+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a good class these days for people who enjoy solo pve and rather melee?

Default What is a good class these days for people who enjoy solo pve and rather melee?

Hey just checking in I took a break I always been bad at games picking and choosing what I want but rather always had to ask and enjoyed knowing someone has helped me find the right path lmao..

I was wondering what a good melee class was if anyone would have suggestions for PVE.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    Hey just checking in I took a break I always been bad at games picking and choosing what I want but rather always had to ask and enjoyed knowing someone has helped me find the right path lmao..

I was wondering what a good melee class was if anyone would have suggestions for PVE.
    Shaman or Druid, with a second spec in Justicar.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Shaman or Druid, with a second spec in Justicar.
    What is this like End game? I do have some experience with this in the past. Got to almost level 30 hell even made a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-83lk8S-pk

The reason I stopped because most people told me End game they suck at melee and its really bad. There like your playing a healer.... So I was wondering what is it like end game?
    Last edited by Kane Hart; 04-10-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Old Content:

Champion of Telara

Right now, Warriors are still the best single target dps class.

They have the best armor, the most hp, great survivability, good CC ... and on top of all that ... they have the best single target dps.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-10-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Melee rogue is having kind of a tough time. There are some strong builds but require much tighter play than just slapping buttons. Warriors are more button slappy. Someone mentioned a post about a Druid pulling some pretty crazy numbers as well.

Melee isn't perfect with some fights forcing melee to, well, not melee but dev is wanting feedback so those encounters can be fixed. If you wanna punch stuff in the face, there's a lot of options for you.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

so when comes to say Shaman vs champion end game. I assume champion is what I will be satisfied the most by?
    Old Content:

They really aren't that much different. Both have a charge. Both hit things with big weapons. One has mana based offense, the other has combo points.

Not speaking to balance as of this very moment, granted, but playwise you could do either and it wouldn't be horribly different. More I guess it depends on what else you would want to do. Warriors can melee dps and tank. Clerics can do anything. You had a post on the mage forum about wanting to stand in one place and nuke. Inquisitors (cleric nuker spec) can do just that.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

In the Cleric forum some guy made a cool video of Shaman/Just/Druid. Lireally 0 down time, can not die and amazing AoE.

He has 2 melee builds as he plays on RP-PvP server one is for AoE grinding and the other is deep Shaman for solo and up to 2 mob grinding as well as PvP.

He also gives you his macro, its amazing, melee clerics can macro everything for max DPS.

+ Reply to Thread