+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maybe the problem with rogues is to many archtype's

Default Maybe the problem with rogues is to many archtype's

Most people have an idea of what "style" character they want to play. I believe many of the balance issues with rogues is that they don't want to be associated with many parts of there class.

There the ranged classes (MM and Ranger)
    The support (Bard)
    The Tank (Rift Stalker)
    The ODD ones (Sab / NB)
    and the Melee (Assassin / BD)

And everyone wants there "style" to be effective. But ATM when we have to go to the souls we just don't like (NB / SaB / Range for me) its very aggravating. It actually goes complete against the "play what every style you want". If the a rogue wants to go on a group he will either be Bard or NB, but what if they don't like these classes. Sure even I keep a utility spec around for support, but if 90% of your time is played in a "style" you do not like whats the point?

I think the Rogue class is suffering from trying to be to many different things at once. And I like many of the player base really only want to deal with half of it.

MM/Rangers don't want to be associated with NB or stealthers so they argue there damage sucks.
    Assassin's and BD's want MELEE dps not NB DPS.

What about you Warriors, Mages, Priests? do your people suffer from "don't associate me with that soul" syndrome?
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Jack of all Trades
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by ralinsilver View Post
    Most people have an idea of what "style" character they want to play. I believe many of the balance issues with rogues is that they don't want to be associated with many parts of there class.

There the ranged classes (MM and Ranger)
    The support (Bard)
    The Tank (Rift Stalker)
    The ODD ones (Sab / NB)
    and the Melee (Assassin / BD)

And everyone wants there "style" to be effective. But ATM when we have to go to the souls we just don't like (NB / SaB / Range for me) its very aggravating. It actually goes complete against the "play what every style you want". If the a rogue wants to go on a group he will either be Bard or NB, but what if they don't like these classes. Sure even I keep a utility spec around for support, but if 90% of your time is played in a "style" you do not like whats the point?

I think the Rogue class is suffering from trying to be to many different things at once. And I like many of the player base really only want to deal with half of it.

MM/Rangers don't want to be associated with NB or stealthers so they argue there damage sucks.
    Assassin's and BD's want MELEE dps not NB DPS.

What about you Warriors, Mages, Priests? do your people suffer from "don't associate me with that soul" syndrome?
    The counter to this is that the Cleric, also, can fulfill all roles...but it is not subpar in any of them.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Plane Touched

I think the rogue class is suffering because the Rogue Dev needs to grow some balls.

Seriously.

Look what the mage dev did to pyros

He said "I don't like taking full damage, being stunned/silence, knockbacked, or casting long cast times. I'm gonna give me 50% DR, half cast time, immune to stuns/silence. Also, I hate not one shotting kids. Gotta fix that"

And now we have pyros.

Rogue Dev needs to grow some balls, make Blackout from Nightblades last 10 seconds, 10 second cooldown, and all rogue abilities hit for 2k. Finishers need to hit for 5k.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by daays View Post
    I think the rogue class is suffering because the Rogue Dev needs to grow some balls.

Seriously.

Look what the mage dev did to pyros

He said "I don't like taking full damage, being stunned/silence, knockbacked, or casting long cast times. I'm gonna give me 50% DR, half cast time, immune to stuns/silence. Also, I hate not one shotting kids. Gotta fix that"

And now we have pyros.

Rogue Dev needs to grow some balls, make Blackout from Nightblades last 10 seconds, 10 second cooldown, and all rogue abilities hit for 2k. Finishers need to hit for 5k.
    I hope that is sarcasm.

Considering Pyro had GoS before 1.1....could have sworn it was in the Beta (on the tree) as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by prysk View Post
    Anyway, we was so horny for this game...

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStamp View Post
    I hope that is sarcasm.

Considering Pyro had GoS before 1.1....could have sworn it was in the Beta (on the tree) as well.
    Another big thanks to the beta testers seems to be in order then

Rather than provide feedback on a skill which would cause OBVIOUS issues in pvp, all they could was say 'wow this game ROX!'

There should be a minimum IQ test required for beta testers

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post

Rather than provide feedback on a skill which would cause OBVIOUS issues in pvp, all they could was say 'wow this game ROX!'

Trion just made it so that you can no longer run through casters so they need LoS to finish their spells.

You really think beta testers would have had any say in those changes?

Let alone the class devs, balance team, or w/e they have would listen?

Get real.

All game developers have the same mentality

"This is my game. I design it the way I want."

The only time players have a say is when the majority (as in over 90% population) voices their opinion as a group. And then they're forced to change not because they want to, but because they have to by the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStamp View Post
    I hope that is sarcasm.

What's your point?

Want me to list all the "terrible mechanics that will become an issue if class X gets a buff" ?
    Last edited by daays; 04-09-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Yes. Yes. No.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagel View Post

Well if you knew anything about the beta testing phase you would know that Trion put a level cap on testers, they did not let them get to 50 at any staige throughout testing nor did they let them fully explore each class/spec and this is why there are so many balance issues. don't blame the testers for not bringing up issues that they could not even see.

+ Reply to Thread