+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Physical Damage Classes VS Magic Damage classes

Plane Touched

Default Physical Damage Classes VS Magic Damage classes

With my Justicar-Inquisitor AOE leveling build, I have about 44% physical damage resist.

I have 0% fire damage resist.

I could, by not using a two-hander, rune-selection, and other tricks, increase the physical damage resist even higher.

Because of this, I simply cannot be killed by warriors or rogues outside of continual stun-lock. Even two on one isn't that hard. On the other hand, mages/clerics mess me up.

THIS IS NOT A HEALING BUILD.

Now, warriors, I understand your upset, but your problem is that *I* am doing Light and Death damage, against which you have little resist, while *YOU* are doing Physical Damage, which has plentiful resists.

Now, raid-bosses have magical resists, BUT PLAYERS DO NOT.

This presents a little problem.

There are a number of solutions, but this is the fundamental problem.
    Last edited by Themistocles; 04-10-2011 at 06:11 PM.

The fundamental problem is all the warrior nerfs because all warriors of any spec were "OP", Now every mage and cleric can spec to never die to a warrior very very easy... the problem is you have the ability to spec 60% physical mitigation whereas we have no option "Good Option" of speccing magical resists.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Even though you are making it a pvp like build, the cleric tanking soul focuses a lot of physical resist and its weakness is magical resistance. :| Not all tank souls were created equal. That is just the way it is for the justicar soul.

And the last bit, the Void Knight soul for warriors is built with a lot of magical resistance tools. x: So yes, there IS magic resistance for at least one Soul.

Many souls have magic resists and many warrior / rogue souls do non-physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    Many souls have magic resists and many warrior / rogue souls do non-physical damage.
    not sure I'd call 2 of 8 'many' for rogues. One of those is a support and not dps also.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    Not to mention that only one warrior soul does mainly non-physical damage - riftblade. The few non-physical skills of the other souls usually do pitiful damage, i.e. reaver, paladin, and void knight.

Prophet of Telara

Simple answer. Each piece of armor/weapon can take one rune as they do currently, in addition to a "resist" rune.

1. Stack fire resist.
    2. Stack death resist.
    3. Own no skill mages.
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Simple answer. Each piece of armor/weapon can take one rune as they do currently, in addition to a "resist" rune.

1. Stack fire resist.
    2. Stack death resist.
    3. Own no skill mages.
    4. ???
    5. Profit!
    Sounds fair. I'll put fire resist on all my gear, just so long as you have to put physical resist on your... Oh.. Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDemise View Post
    And the last bit, the Void Knight soul for warriors is built with a lot of magical resistance tools. x: So yes, there IS magic resistance for at least one Soul.
    I don't call 20% from going quite high up in the 'anti-magic' tree a lot tbh.. I agree you can mix with pally or reaver for another 9%.. Still less than GoS though - which is from 1 high-magical-dps tree.. /boggle.

My bard/riftstalker has 120 on all resists with the resist anthem up, which gives 40 to everyone. His physical resistance is only somewhat higher than magical.
    Last edited by Shinigam1; 04-12-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    My bard/riftstalker has 120 on all resists with the resist anthem up, which gives 40 to everyone. His physical resistance is only somewhat higher than magical.
    That works well enough in a support barding role, making you last through more than 1-2 hits, but you can't kill a fly either. At best Stalemate with 1 combination within the Rogue calling.

Rift Disciple

still mages have no pasive 20% phys dmg reduction as far as i know on talent spec

Quote Originally Posted by nexionse View Post
    still mages have no pasive 20% phys dmg reduction as far as i know on talent spec
    its called armor.

With the nerf to rogue / war dps and the buff to all armor ratings from cloth/leather/chain.

U still dont understand why physical dmg sucks? are u blind?

Its a double nerf to physical dmg classes..
    Last edited by Hotpants; 04-12-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    REFUND / HOTPANTS

Have you ever saw a mage or cleric targeting rogue before warrior because of armor mitigation?

My tank feels like a leather class when PvP, in fact i shouldnt even PvP because im taking the place of a mage. I am just a free dps meal meter for mage since they can blow my 9k life for the benefit of their on stats (even with VK/PAL magic mitigation*).

And please dont tell me to build resist fire for on class cause even though i tried, i does not worth the loss of other stats. Magic resist is broken.

Prophet of Telara

i've tested resists and they aren't even active in game right now.. stop talking about them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast