+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am worried about this game becoming the next EQ2

Default I am worried about this game becoming the next EQ2

I remember playing EQ2 for several months, and it seemed every time there was a patch, there was a major overhaul to the classes in the game and their abilities. My main in EQ2 was a Troubadour, and we started off as one class, and several months and patches later, it felt like I was playing a totally different class all together.

I am concerned that with all the cries for changing class features of almost every soul, the game is going to stay in that "open beta" feel for several months and several of the souls we have are going to be vastly different in 3-6 months.

Rift Disciple

well to me necro feels still like it used to send pet hide and nuke after 3 secs

Telaran

Just hate the nerf bat myself. Most of it is caused by the PvP side of the game and it really bugs me that it affects my PvE skils and abilities. Wish they would have made PvP souls and stuf totaly seperate from the PvE side.
    Nuff Said.

I don't think that it will be that big of a deal. It's true that the game is changing quite a lot right now, but the game is still new so there are going to have to be a lot of changes. The factor that will keep the classes from morphing into something else is whether Trion can learn when to stop.

Personally, I have a lot of faith in Trion with Rift because they have taken a lot out of Blizzard's playbook, so I don't think you will see a Pyromancer become a Melee DoT spec.
    Introducing The Promise Deluxe Edition! Now with 88% more pretension and fighting paunch!

Telaran

I haven't seen any nerfs like I did in eq2 yet... when the warlock changes happened a few months after eq2 release it killed the game for me
    I5 760 @ 4 ghz, 2x MSI GTX460 Hawks @ 1 ghz, 8G DDR3, Viewsonic PJD6211 on a 120" screen

rift needs to develop a bit more depth before it becomes the next eq2 ;)

but i will agree, to me the classes were more stable during beta than they have been since release. dont get me wrong i know its only been out a month, but issues like rogue damage have been reported since beta 1.

I actually liked just about all of the major overhauls EQ2 did to their game. But then again, it wasn't a big PVP snafu because it is almost completely a PVE game, so there wasn't this constant whine battle happening.

Nothing could be as terrible as EQ2.

Ascendant

I love EQ2. Its just old and outdated and empty nowadays.

+ Reply to Thread