, i would not mind if they could one shot you! But they should at least die just as fast.

Champion

I've been wondering about a lot of this. But with regards to how hard a spell hits/health/gear etc...what is the average health of a mage or rogue at level 50? Not necessarily with all epic gear, but with good gear?

I see people on average talking about having 4500 health or so a lot. Is that at 50? My bard is only lvl 42 and I have 4200 hp's now. My wife is only at 3800 at 42 but she is a bladedancer. My mage is 40 with about 3800 hp's (necro, I don't play with fire).

Just wondering what ballpark I should be shooting for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast