+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ok mages, want to keep GoS the way it is? how about this compromise!

Rift Master

Default Ok mages, want to keep GoS the way it is? how about this compromise!

So all mages keep going "we need to keep GoS as it is because there is too much CC in the game"

Okay fair enough, but to meet you folks in the middle, and keep the rest of us happy, heres a little idea for GoS:

The spell has a 3 minute duration, so how about a 3 minute cooldown timer?

Now before you go "OMGZ NO WAY" let me put this to you as to why I think it would be a fair fix:

Since its a Pyro spell, you can reset the cooldown on it anyway with heatwave, but the change would mean you would have to actually think about using GoS with strategy rather than as it is currently being used and you wont always be able to just drop it down for instant Anti CC meaning there will be periods of time where you simply wont have that luxury.

So would that be fair for you all?

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

I propose a different compromise, just another option... not saying it's a better one.

Remove "Improved Ground of Power". It's 10% less damage taken and 5% + damage done.
    Just remove it all together and it should help balance it a bit. I don't even think it's that radical a change.

Thats a nice idea. A lot of classes have tier powerful abilites on cd. Necro/lock -> neddra essence + shadow life for example, 3 min cd and its fair. Maybe with 3 min cd on GoS pyro will be forced to THINK when to use it etc, they will be forced to learn mobility... and pvp skill not just pop 1-2 spells and ownage.

Rift Master

Why are you talking to me like I actually code my own class?

I propose mages s t f u and get nerfed like warriors did.
    Last edited by ComaXO; 04-10-2011 at 06:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Why are you talking to me like I actually code my own class?
    It's called a suggestion based on a middle ground since the common mage argument is "There is too much CC therefore we need GoS"

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    It's called a suggestion based on a middle ground since the common mage argument is "There is too much CC therefore we need GoS"
    You didn't answer the question. Why are you talking to me (a mage) like I can code my own class? It's weird. Stop it.

Do you think that if you get enough random 'mages' to post here in agreement with you, Trion will be somehow bound to implement your craptastic idea?

Rift Master

You didn't answer the question. Why are you talking to me (a mage) like I can code my own class? It's weird. Stop it.

Do you think that if you get enough random 'mages' to post here in agreement with you, Trion will be somehow bound to implement your craptastic idea?
    So what would you rather? The nerf everyone else is suggesting? As in GoS either taken out of the game or losing its anti CC, mitigation or both?

Everyone knows and have accepted that in its current state GoS cannot stay as it is, however there is a fine line between turning a skill into useless and reaching a compromise that will not only keep the skill useful, but make it more acceptable to everyone else.

My suggestion again is based on a middle ground, but of course I knew there would be some mages that dont want compromise and want to stay on top of the food chain, but don't kid yourself into thinking Trion will handle you with kid gloves if they nerf it the usual way (take a look at sab and reaver to see what you could be in store for)

Quote Originally Posted by ComaXO View Post
    I propose mages s t f u and get nerfed like warriors did.
    Wait, you're going to make it so I do even more DPS after the "nerf" with some builds? Please nerf me just like warriors got nerfed. Since there's no "bugs" to fix, it'll be even better!
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    So what would you rather? The nerf everyone else is suggesting? As in GoS either taken out of the game or losing its anti CC, mitigation or both?

Everyone knows and have accepted that in its current state GoS cannot stay as it is, however there is a fine line between turning a skill into useless and reaching a compromise that will not only keep the skill useful, but make it more acceptable to everyone else.

My suggestion again is based on a middle ground, but of course I knew there would be some mages that dont want compromise and want to stay on top of the food chain, but don't kid yourself into thinking Trion will handle you with kid gloves if they nerf it the usual way (take a look at sab and reaver to see what you could be in store for)
    I think you think you/we have much more input into the balancing process than we actually do.

I'll leave the balancing up to Trion thanks. I don't really care as I don't hang my hat on one skill or soul.
    My suggestion would be to add a post to the multitude of already existing threads rather than creating YET ANOTHER useless thread based on GoS to clutter the forums.

Rift Chaser

Default Knock them off of it

Allow any knock back to take them off of the GoS. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DArksayian View Post
    Allow any knock back to take them off of the GoS. Problem solved.
    Isn't knockback a CC type? I'll have to make sure I bug report that MM knockback. GOS should be immune to that.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Master

I think you think you/we have much more input into the balancing process than we actually do.

I'll leave the balancing up to Trion thanks. I don't really care as I don't hang my hat on one skill or soul.
    My suggestion would be to add a post to the multitude of already existing threads rather than creating YET ANOTHER useless thread based on GoS to clutter the forums.
    And since you are not actually adding anything to the discussion other than trying to get into a flame war by insulting the thread and not adding actual feedback other than "yet another trollolol", reported.

Rift Chaser

How bout this instead:
    • GoS effects remain as is
    • -50% Max mana while standing in GoS
    • -50% Charge gain while standing in GoS

Halving the pyro's max mana halves the ammo they have availible. So either they'll have to spam less or regen more. Either way they're still capable of huge burst damage, just not as often. Halving the charge gained using spells (ie: if fireball is +10 charge, it is +5 charge standing in GoS), slows down how quickly they can use charge abilities (ie: Fulminate).

Obviously, the pyro can simply leave GoS to returrn to normal. But isn't that kinda the point? Something like that would make GoS more situational, instead of a Pyro standing in it all day. Rather, a bad pyro. Something like this prolly wouldn't affect good Pyro players at all since they don't setup on a perch all day and nuke. And that's also the point: remove scrub pyros.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Isn't knockback a CC type? I'll have to make sure I bug report that MM knockback. GOS should be immune to that.
    You know that it's a point blank CC, right? I can't be done at anything greater than 0 meters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast