+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Psst, everyone's quitting because you aren't fixing meaningful things.

Default Psst, everyone's quitting because you aren't fixing meaningful things.

That event? cool cool and stuff, seemed like death rifts instead of normal rifts in some zones and theres some boss i've never seen but I get the attraction for some. Now lets move to the majority (or previous majority that have now quit the game):

Everyone i know who played but cancelled their subscription has done so because changes that they thought were necessary and should be high on the priority list have yet to arrive (still).

"Ok lol rogues are qqers they all suck at dps and pvp" - maybe look into this? after a month there have been no substantial changes, just a poor bug fix and a nerf to sabs.

"Mages are so OP omfg!" - only notable changes we've seen are increases in the amount/ease of damage delivery by pyromancers, not real survivability like they wanted either!

Trion srsly. You push out a pve based mmo that gets an amazing reception, is one of the most successful mmo releases since wow came out, is quite plentiful on end-game content, has a reward system already set up that people have started really getting into and then you fail to address what seems to be the most common complaint of all? DOIN' IT RONG.

Also ima quit because i'd love to play some sort of archer in an mmo but unfortunately someone can't take the initiative to tweak a few numbers for even a temporary fix and balance these classes.
    U.

Yay another post of someone who claims everyone is quitting when they themself will probably be here still crying in 2 weeks.

There will be many patches. Things will get fixed, things will get broken. A million people will still play this game. And your thread will be the bottem of the trash can along with every other whiney post.

Mats and plats, please.

Thank you,

Bu-Bye

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Yay another post of someone who claims everyone is quitting when they themself will probably be here still crying in 2 weeks.

There will be many patches. Things will get fixed, things will get broken. A million people will still play this game. And your thread will be the bottem of the trash can along with every other whiney post.
    I was like you, gave it a week watching patch notes and bluepo- i mean dev tracker. Still waiting!
    U.

Wow such the visionary!!! As if we need yet another 13 year old boy who is struggling internally on if this is the right moment to come out of the closet! S T F U no one cares!
    ~ Only the Dead have seen the End of War... ~

Telaran

The lack of updates to balance issues are pissing me off too. But even more so is the fact that they have remained APB/Champions online style quiet about it. We all know how well that worked for them. A little insight goes a long way. Things like "Our plan right now for rogues is to ______. So far testing of that looks about _______ but not set in stone. Just giving you a heads up on what we're looking at". Stuff like that keeps us feeling in the loop. A very important thing for new games, since we get the feeling this is how it's going to be from here on and we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by FearAlice View Post
    The lack of updates to balance issues are pissing me off too. But even more so is the fact that they have remained APB/Champions online style quiet about it. We all know how well that worked for them. A little insight goes a long way. Things like "Our plan right now for rogues is to ______. So far testing of that looks about _______ but not set in stone. Just giving you a heads up on what we're looking at". Stuff like that keeps us feeling in the loop. A very important thing for new games, since we get the feeling this is how it's going to be from here on and we leave.
    THIS.

I don't mind about the delay for Phase 2 and 3 of the world event. I can live with that. It would be cool, and I'm still looking forward to it when it goes live, but the fact that Rogues and Mages have both QQed obsessively since launch about balance issues with no reaction on Trion's part completely flies in the face of everything they've done right, ie listening to the player base, quickly fixing quest/dungeon/raid problems, adding new security measures, etc.

I've got the Alpha client as well and those patch notes haven't said a thing about the progress on balance either, and it's really starting to get under my skin. I've rolled a warrior because I'm sick and tired of happily questing my way through Stillmoor dailies at 50 to get roflstomped by a PvE specced warrior. I use my interrupts, I pay attention to invulnerability, but the simple fact of the matter is that I'm inevitably killed by the lack of burst damage and CC in the Rogue trees.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zapyourit View Post
    I've rolled a warrior because I'm sick and tired of happily questing my way through Stillmoor dailies at 50 to get roflstomped by a PvE specced warrior. I use my interrupts, I pay attention to invulnerability, but the simple fact of the matter is that I'm inevitably killed by the lack of burst damage and CC in the Rogue trees.
    One thing Trion has said (at least according to other forum posters, i haven't seen the quote) is that they are not going to balance the game for 1v1 play. That is fine, but if that is the case, i'd love to know what the assassin style class (rogues) are supposed to do. It seems like we have the tools to stand up to someone 1v1 which would make sense being... assassins.. but we can't seem to do that. The mages have the tools to stop us from killing them. And i say the mages because they all have these tools.

Chloro has heals in excess of our damage, pyros have damage in excess of our life bars, necros have very nice pets and burst as well as heals, Warlocks have a damage shield that returns more damage to us than we even deal to them as well as defensive cooldowns. (i know that wasn't all, but you get the point). Warriors are just in general hitting harder than us, have more health than us, less combo points till finisher than us, and more mitigation than us.

It seems our only method of dealing with this is either spec nightblade to reduce healing and get some fairly nice spike in there (pigeon holing us into one spec) or pick assassin and use slip away when someone attacks us. I haven't touched on the ranged rogues much cause i personally have not played them much. We need something, and moreso than that the players need a response from the dev's telling us what is going on.

Champion

Everyone isn't quitting, and those that are, are quitting for a variety of reasons.

What you actually mean to say is "I'm really angry, and here's why" because 9 times out of 10 any one angry enough to post that they're quitting is actually NOT quitting, because they care too much to quit.

Plane Touched

People who are quitting because they think perfect balance in a complex system that Rift provides is possible did poor research before making their investment in to the game. Have other MMOs had balance issues? Oh yes they have. Will this MMO, with an even more complex system, have balance issues? Oh yes it will. If you want a balanced online game find a typical FPS or an MMO with no PvP at all. This game is not for you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by trajika View Post
    People who are quitting because they think perfect balance in a complex system that Rift provides is possible did poor research before making their investment in to the game. Have other MMOs had balance issues? Oh yes they have. Will this MMO, with an even more complex system, have balance issues? Oh yes it will. If you want a balanced online game find a typical FPS or an MMO with no PvP at all. This game is not for you.
    That's all fine. There certainly will be balance issues, and we know that. I personally accept that. What i don't like is that they are moving staggeringly slow to correct them, and making no effort to inform us of their upcoming decisions. With none of the dev's saying anything on the topic it makes us feel like it's not a priority, or it's not being taken care of. THAT is what people are getting upset about.

Game balance is top priority. The issue is that they are not treating it as such. A world event, or some other thing getting all the communication time is making us feel like that is the priority instead, regardless of what the reality might be.

everyone is quitting?
    We are asking for RvR.

Developers have different departments. Those guys that developed the Event don't have anything to do with balancing classes.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebhatesyou View Post
    Developers have different departments. Those guys that developed the Event don't have anything to do with balancing classes.
    They should get together and go bowling.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Complain. Send feedback every time you die in a Titan's Strike or get one-shot by Blast Charge and are waiting to respawn. Complain in the forums. Start threads outside of the Mage forum. Actively discredit Warriors and Rogues who would keep us down. Don't try to be mature or the "good guy" and stay quiet. It never works. Rift Mage Forum Link

Quote Originally Posted by Servus View Post
    That event? cool cool and stuff, seemed like death rifts instead of normal rifts in some zones and theres some boss i've never seen but I get the attraction for some. Now lets move to the majority (or previous majority that have now quit the game):

Everyone i know who played but cancelled their subscription has done so because changes that they thought were necessary and should be high on the priority list have yet to arrive (still).

"Ok lol rogues are qqers they all suck at dps and pvp" - maybe look into this? after a month there have been no substantial changes, just a poor bug fix and a nerf to sabs.

"Mages are so OP omfg!" - only notable changes we've seen are increases in the amount/ease of damage delivery by pyromancers, not real survivability like they wanted either!

Trion srsly. You push out a pve based mmo that gets an amazing reception, is one of the most successful mmo releases since wow came out, is quite plentiful on end-game content, has a reward system already set up that people have started really getting into and then you fail to address what seems to be the most common complaint of all? DOIN' IT RONG.

Also ima quit because i'd love to play some sort of archer in an mmo but unfortunately someone can't take the initiative to tweak a few numbers for even a temporary fix and balance these classes.
    Just have to say at the start every cryed about sabs doing 2-5k damage an **** ok so it was nerft now mages are 1 shoting good geared players i have some t2 gear an good everything else an mages can hit me for SOMETIMES 4-5k a pop OP?

Classes are no where near balanced so far from it it will kill your game in the END
    Rorschach
    Briarcliff Sever(PvP)
    Rouge
    http://www.revogaming.org/index.php

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast