+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why I, personally hate this game.

Soulwalker

Default Reasons why I, personally hate this game.

I loved this game from the moment I played it. I played it to max level twice to wait for people to hit max level with me.

So I like playing a healer. Healing in this game is so stupid.

Boss swings for 3k a swing on a tank, but I can only heal for 2k on a non crit. Its like saying you have to rely on crits to heal your group.

This same problem makes it so you need more than one healer for a 5 man. That to me doesnt make sense at all. If two people aren't spamming the **** out of the tank, the tank dies. All bets are off if you dont have a chloromancer or a bard healing because as a cleric you can't stop healing the tank even if your group takes a 4k aoe.

Everything hits too ****ing hard. I can't stress this enough.

Why in gods name did they make a game that requires one of the more scarce classes (healers) to be the most common? Also to that - healing just is NOT fun at all. I can't heal a 5 man by myself. I have to rely on someone else healing at the same time. Bosses do **** like raid bosses. Its utterly ****ed.

What I think needs to be done? all damage needs to be lowered or healing increased by a boatload. Not so far to make it easy as hell, just managable.

One thing to bear in mind is that dealing with the damage output of the mob isn't just the healers responsibility. ;)
    A lot of classes (even non-healer classes) have means to assist the fight.
    Levels of the players is also another factor.
    My point is that arbitrarily just nerfing damage output of mobs may not be the right answer.

However, it's plausible that the critting in this game is a little excessive. One only needs to look at the complaints from pvp'ers to see how certain classes are perhaps, just perhaps, critting a bit too much. So it's plausible that mobs are doing the same. Then there's the abilities that mobs have that aren't actually adhering to the same mechanics that players do. For instance, I've seen a certain mob in rifts spamming flame spear a lot quicker than players can now.
    Last edited by Tarka; 04-10-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Most healers use more than one healing soul, keeping a constant Hot up, as well as having a instant heal, and a large heal with a cast time. You can easily keep up in any 5 man content if you use all your tools.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/29903/rift-forum-signature.png

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

Plane Touched

The only game I ever enjoyed healing in was CoH.
    To this day I have no idea why I found empathy healing so fun.

Without things like how hard the bosses can hit, there wouldn't be a need for Support Souls like Chloro and Bard. Part of the reason that dungeons are as difficult as they are to heal, I'm guessing, is so the people who like to play Support roles can also participate.

The dungeons were conceived to include all players, not to force everyone to run a single setup (i.e Healer, Tank, DPS x3). If this annoys you well... that's how this game is meant to be played. You may want to try a different one. At least, that's my take on it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by flyinpoons View Post
    Most healers use more than one healing soul, keeping a constant Hot up, as well as having a instant heal, and a large heal with a cast time. You can easily keep up in any 5 man content if you use all your tools.
    I have multiple healing specs, all use 3 healing souls. I use everything I can, and the tank is more than adequate enough to tank the content. It just hits too hard. I -can not- solo heal a 5 man instance on expert unless its LH. Thats it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by EternaTea View Post
    Without things like how hard the bosses can hit, there wouldn't be a need for Support Souls like Chloro and Bard. Part of the reason that dungeons are as difficult as they are to heal, I'm guessing, is so the people who like to play Support roles can also participate.

The dungeons were conceived to include all players, not to force everyone to run a single setup (i.e Healer, Tank, DPS x3). If this annoys you well... that's how this game is meant to be played. You may want to try a different one. At least, that's my take on it.
    That would be easy if this game wasnt my friends game of choice for the time being. And yes, healer tank 3 dps SHOULD be the normal. There are hundreds of DPS in this game sitting around waiting, but no, you need 1 healer, 1 off healer and 1 dps with a main healing spec to be ready to clear any content. Otherwise you slam your face into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by EternaTea View Post

While mostly true, any 5 man regular dungeon can be completely single healed, at least as a cleric. I have done it many times on mine with no bard or chloro in the party. T1, and T2 may be different, but regulars can easily be done as a solo healer.

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Strigoi View Post
    That would be easy if this game wasnt my friends game of choice for the time being. And yes, healer tank 3 dps SHOULD be the normal. There are hundreds of DPS in this game sitting around waiting, but no, you need 1 healer, 1 off healer and 1 dps with a main healing spec to be ready to clear any content. Otherwise you slam your face into a wall.
    not true...........

Soulwalker

The bottom line is I don't feel like a healer. I feel like a guy who waves his hands in the air while peoples hp slowly ticks up and dramatically decreases.

To me, that isn't a healer.

Soulwalker

not true...........
    How is it not true? I'm sitting here in a 5 man deepstrike mines, and alone I couldn't heal this. Theres just no ****ing way. My tank with 160 toughness is getting hit for 50-60% of his hp a swing. If I didn't have a secondary healer healing, we'd be ****ed.

The bottom line is I don't feel like a healer. I feel like a guy who waves his hands in the air while peoples hp slowly ticks up and dramatically decreases.

To me, that isn't a healer.
    Then quit being a healer? Clearly it's not your thing.

Soulwalker

Then quit being a healer? Clearly it's not your thing.
    DPS can't find a group due to everyone needing healers.

How is it not true? I'm sitting here in a 5 man deepstrike mines, and alone I couldn't heal this. Theres just no ****ing way. My tank with 160 toughness is getting hit for 50-60% of his hp a swing. If I didn't have a secondary healer healing, we'd be ****ed.
    It's not true because the post I responded to said "any content" and mentioned nothing about experts.

I can't help but feel you are doing something wrong, or your tank doesn't have enough toughness or is running with a bad spec. I run 32 puri/34 sent/warden spec, and the only instances that have really given me trouble are the manticores in KB, and some of RoTF. Both were completable though, just took a little practice. The rest are fairly easy assuming you don't have bad pulls. Just out of curiousity, what spec are you running and what is your usual spell usage?
    Last edited by Niia; 04-10-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Niia - 50 Mathosian Cleric Heals
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast