+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Prove to Trion that you want your voice to be heard, and that you want to hear theirs

Default Prove to Trion that you want your voice to be heard, and that you want to hear theirs

Please, please read the whole thread. Don't TL:dR it.

I've been spending two episodes of Cops on G4TV to try and figure out how to word this thread best, so i'll try my hardest to get my point across.

The Problem:

A lot of threads and posts have popped up stating that the game is in peril, and balance is unseen. This may in fact be true. I think a general agreement across the community is that 'no news is bad news'. We need some kind of awknowledgment from the developers. We can bicker all we want amoungst ourselves, but it's really nothing without a post written in blue and an avatar of a door opening.

The Solution:

Obviously the solution would be to have some feedback and awknoweldgement from the higherups. A very common and useful tactic to recieve attention is to make a protest, a petition, or a rally. Since we can't literally picket outside of their offices, we have to go with the petition.

What you can do!:

It's simple really! All you have to do to show that you care, and want to help convince the developers that we really really want some awknowledgement is by simply writting 'Signed'. You can go above and beyond by writting some of your opinions.

Now I know, I know, you may not want to Sign it because you feel it makes no difference. Just think to yourself though. If you saw 54 pages of 'Signed' would you sign? Humans innately tend to follow their peers. If nobody is a wolf, and nobody takes the first plunge to sign, then nobody else will follow in their footsteps. Nobody will create this into something bigger. Please, I ask, just help me on this one community. I promise only good will come of it. What do you have to lose?

For the Haters:

Listen, I know some of you are going to read this, and something inside you is going to want to reply with some negativity. To reply with some hatred and flames. You probably don't believe that this thread will go anywhere. That it will end with one page of comments. You might think that Trion will never read the forums, or that nothing will change. You are probably the same people that quit and go AFK in a warfront if your team is losing by 200 points.

I ask you a simply question. Instead of just being mean, and writing jerkish stuff. Why can't you just write 'Signed' Do you not want a 'State of Progress' post every so often?

A summary of what we want to see from the Developers:

Every friday, at least a couple of sentences letting us know that you awknowledge what is going on. Even a sentence letting us know that you care what we think, and want the community to be a part of this game and your company. Even a simple sentence would suffice at least. For example:

'We understand what's going on with the Pyro soul for Mages, and our Balance Team is working towards a fix that will make everyone happy' or 'Phase two is almost done, we had to make some tweaks to prevent any breaking on launch. It's going to be real fun when it's out :P'

Simple replies like that let us, the community, your subscriptions know that we're more than just $15 a month.

---------------

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and I really do hope that we can make this into a huge thread. Remember, these forums do have moderators. So if we get this thread big enough, I promise we'll get the attention of the Higher Ups. *holds out pinky*.

-Josh

Soulwalker

/Signed. I agree with the OP, and think that if we make this explode, we can really get some feedback. Imagine 10 pages in a couple of hours, and maybe 20 pages by the end of the night. They can only ignore so much :P

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vexamas View Post
    Why can't you just write 'Signed' Do you not want a 'State of Progress' post every so often?
    Read through it all. I'm not a hater, but I am ambivalent about your proposal and State of Progress posts. So I can't sign it, but you get a free bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    Read through it all. I'm not a hater, but I am ambivalent about your proposal and State of Progress posts. So I can't sign it, but you get a free bump.
    I don't understand what you would be ambivalent about, but thanks for not resorting to flames

-Josh

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vexamas View Post
    I don't understand what you would be ambivalent about
    It's simple. I play the game. I have fun. I don't need to see what the developers are doing or why they are doing. While I enjoy the game, I'll give them money. When I stop enjoying it, I'll stop giving them money. They've managed to make a reasonably enjoyable game for me to play without having to tell me what they're doing. I'll keep on trusting them to do that.

Shadowlander

/signed

I wouldn't mind them taking a look at Warfronts damage. It seems a little unbalanced at times and then seems okay the next. I don't know, maybe a well hidden bug that's hard to pinpoint?

Also, I wouldn't mind a revisit on the Saboteur. I know it was a little overpowered before, but 1.1 has cut its damage a tremendous amount. On top of that, it has only encouraged more of the "2-button win" Sabos. I personally liked it when I was able to output at bit more damage from simply not being lazy. The Marksman and Ranger are capable of outputting more damage. Either way, still love the sab and their mechanics and its still my main solo build.

Other than these couple of things, I'm quite happy with the game so far and in full support of Trion and Rift.

Yeah, I mean, even if it's like 'The pyro fix we're thinking is a little bit more complex to adjust in just a day, please be patient and give us a little bit of time' I wouldn't even mind. As long as they at least mention some kind of awknowledgment.

-Josh

Plane Touched

I'm not a hater, but here is a free bump with no sign. The last patch is proof to me that they are listening. The addition of the video encoding is proof that they are listening and are providing tools for us to use to display any issues we may find.

I think it is far too early to start accusing Trion that they have no interest in keeping their customers happy. I understand that they made an extremely complex system for calling/soul combinations. I understand that 'balance' in this game will be far more difficult than most MMOs. I knew this when I purchased the game and expected this to be an 'issue' that will likely never end. Because of this, I don't expect Trion to tell me what I already know.

Edit: If the did post comments they would probably become gimme gimme flame threads.
    Last edited by trajika; 04-10-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trajika View Post
    I'm not a hater, but here is a free bump with no sign. The last patch is proof to me that they are listening. The addition of the video encoding is proof that they are listening and are providing tools for us to use to display any issues we may find.

I think it is far too early to start accusing Trion that they have no interest in keeping their customers happy. I understand that they made an extremely complex system for calling/soul combinations. I understand that 'balance' in this game will be far more difficult than most MMOs. I knew this when I purchased the game and expected this to be an 'issue' that will likely never end. Because of this, I don't expect Trion to tell me what I already know.

Edit: If the did post comments they would probably become gimme gimme flame threads.
    I think you're getting the wrong Idea about my post. I'm not saying that they don't care. I'm a huge Trion fan boy.

I'm merely asking them to give us a little 'Hey, it's all good bro, don't worry' every once in a while. Like I said, Once a week, two sentences would do me just fine.

I <3 Trion. I just think we deserve to know that they're saying 'sup, this is our hand on your back, we got cha'

-Josh

99 views, 8 replies, two of which are mine. I thought this format would be easy enough. Shame :/

-Josh

/signed

Some feedback would be nice, I love pvp and it's a giant mess right now. Go mage or cleric or go home.

Rift Disciple

Trion is not going to answer anything. They know it is in their best interest to keep you in the dark. This company cant even respond to customer service issues or even put out a world event that doesnt blow up their servers. Right now what you are seeing is the little dutch boy with all of his fingers and toes in the dam and trying to assure people that everything is just dandy.

I hate to be chicken little ... but the sky is falling.

/signed

Sorry but now I can write just this xD I'm just too tired.

Good night

Telaran

/signed

I wont say nothing about the current pvp problems because if the developers canīt see the problems without us, then the problem is bigger than i thought.

"A lvl 50 rogue with cancelled subscription till they solve the pvp ridiculous unbalance."

Telaran

Signed.

And if the dev's are reading the actual posts on here check this out: Champions Online remained ridiculously quiet to their players, and within two months they lost over 10,000 or so of their subscribers before they changed something. Now they have developers regularly talking to the community on the forums, answering questions, talking to people, sharing their views on what they want to have happen as well as what they think is going to happen. They've still never gotten that many people back, but the game is still there. Kinda, it's pretty much free to play. APB never got around to talking to their community and completely ignored balance. APB has gone down three months after release.

Oh, and let me restate one of my points up there. Champions decided to talk to the community about their plans whether it was set in stone or not. Sometimes plans change before they are released. They know this and said this. But still talked about it anyway. Kick your PR people in the mouth whenever they tell you to keep hush hush about upcoming plans and talk to us. Some may leave if you talk about something they don't like but they'd probably leave when it came out unannounced anyhow. Even more importantly than that... MORE people will leave if you keep saying nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast