+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Personally I'd rather have mages sorted out than anymore Live Events

Default Personally I'd rather have mages sorted out than anymore Live Events

So while Chloro/Lock and Pyromancers run around completely broke Trion posts nothing. Not even one follow up post post 1,1 from Gersh. Pre1.1 the guy posted every other day or so about changes. Now they broke mages completely, and we don't even get an update? There's nothing on Alpha either. So we have their live event which is little more than some Death Rifts and Fluff items so far, and still a bunch of broke assed PvP, and Warfronts.

Are these things even being looked at? Why did we get posts, and updates pre1.1, and now nothing? Is the game complete now in class balancing (ZOMG, lol)? One broad, across the board upgrade for all Mage souls, and that's it?
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-10-2011 at 05:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

well thank god you dont work at trion

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    well thank god you dont work at trion
    Why whats has the so called "Live Event" brought us? Extra Death Rifts? Appearance crap, and fluff pets? All while the WF queues on Deepstrike went from one minute to twenty minutes?. Ummm? Yeah thank god dude, those extra Death Rifts are a lot better than fixing PvP, or core balance issues.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-10-2011 at 05:45 AM.
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Soulwalker

Don't feed the trolls...

Great more people crying chloro is overpowered. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Healing classes are made to heal tanks and parties against major dungeon bosses. If you are not a major dungeon boss, obviously you can not kill that mage/cleric that is just healing himself. Use your brain and the abilities Trion gave you to stun, silence, and reduce healing done. And get yourself a team. Anyone will tell you 1v1ing a healer is a stupid idea.

Rift Disciple

OP you are right on, and feel exactly how I feel. You can add some cleric builds/exploits to the list of broken pvp too. Seeing more indestructable cleric builds hitting for 3.5k finishing in top kills, damage and top 3 healing that requires an entire group to take down. So yes, no live event crap and fluff until the classes/bugs are fixed. Use your resources wisely. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Great more people crying chloro is overpowered. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Healing classes are made to heal tanks and parties against major dungeon bosses. If you are not a major dungeon boss, obviously you can not kill that mage/cleric that is just healing himself. Use your brain and the abilities Trion gave you to stun, silence, and reduce healing done. And get yourself a team. Anyone will tell you 1v1ing a healer is a stupid idea.
    If they balanced Chloro/lock to be a healer then I'd agree with you. Does a bard do 600 dps? Does bard have any real healer abilities other than AOE heals? How about a cleric specced to heal...do they have 600 dps? Chloro/lock needs looked at. The Warfronts are dying, and 1.1 is a major cause.
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Shadowlander not.my.spec@gmail.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    If they balanced Chloro/lock to be a healer then I'd agree with you. Does a bard do 600 dps? Does bard have any real healer abilities other than AOE heals? How about a cleric specced to heal...do they have 600 dps? Chloro/lock needs looked at. The Warfronts are dying, and 1.1 is a major cause.
    no chloro lock is doing 600DPS. A 600 DPS mage is almost certainly a necro/lock. The spec has a large amount of self healing and in a good WF I can hit almost 40k heals just on myself with CDs and soul drain.

More over, a chloro has pretty limited self heals, since the only ones are on CDs. LGV is not enough to out-heal a DPS class alone either. Clerics have far more utility and are much more versatile in PvP than chloromancers are.

People who make and maintain live events have nothing to do with the people who balance classes.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Yeah and apparently they share the same quality workmanship.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Complain. Send feedback every time you die in a Titan's Strike or get one-shot by Blast Charge and are waiting to respawn. Complain in the forums. Start threads outside of the Mage forum. Actively discredit Warriors and Rogues who would keep us down. Don't try to be mature or the "good guy" and stay quiet. It never works. Rift Mage Forum Link

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Yeah and apparently they share the same quality workmanship.
    QQQQQQQQ

That post was really helpful, thanks for your input.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

I'm pretty sure by this point they don't care, I've waited since the day of 1.1 for them to acknowledge how the OPness ****ed the games balance or even acknowledge their population dying... but... they have not doen either... Nice job Gersh... you killed another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

When people accept the fact that this is a pve game with pvp barely more than a side game, they'll start to calm down and feel better. I wish that it weren't the case, but it's Trion's game and when I started playing I knew this wasn't going to be shadowbane 2. At first I fought and argued and complained, but after a bit I realized that things would change at the pace Trion feels like changing them. If you're here for diehard pvp, you picked the wrong game. Either adapt and find a way to have fun, or play darkfall. (or play to crush when it's back on) That's our options.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Soulwalker

If you want to compare chloro/lock healing to bard healing then you should also take into account all the extra buffs that a bard brings to the table.

Also aside from cleric, who can do everything, rogue is the only calling that can do 3 roles. Offhealing, dps and tanking. Mages can heal or dps, warriors can tank or dps. Rogues who play bard should think themselves lucky that the rogue calling is so versatile rather than complain.

There are a handful of major problems with the mage class when it comes to pvp:

1: The battlegrounds that get played the most (black garden and port scion) promote grouping up, falling right into the hands of mages, who have amazing AE abilities.

2: Scaling on AE abilities is far better than single target abilities. In t1/2 gear there is almost no reason for anyone (except a pyromancer) to cast anything other than an AE ability to damage a single target.

3: Ground of Strength is completely ******ed and whoever designed it should be shot. Immunity to near everything while taking less damage and giving a chance to proc a stun? Really? This ability either needs a long cooldown and a short duration (3 min cd 10s duration sounds right, instant cast) or redesigned.

Meh.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nebhatesyou View Post
    People who make and maintain live events have nothing to do with the people who balance classes.
    I know you are probably right, but you have to admit, it is very frustrating to not hear one peep out of Trion about their plans, and what is going on? They spend more time spamming the servers about the live event, you would think they could make one post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast