+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Open letter to Trion Devs

Rift Master

Default Open letter to Trion Devs

Just wanted to make this thread for others to also pitch in, I dont normally do the whole open letter thing as no matter how much support you may get, you will always have naysayers and flamers, either way I'd like people to keep a sense of maturity and try keep this flame free.

Dear Devs,

It has been several weeks now since we last had feedback of any kind from the developer team on the state of class balancing and we, the community would very much like a follow up on the "state of the game"

As many threads have pointed out, class balance still shows to be heavily in favor of certain classes, while others are still struggling to compete from a PvP and PvE viewpoint. This is causing much distress and concern among the community as we feel we are effectively being kept in the dark as to just how Trion is planning to address this issue, perhaps a "State of the game" address may be in order to appease those of us that are currently uncertain to the direction the game may be going.

We understand and appreciate that Trion do indeed have a busy schedule and getting out fixes can be an uphill struggle as well as keeping community members up to date of the goings on. The world events have been a success and I for one am extremely happy with the timley manner of hotfixes and content addition which is at an unheard of rate when compared to other likeminded MMO's.

So if you or any member of your dev team could possibly pop by and ease our weary minds, it would be highly appreciated!

================================================== ==============

So once again folks lets try to keep this clean and flame free.
    Last edited by Eorith; 04-11-2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Removed dev name

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Soulwalker

Thumbs down

The path you have chosen leads only to frustration, confusion, and bewilderment.

Rift = Warhammer Online in too many ways not to see a trend here, which is a very bad omen

OP Pyros = OP Bright Wizards

nerfed Reavers = nerfed Black Orcs

too much PVP CC = too much PVP CC

unplayable server lag at server event = unplayable server lag at fortresses

...etc.
    Last edited by Groobash; 04-10-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Groobash View Post
    The path you have chosen leads only to frustration, confusion, and bewilderment.

Rift = Warhammer Online in too many ways not to see a trend here, which is a very bad omen

...etc.
    in war i could see more than 50 players in the screen. here they just dissapear... i was getting hitting in event by defiants that i couldnt even see, i now understand why they want only bgs... and no open pvp

Champion of Telara

I agree we need more work on balance.

Melee Rogues need a buff. Warriors need a small nerf (starting with Strikes like Lion).

Hopefully they will let us know what they are doing next.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 04-10-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

I agree we need more work on balance.

Melee Rogues need a buff. Warriors need a small nerf (starting with Strikes like Lion).

Hopefully they will let us know what they are doing next.

Let me guess, you play... ROGUE?

Nerf warriors, are you ****ing kidding me.

Also, SLI is the only thing that keeps most peoples warriors off the shelf.

imo, g t f o

Warriors need their souls to be adjusted so there are more options and less broken souls.

On topic :

I concur and appreciate your attempt, though the experienced mmo player in me would say its in vain.
    Last edited by Calcifer; 04-10-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

I agree warriors need a moderate nerf to damage (it's still way too high relative to other callings and where warriors should be), rogues then need a buff, GOS probably needs the DR reduced or eliminated, clerics probably need a dps reduction, necro/lock probably needs dps reduction, much of the CC needs to be removed.

It won't happen but it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Groobash View Post

...etc.
    LOL, are you serious. No if you want to buff rogues take away all the stealth/immuneBS and stun and then we'll talk. I don't remember GOS or anything warrior has that gives you immune to all damage for 10-20 seconds.

Sorry but people who complain about rogues needing buffs are children that need to learn to play, I play a rogue and I can easily top healing/dps with my bard. A pyro mage is that comes in kill 2-3 people and suicide. Rogues can come in kill me, turn around Slip-Away then kill another mage easily.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by InitialRIFT View Post
    LOL, are you serious. No if you want to buff rogues take away all the stealth/immuneBS and stun and then we'll talk. I don't remember GOS or anything warrior has that gives you immune to all damage for 10-20 seconds.

Sorry but people who complain about rogues needing buffs are children that need to learn to play, I play a rogue and I can easily top healing/dps with my bard. A pyro mage is that comes in kill 2-3 people and suicide. Rogues can come in kill me, turn around Slip-Away then kill another mage easily.
    Can we keep on topic instead of turning this thread into another Flame fest of who owned who? there is a bazillion other threads to do that in, this one is an attempt to get a state of the game address from Trion of which I feel we the community duely deserve.

Also yes, I feel it also may be in vain, but the open letter from the mages worked for them, so no harm in trying from the community as a whole.

Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by InitialRIFT View Post

LOL if you died to a rogue,you sir need L2P

I'd like a state of the game myself. I know in interviews Gersh has mentioned they have a short list, but things keep being prioritized over other things so it's tough to say. I appreciate that. I'd still like to know what is on the horizon, specifically for PvP but in general as well.

Rift Chaser

The game is already starting to become dull...

Most people that play regularly have seen all instances, some done GS or some are halfway. Pretty much everyone in my guild is walking around with over 200 plaques of achievement spare. Sure, there might be some new items in instances now, but hardly anyone can be arssed to do them when they already got the gear.

Also PvP has become dull, no premades possible, no arena and world pvp is quite demotivating atm as you rarely meet someone. The imbalance going around and many people skipping out on PvP based on that (which you may agree/disagree with) leads to less people pvping.

Professions still work, but that will only be the case as long as people are interested in gearing up.

Raid rifts are fun, but they require you to have 1-2 tanks and enough healers, and if not everyone can fulfill these roles as their gear/class dependent (if only warriors could at least support heal for example), then there is no raidrifts. That said, Ive already done enough raid rifts that I got 75 inscribed sourcestones.

I and many others find ourselves only logging on during raid times, and every week several people leave the guild, despite having good progress and a friendly atmosphere in the guild.

Simply put, the game is starting to become boring quite soon, even with the new world event going on, the first phase is nothing interesting as it is..

Im sad about all this, because at first it seemed to be a really awesome and complete game.

Rift Disciple

The game is dull and not fun.

My level 50 warrior is on the shelf because I came to Rift to PvP. No, I do not play a champion/paragon/whatever. I play a Sword and Shield warrior of which every spec that I have used has been nerfed. Paladin, Reaver, Riftblade all nerfed so that I can no longer kill other players. Those souls were not dps but they could at least survive and give me options during a fight. Now my option is log in to submit feedback and then go play something that is fun.

I started leveling up a Mage but decided that since I am here for PvP and that this game is so focused on PVE that I will just put my time somewhere else. Warfronts on Spitescar Guardian take 30 min to 2 hours to pop depending on the time of day and that is solo que a premade takes longer. Then you get into the structured fun and I get to fight Pyros who are 1 shotting warriors and clerics who can heal through warrior damage and have no problem killing me. Warriors cant survive in PvP without a pocket healer and that really happens when you are solo in warfronts ... yeah right. So, that explains why Rift gets an F from me and it looks like most of the PvP community here agrees.

Well, on the plus side my subscription is running out soon. Thank you for the opportunity to play Warhammer 2.0 but I think I am going to pass. Just like I did last time.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Koffiegast View Post
    The game is already starting to become dull...

Most people that play regularly have seen all instances, some done GS or some are halfway. Pretty much everyone in my guild is walking around with over 200 plaques of achievement spare. Sure, there might be some new items in instances now, but hardly anyone can be arssed to do them when they already got the gear.
    That why focusing on PVE is not worth the effort. PVE in general is dull and boring.

PVP and its playerbase is what makes games living!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Melee Rogues need a buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansobar View Post
    rogues then need a buff,
    There are rogues out there that open up on me out of stealth, lock me down, and kill me before I ever get a chance to defend myself.

And you want them to be buffed?

Quote Originally Posted by Forb View Post
    in war i could see more than 50 players in the screen. here they just dissapear... i was getting hitting in event by defiants that i couldnt even see, i now understand why they want only bgs... and no open pvp
    that maybe a computer issue. Running a 6 core dual 5870's and i get well over 35 FPS with 50 plus people on the screen and no one disapears.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast