+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More than a month from the Rift release

Default More than a month from the Rift release

and still have not decided on what should be my main calling. Fortunately my indecision is between cleric and rogue only.
    About pvp melee which at the time is the best? Even in the perspective of 50.
    Thanks for your help.

The World needs a Healer.

Will you take on that mantle?

Default healing for me is not a problem.

even in WF i do like it.
    But I fear that cleric is not so competitive in melee compared to rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Belith View Post
    and still have not decided on what should be my main calling. Fortunately my indecision is between cleric and rogue only.
    About pvp melee which at the time is the best? Even in the perspective of 50.
    Thanks for your help.
    I actually think Rogue is much more fun with their skills, but a Shaman you can run around aimlessly spamming one button. Which one sounds more fun for you?

Cleric overall is more flexible because you could main heal, but a Bard is a great asset to any group. If you are not interested in healing, I say Rogue. Trion has already said that Rogues will be getting a lot of love soon too!

Cookie Monster speaks the truth, Shammy is a one button class in terms of dealing DPS.

Hoooowever there is a little bit more to it when it comes to PVP, shields, timing, heals (if specced as a hybrid). Rogues are not in a great place right now, I sincerely hope they do get some attention especially for melee dmge because they die on my shield at the moment (Riftblade), my favourite alt is a Cleric, healing is balls to the wall awesome as a Warden, I love making a difference in WFs, and I make a huge one, I like the idea that I can effectively melee DPS/Ranged DPS/Tank and also have a whole range of support builds that can be made – for the Rogue they are similar in their spread of roles, however I find their support builds to be more focused on increasing the damage of others instead of healing (especially with the changes in 1.1).

At the moment (on my shard at least) there is very little agro regarding your spec, LF Melee DPS/LF Ranged DPS/LF Support – as a Cleric or Rogue you will be accepted into all these roles as well as Tanking if that appeals to you, at present I haven’t seen an expert healed by a single bard, 2 bards? Yeah, but we were drunk and only killed like 3 bosses before my mate broken his keyboard with his face.

+ Reply to Thread