+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 157

Thread: Reflect damage armours need a nerf

  1. #1
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default Reflect damage armours need a nerf

    Give all reflect damage armours a 3 second internal CD.

    Its not fun blowing yourself up on AFKs as a melee rogue, especially on warlock armour.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    129

    Default Trees need a nerf

    I was trying to pew pew this afk warrior the other day, but a tree was in the way. Nerf geometry


    Rank 5

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Give all reflect damage armours a 3 second internal CD.

    Its not fun blowing yourself up on AFKs as a melee rogue, especially on warlock armour.
    You died on warlock armor ? O_O what were you doing hitting him with a feather?

    Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default

    he is right,
    auto hits deal like 100 damage while warlock armor deals back to you ~100 and heals the mage for ~50.

    basicly you are killing yourself.

    you won't really die by afk player but he will get you to ~50-60% HP WHILE BEING AFK

  5. #5
    Rift Master Victus Tryggr Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    You died on warlock armor ? O_O what were you doing hitting him with a feather?
    Fluffy Pillow -------------------------------------> Rogue damage
    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

    The Code of Druss the Legend

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    he is right,
    auto hits deal like 100 damage while warlock armor deals back to you ~100 and heals the mage for ~50.

    basicly you are killing yourself.

    you won't really die by afk player but he will get you to ~50-60% HP WHILE BEING AFK
    Leeching poison or Greater Sourcestone proc usually negate it, cant say I've ever ran into killing myself on lock armor......ever.

    Basilus level 50 Rank 2 Rogue: Nightstalker, Contract Killer, Battlefield Tactician

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    he is right,
    auto hits deal like 100 damage while warlock armor deals back to you ~100 and heals the mage for ~50.

    basicly you are killing yourself.

    you won't really die by afk player but he will get you to ~50-60% HP WHILE BEING AFK
    and you are fighting with only auto hits? what's happened to your skills?
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  8. #8
    Rift Master Dankshasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    and you are fighting with only auto hits? what's happened to your skills?
    I think he's pointing out what a horrible design it is. I mean are we supposed to turn off autoattack to fight locks? It was a silly buff in a game with PvP, and shouldn't hit players for more than their autoattack.

    Post 1.1 Pyro, and Chloro/Locks even more so; are broke, unbalanced, and frankly the 1.1 mage changes were ill-conceived. I mean after 7 betas they just decide to upgrade all spell damage across the board for all mages? Who does that? How did they get through 7 betas only to decide a few weeks after launch that mages needed that big of a buff?

    Now post 1.1 it's pretty obvious these mages are broke as hell, but we don;t hear nothing from Trion. The patch notes are all about "MORE DEATH RIFTS!" and nothing about balance, or playability. In the meantime my queues on Deepstrike went from 1 minute to 20 minutes.

    An across the bard increase to all damage spells across the entire mage calling was noob as hell on Trion's part. It means either they were sleeping through a year of Betas, or they're sleeping now.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-10-2011 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

    DARKFALL PvP!!

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Guy at the hospital: Doctor, it hurts when I smash my head against a wall
    Doctor: Stop smashing your head against a wall

  10. #10
    Rift Master Dankshasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post
    Guy at the hospital: Doctor, it hurts when I smash my head against a wall
    Doctor: Stop smashing your head against a wall
    So turn off autoattack to fight all lock combos? Srlsy? That's a real solution? Cmon man that **** is broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

    DARKFALL PvP!!

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    806

    Default

    basicly you need to make a special macro to stop auto attack after each skill use.
    kinda dumb if you ask me.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Bronthion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    he is right,
    auto hits deal like 100 damage while warlock armor deals back to you ~100 and heals the mage for ~50.

    basicly you are killing yourself.

    you won't really die by afk player but he will get you to ~50-60% HP WHILE BEING AFK
    What are you smoking? Give me a try -,- I'm necro/lock with nearly 700 SP and warlock armor is reflecting 54 damage and healing me for 20 max.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Dankshasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronthion View Post
    What are you smoking? Give me a try -,- I'm necro/lock with nearly 700 SP and warlock armor is reflecting 54 damage and healing me for 20 max.
    That's all well and good, but unfortunately the bottom line is that the game is dying already, and balance is normally the most cited reason given as to why people are leaving. Mages will either get fixed or the game dies. I'm not QQing either, I'm basing this on Deepstrike's queues going from 1 minute three weeks ago to 20-25 minutes as of yesterday (saturday primetime USA). That's a bad, bad sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

    DARKFALL PvP!!

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara ComaXO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    682

    Default

    and the best part about deepstrike mages is all that **** talk about how good they are and bad everyone else is... If i'm still subbed the day they get brought back down... good times ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopstx View Post
    Assumption

    I see...I mistook your R-Pness as complaining. I will don my helm and tassets and take my leave. As sunlight escapes, casting shadows across the rocky wasteland, I'm reminded of how long the days of my youth seemed at that time. A better time. Now though, as the day fades, I will cherish these last few moments with waffles.

  15. #15
    Rift Master GriffonHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    I think he's pointing out what a horrible design it is. I mean are we supposed to turn off autoattack to fight locks? It was a silly buff in a game with PvP, and shouldn't hit players for more than their autoattack.

    Post 1.1 Pyro, and Chloro/Locks even more so; are broke, unbalanced, and frankly the 1.1 mage changes were ill-conceived. I mean after 7 betas they just decide to upgrade all spell damage across the board for all mages? Who does that? How did they get through 7 betas only to decide a few weeks after launch that mages needed that big of a buff?

    Now post 1.1 it's pretty obvious these mages are broke as hell, but we don;t hear nothing from Trion. The patch notes are all about "MORE DEATH RIFTS!" and nothing about balance, or playability. In the meantime my queues on Deepstrike went from 1 minute to 20 minutes.

    An across the bard increase to all damage spells across the entire mage calling was noob as hell on Trion's part. It means either they were sleeping through a year of Betas, or they're sleeping now.

    You do realize that the damage buff was less than 4% right? And from what I've heard it was nearly unnoticable at level 50?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts