Closed Thread

Thread: Void Knight

Prophet of Telara

Default Void Knight

A spec for bads and people who want to try and act useful? or a spec that requires intense skill?

What is the purpose of this thread and why is it not in the warrior section

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    What is the purpose of this thread and why is it not in the warrior section
    It is purpose that created us.
    Purpose that connects us.
    Purpose that pulls us.
    That guides us.
    That drives us.
    It is purpose that defines us.
    Purpose that binds us.
    We are here because of you, GriffonHawke. We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us.

Soulwalker

vk absolutely useless in pvp to be honest, the mana drain abilities do remove a little bit of the opponents mana but never fast enough to win a fight (1on1 and group pvp) the 8sec silence is nice without question, but really useless once you dont hit all clerics at once, they'll just get too much heal.

And since you dont do any damage to your opponent anymore since your damage output is a bad joke the class is absolutely made to be thrown in the trash.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lichtfels View Post
    vk absolutely useless in pvp to be honest, the mana drain abilities do remove a little bit of the opponents mana but never fast enough to win a fight (1on1 and group pvp) the 8sec silence is nice without question, but really useless once you dont hit all clerics at once, they'll just get too much heal.

And since you dont do any damage to your opponent anymore since your damage output is a bad joke the class is absolutely made to be thrown in the trash.
    VK is good supplementary soul to a Champ or Riftblade when combine the healing debuff or Riftblade silence and riftsurge with VK drains you have pretty good Mage counters.As main soul with most of points in that soul effectiveness is ok but is better as support now.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kirabi View Post
    VK is good supplementary soul to a Champ or Riftblade when combine the healing debuff or Riftblade silence and riftsurge with VK drains you have pretty good Mage counters.As main soul with most of points in that soul effectiveness is ok but is better as support now.
    You'll still loose to a pyro, wl or necro because you'll hit him for 100-200dmg with that spec and he'll do constant 600-700 hits.
    I've had 29% magic reduction +10% from valor the other day and still got crit nearly 8k with wings.

VK was already useless pre patch other than having mana drain / silence vs bad players that couldn't counter it.
    Now that they've taken the mana drain away they can just remove the entire tree all together.

Champ with VK will do crappy damage and riftblade as main damage anything less than 51pt is weak at end game.

No reason to have dispell, silence and root if you can't kill anything.

The only decent VK spec would be heavy VK paired with warlord for extra disarm, pull and aoe root but that will only work vs bad teams that bunch up together and dont know how to CC or focus targets.

Quote Originally Posted by PHOENlX View Post
    Not with a dominator backing you. VK-Dominator combo can soft carry a team, but a VK with two dominators can hard carry against mana heavy teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Comunique View Post
    Not with a dominator backing you. VK-Dominator combo can soft carry a team, but a VK with two dominators can hard carry against mana heavy teams.
    or just bring 3 dominators and have a chance to actually kill people. no reason for the VK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    or just bring 3 dominators and have a chance to actually kill people. no reason for the VK.
    I agree. I don't know why Trion nerfed them in the first place. Sure, if they stacked 10 pacts they *could* burst me, but it's not a reliable tactic as they have to build up that 10 stack of pacts again to do it. Everything regarding the VK has been turned from mainline spec to subspec only if you need it against mana using raid trash. That's sorta sad in my eyes because I thought with my mage, I'd have to worry about VKs in WFs, but I worry more about sins than VKs. There's something terribly wrong with that mental image for me.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. Please refrain from creating posts or threads that are intended to bait or mock others, or rally negative, non-constructive responses. You are welcome to share your thoughts on our forums, and even debate, as long as it is done in a respectful and constructive manner.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread